“Can't wait to visit again!”
Review of Hotel Pattee

Hotel Pattee
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Perry
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We went to the Hotel Pattee last week for a quick vacation. We couldn't have asked for a better stay! I love learning about the story behind things, and boy does this hotel have a story behind every part of it! Everyone was very polite and friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay the best it could possibly be. The food was great in David's Milwaukee Diner both for dinner and breakfast. The Pattee Pain Perdu was the best twist on French toast I've ever eaten. I've been craving it every day since we left. We stayed in the DJ Pattee Suite and it was absolutely incredible! The room was beautifully decorated, had a beautiful fireplace, sitting room, comfortable bed, and a tub almost big enough to be a swimming pool! We enjoyed our massages at the Copper Door Spa, had fun bowling at the two lanes downstairs, and relaxed in the hot tub downstairs as well. It was the absolute perfect vacation for us! The owners Jay & Denise have the passion, drive, dedication, attention to detail, and knowledge of the hotel industry to ensure you will have an amazing stay at their hotel. They are also some of the friendliest people you will ever meet!

We also enjoyed the town of Perry while we took walks around the downtown area. There is an adorable little shop that is owned by Mary Rose that specializes in selling work from local artisans around Iowa. She is also excellent at working with stained glass and was a delight to talk with while visiting her store. We ate at a little diner for lunch that was good as well. We also found an adorable little shop called Firehouse that makes soda the old fashioned way, it was a fun little outing! There is an antique mall less than a block away that had some good finds at very low prices which made it fun to shop around. Everyone we came in contact with showed their love for their community of Perry and it made our stay even more enjoyable. Thanks for everything and we can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the DJ Pattee Suite and loved it, but there are so many different room choices you shou...
1  Thank Julie I
JayHartz, Owner at Hotel Pattee, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Hi Julie,
It was so great to have you both here with us for a few days. I am so glad that you had a relaxing and fun time! Thanks for a great review and we hope that you will come visit us again soon!
Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Pattee

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My Wife and I spent the weekend at the Hotel Patte while attending a wedding. Great facilities, well kept. Some of the best service we have every received. Every staff member we came in contact with went above and beyond. The room was great. Very large bath and shower. The best was very comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We are so glad that you had a great weekend! Please come see us again soon. Thanks for taking the time to write a review too!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was the sweetest, most interesting place we've stayed. It's charming, unique, and full of history. The service was wonderful. Great place to stay if you're headed out to do some bicycling or just want a quiet weekend away.

Room Tip: Each room has its own special character. Pick one that intrigues you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
JayHartz, Owner at Hotel Pattee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Hi Sue! Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Yes, We agree with you in that the Bike Trails are an awesome addition to Perry and the Region. Both the High Trestle Trail and The Raccoon River Valley Trail offer great scenery. Thanks for staying with us and please come back soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I were coming through Perry for family visits. We stayed at the Pattee 1 night on our way east and another night on our way back to the Black Hills of SD. Both my wife and I work in tourism and know how to appreciate great service and a great stay. We both want to let everyone know that the Pattee surpassed our expectations. What a absolutely great experience we had. We also found out that it is centrally located to many bicycle trails that you can ride to almost any day trip destination.

We will make a point to stay there at the Pattee instead of driving to Des Moines from now on. Nothing wrong with Des Moines, but the Pattee is affordable, very nice, one hour closer, and the town of Perry was easy in...easy out and very nice.

Thank you for a great time.

Dave and Patty Ressler
Custer SD

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
JayHartz, Owner at Hotel Pattee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Hi Dave and Patty! I so appreciate your feedback and thanks for the wonderful review. I hope that others will take your advice and stay with us in Perry! We aren't that far from DesMoines and the Bike Trails are very, very convenient too!
Best Regards.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

On July 4th and 5th, my daughter, wife and I were guests at the Hotel Pattee as part of a bike and stay package. What a tremendous experience for the short period of time we were there - all too short of a time!! From the moment we walked into the hotel, we felt very welcomed - including you you taking the time to check on us several times - a very nice personal touch. You even provided bug spray so that we could enjoy the 4th of July fireworks. And the food was phenomenal!

As an individual who restored an 1856 house and as a woodworker, I appreciate the hard work that went into the restoration as well as the upkeep of the hotel. It was very evident that every small detail was covered and it certainly shows.

Anyway, I'm sure you hear your share of great comments but please know that you made a great impression with our family and we hope to see you soon!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
JayHartz, Owner at Hotel Pattee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you Ed! It was great to meet you and your family! So glad you enjoyed yourselves and enjoyed the Bike Trails too!
Take Care and we do hope you come back soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We purchased tickets to ride the Boone Scenic Valley Railroad train, but also wanted to spend some time outdoors visiting other surrounding area attractions for the weekend. We needed a place to stay and found the Hotel Pattee, in Perry, IA, through the links with the railroad. I liked what I saw (rooms and rates). So I called and talked to a very friendly young lady. I booked a room.
All I can say is that it exceeded our expectations! This was a wonderful stay, from the moment we drove up to the regal entrance, the warm welcome, beautiful accommodations, to the moment we left our clean comfortable room. It was a wonderful experience.
When you stay here make sure you look around. It is such a beautiful hotel. We spent a few minutes in the quaint library, next to the lounge, which we also enjoyed, just to take it the ambiance. Oh! and don't miss the two lane bowling ally, on the lower level, along with a chapel, spa, whirl pool and conference rooms. There are so many things to do here and the surrounding areas, I wish we could have stayed longer. But we will be back with the rest of our family. I highly recommend the Hotel Pattee!
Thank you all for your gracious hospitality. TDO

Room Tip: We had the Russian room, which was a far corner room. It was quiet. We also had a view of the park...
JayHartz, Owner at Hotel Pattee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

WOW. I believe you are our first guest from the United Kingdom! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thanks for your wonderful feedback. I am so glad that you enjoyed yourselves! Take care and hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a unique hotel and perhaps the most interesting I have stayed at. Having stayed previously was looking forward to a stay under the new management. Unfortunately there were issues. 3 of the rooms our group had the carpet felt damp or wet. The air conditioning in our room did not work and as you couldn't open a window. Even with the fan that was supplied room was hot and stuffy. We moved to a room that had working air conditioning however the mixer in the shower did not.
Ate breakfast and dinner in Dave's Milwaukee which had good food and attentive service. Drinks in the bar we're reasonably priced. Spa timer only worked in 2 minute blocks.
Bowling alley needs more shoes and bigger selection of balls. Even with these few shortcomings this is a brilliant hotel with excellent staff. Would highly recommend to anyone who is in the area or who are planning on staying in Des Moines to make the effort and visit Hotel Pattee.

Room Tip: The rooms are all themed so you should check the web site and see one that is to your fancy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
JayHartz, Owner at Hotel Pattee, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us and thanks for taking the time to write a review. I am very sorry that you experienced some issues with your guest room. It is obviously our goal to make sure that we exceed expectations of every guest. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves. Thank you again. Jay

Also consider these accommodations in or near Perry
Hotel Renovo
#3 of 8 in Clive
Baymont Inn & Suites Boone
Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center - Des Moines
Hilton Garden Inn West Des Moines
Hilton Garden Inn West Des Moine...
#1 of 22 in West Des Moines
Ramada Tropics Resort / Conference Center Des Moines

Been to Hotel Pattee? Share your experiences!