“The England I had always wanted to visit”
Review of Hope Cottage Tours

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brightwell-cum-Sotwell
Hope Cottage Tours
Cambrils, Spain
“The England I had always wanted to visit”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I am happy to hear Hope Cottage Tours are back!!! Our trip was in June 2005, we wanted to visit the English countryside to see typical english gardens in bloom, ancient houses and historic cities... and thanks to Sue our trip was absolutely wonderful!!! Totally made to measure, taking into account our personal interests. We stayed 5 days in this lovely cottage, eating delicious food, and guided by Sue who knows everything! It was the cutest trip I have ever made. I really hope to come back with my children soon!!! :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
SueRob7, Owner at Hope Cottage Tours, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
Thank you so much, we really enjoyed your visit too and I am really looking forward to meeting your children. I better start practising my Spanish.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 February 2013

My experience at Hope Cottage Tours was one of the top highlights of my vacation (the other being Paris, so that should tell you something!). Sue could not have been warmer or more gracious, and from the first moment I felt like my happiness was her number one priority.

The cottage is beautifully cozy, with a gorgeous big kitchen where something delicious is always happening, a conservatory that makes it possible to eat all these wonderful meals with a lovely view of the gardens and meadows whether it be rain or shine, and the garden itself with so many little treasures tucked around every corner, including Sue's egg-laying chickens, one of which I made personal friends with I'm proud to say.

I won't go into too much detail but I'd like to stress that I'm a bit of a foodie - and Sue knocked my socks off! Her perfectly balanced touch to every meal gave Paris a run for its money I'll tell you what. And so very generous with variety and choices, as well as dealing wonderfully with my various weird food allergies.

Sue gladly drove us to many lovely sites and wonderful little towns, ancient churches, lavender fields, wherever we wanted to go. The entire area is picturesquely beautiful, and there are so many things to see and fun places to shop. The best part for me though was the relaxing atmosphere of the cottage itself. By the way, I found it laden with all the amenities I could think of, plus a few that'd never crossed my mind but was extremely thankful for (Towel-warming rack after a shower on a cold morning? Thank you very much indeed!).

In retrospect, if I knew then what I know now, I really think I may have forgone London to have a few extra days at Hope Cottage. I left rejuvenated, inspired, and very, very happy. Don't miss out, Sue is the absolute BEST.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
SueRob7, Owner at Hope Cottage Tours, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Thank you so much for such a lovely review, We really enjoyed your stay too, you chose all the best places to visit. Maybe you can come back sometime now we are up and running again.
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 11 February 2013

My husband and I were thrilled to learn that Sue Robson of Hope Cottage Tours is resuming her business after a few years running the local pub. Our trip with her in 2006 was a never to be forgotten joy from start to finish. If you want to see the English countryside, old castles, steam railways and so much more, without having to drive or take a bus, AND come home at night to a lovely meal and a great bedroom, look no further!

Room Tip: Talk to Sue about staying in your own little cottage room connected to the solarium. We loved it.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
SueRob7, Owner at Hope Cottage Tours, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Thank you so much, we are very excited about it too and delighted to hear you may be back this year.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 February 2013

If you are looking for a complete, stress free, exceptional vacation do what I did and let Sue at Hope Cottage Tours whisk you away from it all. This woman is a marvel at providing the most sumptuous meals, homey accommodations, tours personalized just for you and she does it all with such ease. Once you've tried this one, you'll want to return again and again...just like I have. You will not be disappointed! Sincerely, Donna from Cape Cod, Massachusetts

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
SueRob7, Owner at Hope Cottage Tours, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Thank you, it's always great to see you, It's amazing you haven't run out of places you want to visit yet, looking forward to seeing you this summer.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brightwell-cum-Sotwell
George Hotel
#1 of 2 in Dorchester-on-Thames
Little Gables Bed and Breakfast
Little Gables Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 1 in Crowmarsh Gifford

Been to Hope Cottage Tours? Share your experiences!