“Great facility”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great facility”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The facility was very nice. I made use of the hot tub and sauna.

The location was very convenient to downtown. It's right off the freeway. There are restaurants close by. Charlie's is right in the hotel along with a bar. The hotel offered two drink coupons for the bar for each night I stayed along with a reusable discount coupon for Charlie's.The hotel is located between the IHOP and Chili's. There's a coffee shop next to the Chili's. The arena is within walking distance along with a Walgreen's, Burger King,and Post Office.There is a large movie theater just a few blocks away.

The room was clean and pleasant. I heard water in the pipes on occassion, but overall it was a quiet room. I was on the first floor on the front side.

The hotel offers a washer and dryer on the first floor that appeared to be free.

There was no free breakfast, but Charlie's serves breakfast, IHOP is next door, and Burger King is nearby.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Brookfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stay in IHG properties almost exclusively. In this hotel we stayed in a whirlpool suite on the 6th floor. The problem with a room that has a whirlpool in the 'living room' is that they then shrink the bathroom, off of the bedroom, down to the size of a small closet. It was very difficult to turn around in the bathroom. The toilet paper was mounted over your left shoulder. The rest of the room layout is awkward as well. There too was dust so thick on the TV/TV stand/bedside table that you could write your name in it. Very disappointing for this hotel chain. The restaurant breakfast buffet was nice and included hot and cold selections for a decent price. Price of room was OK for what we got in return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Martha L
Juneau
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The king bed took up almost the whole room. Bathroom was so small that there was no tub....one would not have fit. Very tight with no room for suitcases. Amenities were fine, pool and bar were fine, attached restaurant was fine, but not worth the price of the hotel. Been on the road for the past 2 weeks and this was disappointing. Bid through Priceline and still didn't feel value was there. Sad for Sioux City.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Reno60
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Reno60,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sibley, Iowa
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel while we were in town for a concert. By the looks of the outside of the building I thought it would be dated inside, but to my surprise it was very nice and updated throughout. We had a king room, small but nice. I guess how much room do you need in a hotel room for one night, it was nice and clean and the decor was updated in warm colors. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

This Holiday Inn was a experience I could have gone my entire life never having.
I practically live in IHG properties and this place is the worst I have ever seen.
When I see the other reviews I thought maybe I was in the wrong place. Newer remodeled? Where?
Until I saw the review about the unusual amount of people walking or hanging around outside.
I checked in and checked out after walking to room.
I have never had to do that at a IHG property.
The front desk clerk was pretty nice and was very professional.
You are told to pull around to the back of the other building and come in door B. Go inside that door and there is another door keyed. Another door beyond that looks a back room storage door, Do you open that? Or is one of these guys waiting to rob you in the staircase ?
The neighborhood behind the hotel looks shady.
Very poor lightning and security.
You can not put a flat screen TV in the 20 year old cabinet and call it a remodel.
The furniture was old and had room had smell.
They had wash clothes holding open the hallway doors.
The rate is 109 and thats about 79 to much.
It should be a choice brand low ender 39 dollar property and I'm being nice.
Shame on IHG for allowing this.
I am traveling and tired, we expect IHG standards with the brand.
The lack of brand compliance is a joke.
I actually found a brand new competitor location down the street. Same price

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Travel46804
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Travel46804,

Thank you for your business and your review. We take all comments seriously and value the chance to make improvements where possible.

I am concerned to read that your experience was not what you expected and that there were several factors that impacted your visit. I humbly apologize for you did not find our hotel to your liking and most of the amenities were a let down. At the same time, I am truly sorry that we failed to at least meet or exceed your expectations. We deeply regret that you stay was not ideal and that you left us with such a bad impression of our hotel.

It is only through valuable feedback we receive from our valued customers that we would be in a position to know where we go wrong and rectify the circumstances or incidents, in order to ensure that we do not repeat the same in the future. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The meet and greet with Heather was like meeting an old friend. She is very bubbly and personable. The room was very clean. Breakfast was fantastic! Food temperature was great. I was happy to see the amount of fruit that was offered. The hostess Leah made sure my coffee cup was full.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The staff was what made this stay extra good, because the hotel is your standard Holiday Inn hotel. They were quite friendly and helpful and willing to go the extra mile. The rooms are fine, nothing wrong with them, clean and comfortable, but nothing special. I had absolutely no issues with my stay and would recommend anyone to stay here, as long as the price is right. The only thing I do not like about Holiday Inns is that they do not offer a breakfast. This is true of all Holiday Inns though, and I just don't think they offer anything extra special that an Express wouldn't offer. Maybe a bar and restaurant attached.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Hard Rock Hotel Sioux City
#4 of 19 in Sioux City
Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Ce...
#1 of 6 in South Sioux City

Been to Holiday Inn Sioux City? Share your experiences!