“Nice stay!”
Review of Sac City Motel

Sac City Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sac City
Sac City Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sac City
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Great price and very nice workers! Will stay again. For a small town motel these try hard for their customers. We stay on two different occasions both times very great service. Could use a little updating but think they do a lot with a small budget.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 17 October 2011

Nice little motel. Rooms we got were on the small side,but clean and comfortable. Front desk staff very friendly & helpful. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Debbie85816
Reviewed 29 December 2009

I had seen the motel on my way through town, and it looked like a nice place. I stopped back there on my way out west for the weekend. The owner was very friendly, and obviously proud of his little place. Most of it dates from the '50s, and one wing is from the '70s. I lucked into the last room in the '50s portion. The price was hard to beat, about $40 with tax. The room was not huge, but decently sized. The heat worked well, which I really needed. The bed was comfortable, and had a nice quilt. I had a fridge and microwave in my room. The bathroom was clean, and had an awesome green tile shower with original fixtures. The motel is set back about half a block from US 20, so the night was quiet. There is free coffee in the morning, and they offer a laundry service.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank roadtripperMaryland
Reviewed 27 July 2009

This motel is located near the east end of Sac City, Iowa, just off the highway. It's quiet, with a very friendly family running the show. Our room was small, but we didn't need a lot of space. The room was clearly smoke-free, which is important to me, and it was very clean. Check-in and check-out were fast and efficient. I especially liked all the doo-dads with the name of the motel on them: combs, calendars, back-scratchers, etc. The place was comfortable, casual, and very nice.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank westerndriver
Reviewed 15 September 2008

The Sac City Motel is owner operated. Sky, the owner, was friendly and very helpful. They don't serve breakfast here, but you can afford to go out for breakfast after staying at this motel. We found our room to be clean and quiet. We never heard a peep out of our neighbors, and the motel was full. The room we stayed in was not very large but came with a microwave, refrigerator, desk, cordless telephone, and cable TV. The decor of each room gives it a folksy feel. There is nothing fancy about this motel, but it's a clean, comfortable place to get a good night's sleep at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank nickels_worth
Reviewed 5 July 2005

This motel was fantastic...the rates were beyond reasonable. This motel had a home feel to it. There is a microwave, fridge, phone, tv with cable all included! We had to go up for a funeral nearby and this was the only motel around. He even has a set up for Hunter's for cleaning and a place for their dogs!

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank italnbull

Been to Sac City Motel? Share your experiences!