“Wedding Party”

Holiday Inn Express Sioux Center
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sioux Center
Reviewed 12 September 2013

i booked 7 rooms for myself and my wedding party. The front desk associate was extremely friendly and volunteered to place the gift baskets for my wedding party in their rooms. Since I was the groom and have platinum elite status, she upgraded my room. The room had a jacuzzi tub next to the bed. It was awesome. The room was spotless and very well lit. In the afternoon they had Almond patties at the front desk. It was one of the best Holiday Inn Express hotels that I've stayed in. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorme J
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Sioux Center

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Hotel provides quality service. Staff is very friendly, check-ins are quick, and rooms are very clean. Hotel also ensures a peaceful stay and does not have tolerate any disruptive behavior there. The breakfast is not the strongest, but at least the hotel provides free continental breakfast and all-day coffee. Pool area is spacious enough for several people and kids to enjoy. Hotel is also convenient to Highway 75, so one can have easy access to interstate highways to get to Sioux Center, Sioux Falls, Omaha, or Sioux City.

Room Tip: For a few dollars more, I would get the suite, as it allows more space for family or friends to rela...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2013

A bit pricey, but rooms were clean and staff friendly. The hot breakfast options in the morning were amazing. Never have I had sausage, biscuits, and gravy at a hotel that doesn't have a restaurant! Beds were really comfy and the outside area around hotel quiet with pretty view of the golf course. Minus--never could connect to the free WiFi (could have been the user, LOL). Oh, and no fridge.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator! Very noisy...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Although the price seemed a little high (group reservation for wedding) the hotel is new and very clean. Very courteous staff at the front desk both at the check-in and during the evening. They serve a hot continental breakfast which was very good too!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I spent a week at this hotel and had no major issues during my stay. The hotel is fairly new and everything about it is clean. My room was spacious and the only item missing was a refrigerator but I do know how to use the sink as a cooler. The wifi worked every time I needed to connect and the continental breakfast was average for the offerings, but very clean and well kept. About the only thing that irked me was that I requested that my room not be cleaned every day since I don't make a mess and don't need new towels and sheets every day since that's a waste of energy and someone's time; but yet one day when I returned early from business I found one of the staff in my room making the bed and taking my towels. I did try to emphasize my request but there was a language barrier so I just let it be since I would rather stay at a hotel that is eager to replace my towels and sheets as opposed to one that takes no interest in cleanliness.
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in NW Iowa but the only downside is that there is nothing within walking distance. I do like to go for a walk once business is complete to find a local establishment where I can enjoy an adult beverage. Unfortunately here in Sioux Center I was grabbing cold ones from my bathroom sink.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a business trip in February 2013. Upon checking in, they had lost my reservation, even though it had been verified the day before. The front desk person figured it out and upgraded me to a suite because of how long I had to wait for them to figure out the reservation issue. The room was very nice and clean. However, there was a smoke detector or carbon monoxide tester that went off all night due to battery issues. I was so tired from traveling that I did not ask for it to be fixed. This was my fault, not the hotel's. I am just surprised it was not fixed at cleaning time. The breakfast was good and satisfying. No complaints. The biscuits and gray were good, but it wasn't hot. All of the workers are friendly and try to please their customers.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We were in town for the State Hockey Tournament - the hotel was very accommodating. Very comfy beds, very clean and the breakfast was wonderful - my only suggestion would be to serve the breakfast a little later on Sunday morning - like until 10 or 10:30. The stay still rates Excellent!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Le Mars
Amber Inn Motel Le Mars
Amber Inn Motel Le Mars
#3 of 4 in Le Mars

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sioux Center? Share your experiences!