“Great Experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Perry
Reno, Nevada
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

I don't understand the negative reviews! I was just there in July for my Father's memorial service and our plane was delayed so we missed our connecting flight and arrived a day late and the owner was gracious enough not to charge us, which we really appreciated!! Our stay was very pleasant! The owner was super nice and very accommidating!! The rooms were very clean and breakfast was wonderful in the morning!! I would definately stay there again!!! Lori, Reno, NV

Room Tip: Ask for the owner
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bloomfield, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

Arrived in Perry at about 2:30p.m. No one was at the front desk and so I followed the instructions and dialed "0" on the wall phone. The owner/operator emerged from around the corner and asked if I was checking out. "No, checking in," I told him. "Check-in is at three, not two thirty," he bellowed. "You can't check in yet!" When I informed him that I was a government employee he sent someone to see if the room was 'ready'. While waiting he informed me that the hotel was non-smoking because of state law and that failure to follow their rules would result in my being arrested and ejected immediately. Cooking using a George Foreman grill would also result in ejection with no refund. When he was informed of the readiness of the room he once more iterated that check in was not until three. I made no move to leave and so he went ahead and let me in a half hour early. Awfully magnanimous of him...
The man was rude and overly offensive. There are ways of informing guests of hotel policy without threatening legal action. In the room the internet was VERY spotty with connectivity lasting usually 2-3 minutes. The air-conditioner worked the same on 'high' and 'auto' as it did on 'low', resulting in a very uncomfortable stay. In the future, if my job takes me to Perry, IA, I will drive a while and stay at another venue. Even a "no-tell motel" would be preferable to the Super 8 in Perry.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brewvet
anadi26, General Manager at Super 8 Perry IA, responded to this review, 12 August 2010
The guest was lying in review.He was here at 10.00AM and that time the room was not ready.We told him to checkin at 3.00PM.When he came at 3.00PM I was at frontdesk and checked him in.When he came in morning we were working in loundry room with sign notice on front desk.Our property is 100% non smoking and he is a smoker and didn't like our rules.The guest (he) is not government employee, he told me he works in private co.He signed only for one nite and then he extended another nite.If he didn't like our property why he extended his stay for two nites?
We are very strict on rules and some smoker doesn't like our rules and give the review.
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2009

After I signed in, I thought the rate was too high, and asked another older man how much he paid. He said he got a senior discount. The next morning I was asking the owner about an adjustment in the rate, and he got very defensive and gave me the run around. When I asked more details, he threatened to call the police and have me arrested. I will never go back there.

Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank MichiganCadguy
anadi26, Owner at Super 8 Perry IA, responded to this review, 24 September 2010
We charged the rate to guest ,whatever the rate we registered with our super8 corporation.We can't charge more than that.When he complaint old man got discount rate,we asked him to bring that old man and give the proof ,we won't charge you.(if the guest bring the old man and give the proof,we will give him free night without chrarge anything.)The guest failed to bring old man .We never charge high rate to any guest,we are in Super 8 corporation and we have to follow the rules of corporation and if the guest over charged,he can complaint to our corporation and get refund.