“Sioux Center, Ia. Econo Lodge”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sioux Center
Vacaville, California
“Sioux Center, Ia. Econo Lodge”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My cousin and I stayed here 4 nights while visiting family and attending the tulip festival in nearby Orange City. Overall, we had great service and the receptionists were very helpful. The amenities were good; however our room lacked a microwave oven and refrigerator (don't know if any of the rooms have these). We enjoyed the continental breakfast, although they could have more tables and chairs set up - twice we took our breakfast back to our room due to lack of space.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
KC
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This hotel is in a small town in north western Iowa - with not a lot of choices in town. I have to say - this is one of the cleanest hotels I stay in. And I stay in hotels nearly 100 nights per year. The clerks at the front desk are sweet and remember me when I come in. (I have been staying there a few time per year for 7 years)
A Holiday Inn Express opened a few years back - but the Econo Lodge is the place for me in Sioux Center!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KcKansas
Palisade, Colorado
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Like most businesses in this Dutch part of Iowa, everything was clean and efficient. Staff was friendly, everything in the room worked, the breakfast was complete, satisfying. Our family was able to get two tables together and talk for nearly an hour over breakfast, with the only interruptions being staff asking if we'd like more coffee and a wonderful talkative guest who added some color and joy to our day. A large group of well-behaved hunters left the hotel very early in the morning, so even at 7 am we were late starters.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Grimes, Iowa
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Very clean, breakfast in the morning was good - waffles, eggs & sausage and other items. It was quiet- it was very reasonable for the price. Beds were comfortable and it was close to Dordt college which is why I was there.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dubuque, IA
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Sioux Center has a limited number of Motels available. The Econo Lodge was $67.00 OK for the location. The room had a little smell to it. The recliner was in rough shape. Ready for the heap.
I would stay here for the price only. I would not bring my wife and stay on a family vacation. The room was clean of dirt and the flat screen was nice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Rockford, Michigan
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This place is well worth the money. Half the price of the Holiday Inn. They offer a breakfast in the morning. We stayed here 6 years ago, and they have made a lot improvements. Very good stay here.
This is a good value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Redlands, California
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I spent 3 nights in this motel while back for a 50th HS Reunion late in July. (We had stayed there for a couple of nights in 2005, and based on that experience I booked this stay.) First of all the owners greeted me with Iowa friendliness and let me come in early. Then they gave me the room on the far end, top floor which was very quiet and I appreciated that. The room was spotless, the bed was comfortable, and everything worked great (except for a burned out bulb which they replaced in minutes after calling the desk).
They gave me good advice on eating (try Casey's Bakery if you're in town) and answered all other questions positively. They had a copy of the Sioux City Joural available for all guests early in the morning.
These people made a great statement for Econo Lodge.

Room Tip: I think, perhaps, that all their rooms are fine.