“Worth the price...”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Worth the price...”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

It's a Hilton, which brings certain expectations. In many ways the facility is just fine, and we will return here again. The room was clean, the beds comfortable, and the building was quiet. The WiFi worked well, but the AC was a bit noisy. The pool area was a mix - nice sauna and hot tub, but the pool was cold. There is a small wading school for little children, but that too was rather cool. The building layout is somewhat sprawling, but manageable.

If there is a disappointment its that it is a Hilton, but doesn't seem quite up to what I would expect a Hilton to be. Really, its a lot like a Courtyard, or even a good Best Western or Comfort Inn. Not at all bad (we like those), but not what we expect from a Hilton. On the other hand, its not priced like I'd expect a Hilton, so overall its a good value - just don't expect the absolute top end accommodations.

One other note - you can book a room with a river view (we did not), but that may or may not be worth the money. The river is not particularly picturesque at this spot, but there do appear to be outdoor balconies, at least on the 2nd and 3rd floors, so that might be worth the price.

Overall a good stay, worth the price. We recommend the Hilton; just remember what you are paying, and adjust your expectations a bit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Stephen W, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for spending your time to give us a straight and detailed feedback.

The satisfaction of our guests has highest priority. We express regret for the temperature of the pool during your stay. We want to apologize for the inconvenience you had with the air-conditioning.

We make an effort to offer our guests an excellent service at the Hilton Garden Inn. We are glad to know that you were overall pleased with your stay and look forward to having you back with us in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I am just finishing up a 3-day conference being held at the Hilton Garden Inn and have appreciated everything related to our time here. I am from the area and will say that the HGI is one of Sioux City's Top 3 places to stay. First of all, it has an excellent location just off I-29 and very close to the Iowa/South Dakota border. Across the river is Nebraska. The bulk of our conference has been held in a large room with a fantastic river view.
Part of our conference has involved a full breakfast and lunch buffet. Each time we've eaten, the employees have kept the food area clean and replenished. We've noted employees everywhere. They have been by the tables to clear plates and utensils within moments of people finishing food. Not only have I noted them stopping by frequently, they do not seem to mind being there. That's a true plus.
There are several restroom options and each time I've used them, they've been spotless.
I took a break in the front desk lobby and found the clerk there to be extremely friendly even though she was required to multi-task at the time. While I was there, she was the only desk person. Several groups were checking in and other people there were wanting to purchase drinks from the large snack area. She handled it very well. I only wish I'd taken the time to note her name so I could include it here.
My only negative comment would relate to the grounds, at least for this particular experience. The flower beds could use a good weeding as thistles and other weeds are plentiful detracting from the beauty of the setting. This isn't a huge deal. It's just something I noted.
I would recommend The HGI if you are planning any sort of event. I believe you will be well taken care of. We sure have been.
If you have a choice for a room, you are going to want one facing the Missouri River and perhaps a room on an upper floor to maximize your view. You will not be disappointed. Rooms on the other side will get you a view of a parking lot, Interstate 29, and a man-made pond.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the Missouri River. You will be able to catch the sunrise and sunset, and boate...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank IowaLakeGirl78
Jonni Jean E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
I am happy to see that the conference you were here with was successful, and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review, and such a great one at that. We truly appreciate it. Thanks again, and see you next time.
Kansas City Missouri
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We've stayed at he Garden Inn in south Sioux Falls, and were quite happy, but they were full. So, downtown got our business. Our next trip will probably find us saying in this more modern hotel. It's closer to our relatives, and good food.

Room Tip: Ask for a "river view" room. It's a better view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for such a great review! I am happy that you enjoyed yourselves while staying at our property, and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Take care!
ALBANY
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel seemed geared toward business travelers, conference attendees and social gatherings. The rooms were clean and comfortable except the air conditioner shut itself off during the night and it got hot and uncomfortable. There is plenty of free parking and complimentary coffee in the reception area in the morning. Front desk staff are excellent, but if you want a nice meal, drive to Minerva's - a great restaurant in town - skip Bev's on the River where we were ignored, received no service, and eventually left.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jonni Jean E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for such a great review of our HGI. We are happy to see that things went well for you while staying with us. I do apologize however, for the issues with our restaurant. I will forward your review onto the proper individuals for them to review. Bev's has exceptional food, and rarely do we hear of service issues. I feel badly that you were unable to experience what they have to offer. Next time you are in town let me know and I will provide dinner for you and your spouse. Thanks again for taking the time to review our facility, and we hope to see you again soon!
Chesterfield, Missouri
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The first room we were sent to was not vacuumed, we lugged our luggage back down stairs and got another room. We were compensated with free breakfast for 2 in the hotel lobby. When we got up to our next room the keys did not work and I went back downstairs to get the keys rekeyed. After traveling all day I was tired! I would have given this hotel 5 stars if the first room was cleaned properly and the keys worked. I have no issue paying $10 for breakfast if when I arrive, tired and worn out the checkin is smooth.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
I do apolgize for the cleanliness issues, along with the malfunctioning of your keys. We will address these things in our next meeting. I thank you for taking the time to bring it to our attention, and want to Thank you for still giving us a good review. We will work to make those things better so that the next time you stay with us you won't run into these problems again. Thanks again, and take care.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location in Sioux City, right on the river and easy access to the interstate. I would imagine this is one of the nicest hotels in Sioux City. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the bar/restaurant was great! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Sioux City.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the great review!! We take pride in our Missouri River views and are happy that you were able to enjoy them while staying with us. Thanks again & see you again soon!
Sioux City, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn for one night and really enjoyed the experience. The accommodations were exceptional. The room furnishings, bed, and shower, were all of a higher quality given the price of this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the great review!! We appreciate that you chose to stay with us while in Sioux City, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again, and take care!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sioux City
Holiday Inn Sioux City
Holiday Inn Sioux City
#12 of 19 in Sioux City
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Ce...
#1 of 6 in South Sioux City

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront? Share your experiences!