“Casino is a blast!”

Riverside Casino & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We did not stay in the hotel, just went to the casino and it was fun! They have lots of new machines and seem to pay out OK. Of course I won so I loved it but even people in our group who did not win want to return. Nice bar, very clean, probably nice hotel! We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lovetotravel9997
RCGR, General Manager at Riverside Casino & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for your positive comments. We are always happy to have guests from the Chicago area visit. You definitely should try out the hotel during your next visit. I would tell you to ask for a golf course view room, but all our rooms have a view of the golf course so that isn’t necessary. I will recommend that you try and make it on a concert weekend – check our website for upcoming events and book early because the hotel fills up quickly.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have stayed here numerous times...hotel rooms are 5 star! Property is very nice with a pro golf course and 3 restaurants. Casino is always very clean and event space is great. Banquets and Catering departments are excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Connie S
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The casino itself is definitely one of the better maintained gambling establishments in Iowa. The food was good, the staff was polite, and the service was good. We have been there countless times and never had a problem with anything. Although, if you plan on doing any gambling, don't bother. We average about 25 trips a year(for the last 4 years) and spent quite a bit of money. You simply do not win any money. We decided to try our luck in early of January 2014 and it was even worse yet. We left the casino and realized it wasn't so fun anymore. After we left, we decided to travel elsewhere to try and have "fun". Seeking something else!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Spent one night with the hubby for a short getaway. We have been to the casino many times but this was our first experience with the hotel. Well appointed rooms, bed was very comfortable, large flat screen TV and modern bathroom. Glass shower that looks into the 'bedroom' portion of the room. We had a room on the third floor about half way down the hall. Very nice room for the discounted price we had with a coupon my husband received. We would stay here again, it's a great little get-away. We ate at the buffet in the morning for breakfast and also in the evening for dinner. For the most part the food was great, I almost think the breakfast was a better value than dinner.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IowaFamilyof5
RCGR, General Manager at Riverside Casino & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at our resort. I may just have to agree with you about the breakfast - try a made-to-order omelet and a cinnamon roll next time!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is a very nice place to stay. Room was comfortable and top-notch. Glass shower that looks into the bed area, might be fun if traveling with my girl instead of for business. A restaurant and buffet in the hotel, I tried the restaurant and it was ok. Of course the casino is right there.

The room was booked and paid for by an associate, I'm not sure what my room cost. I have watched the website, and it looks like it largely depends on how many rooms they have left. If I could get in for $100-110 a night I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike K
RCGR, General Manager at Riverside Casino & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

On behalf of Riverside Casino & Golf Resort, I extend our sincere appreciation for your recent stay. The next time you are here, whether for business or pleasure, please try another one of our four restaurants: Ruthie’s Steak & Seafood, a modern upscale steakhouse; Ripple Diner, featuring quick café style favorites; Ripple Express, a 24 hour deli with coffee, pastries, sandwiches and more; and Robert’s Buffet, open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Don’t forget to sign up for our free player’s club—the Resort Club. This is the best path to discounted room offers, free slot play, & more.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Room was nice, clean and well maintained. I stayed four nights while on business. My only complaint would be I plugged my phone into the lamp by the nightstand the first night and turned the lights out, this also turned the outlet off so my phone did not charge over night. Stay away from Ripples when eating food is horrible. Ruthies was good and the buffet is not too bad either.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank TheBandit78
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Spent two days at this hotel/casino property recently. Very nice, comfortable hotel. I'm not a gambler so can't vouch for the casino, but husband was lucky. Had a nice dinner the first evening. Our only complaint--there was no breakfast restaurant open on the weekday we were there. Our only choices were the buffet or a pastry shop. We do not like buffets or pastries so we left and went elsewhere. I would recommend this place for a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank takeatripsoon
RCGR, General Manager at Riverside Casino & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for post about your recent visit to Riverside Casino and Golf Resort®. We were happy to hear you enjoyed your getaway and that our hotel was nice and comfy. Sorry to hear you and your husband are not breakfast buffet fans. Robert’s Buffet offers a huge variety of hot prepared items , fresh fruits, breakfast cereals and made to order eggs and omelets--all served by a very friendly and efficient staff. We certainly appreciate and understand that buffets are not for everyone, but we hope you give us a chance on your next getaway.

Dan Franz, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverside
Baymont Inn & Suites Iowa City / Coralville
#6 of 21 in Coralville
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
Sheraton Iowa City Hotel
#2 of 7 in Iowa City

Been to Riverside Casino & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!