“Very Nice Hotel”

Holiday Inn Sioux City
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel while we were in town for a concert. By the looks of the outside of the building I thought it would be dated inside, but to my surprise it was very nice and updated throughout. We had a king room, small but nice. I guess how much room do you need in a hotel room for one night, it was nice and clean and the decor was updated in warm colors. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Sioux City

Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

This Holiday Inn was a experience I could have gone my entire life never having.
I practically live in IHG properties and this place is the worst I have ever seen.
When I see the other reviews I thought maybe I was in the wrong place. Newer remodeled? Where?
Until I saw the review about the unusual amount of people walking or hanging around outside.
I checked in and checked out after walking to room.
I have never had to do that at a IHG property.
The front desk clerk was pretty nice and was very professional.
You are told to pull around to the back of the other building and come in door B. Go inside that door and there is another door keyed. Another door beyond that looks a back room storage door, Do you open that? Or is one of these guys waiting to rob you in the staircase ?
The neighborhood behind the hotel looks shady.
Very poor lightning and security.
You can not put a flat screen TV in the 20 year old cabinet and call it a remodel.
The furniture was old and had room had smell.
They had wash clothes holding open the hallway doors.
The rate is 109 and thats about 79 to much.
It should be a choice brand low ender 39 dollar property and I'm being nice.
Shame on IHG for allowing this.
I am traveling and tired, we expect IHG standards with the brand.
The lack of brand compliance is a joke.
I actually found a brand new competitor location down the street. Same price

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Travel46804
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Travel46804,

Thank you for your business and your review. We take all comments seriously and value the chance to make improvements where possible.

I am concerned to read that your experience was not what you expected and that there were several factors that impacted your visit. I humbly apologize for you did not find our hotel to your liking and most of the amenities were a let down. At the same time, I am truly sorry that we failed to at least meet or exceed your expectations. We deeply regret that you stay was not ideal and that you left us with such a bad impression of our hotel.

It is only through valuable feedback we receive from our valued customers that we would be in a position to know where we go wrong and rectify the circumstances or incidents, in order to ensure that we do not repeat the same in the future. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 September 2013

The meet and greet with Heather was like meeting an old friend. She is very bubbly and personable. The room was very clean. Breakfast was fantastic! Food temperature was great. I was happy to see the amount of fruit that was offered. The hostess Leah made sure my coffee cup was full.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The staff was what made this stay extra good, because the hotel is your standard Holiday Inn hotel. They were quite friendly and helpful and willing to go the extra mile. The rooms are fine, nothing wrong with them, clean and comfortable, but nothing special. I had absolutely no issues with my stay and would recommend anyone to stay here, as long as the price is right. The only thing I do not like about Holiday Inns is that they do not offer a breakfast. This is true of all Holiday Inns though, and I just don't think they offer anything extra special that an Express wouldn't offer. Maybe a bar and restaurant attached.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

We have stated at many a hotel for work but the staff at this hotel are the BEST! Everyone...from the front desk to the bartenders to the restaurant staff, etc are so friendly and make staying here a great experience!

Rooms are clean and comfortable. There are restaurants nearby... But why bother going anywhere else. The hotel has a restaurant and bar on site that have great food. They have a breakfast and lunch buffet and we thought both were great. Not to mention the prices are reasonable.

The pool area is nice. Have a whirlpool and sauna as well. Fitness center is ok. Have on-site laundry and room service!

We will definitely make this hotel our destination any time we are in Sioux City.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

If you have stayed at orher traditional H.I.s you know what I mean. This is an older property that has gone through some upgrades which have made it nice and farely well updated. They are nice rooms, bathrooms are okay, and HVAC can be a little noisy. Location is nice for the central business district in Sioux City. Plenty of restuarants close by plus one on location which is okay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Close to downtown and the Casino. Room was spacious, clean and very comfortable (newly renovated I believe). Friendly staff and hardworking housekeeper. Indoor pool which is good for the other nine months.

Room Tip: I think that all the rooms are newly renovated. Check out the old Holiday Inn black and white photos...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
#4 of 19 in Sioux City
Hampton Inn & Suites Sioux City South
Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Ce...
#1 of 6 in South Sioux City

Been to Holiday Inn Sioux City? Share your experiences!