“Comfortable”

Holiday Inn Sioux City
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The check in was quick and they got us in a room where we requested. The beds were exceptionally comfortable. In particular, we enjoyed the buffet breakfast that had two meats instead of the usual one, and the scrambled eggs were part of an egg bake that was delicious. The location was just a few blocks from downtown and the new Hard Rock casino, which we also enjoyed.

Room Tip: I always speak politely to the check in staff and 9 out of 10 times they are happy to accommodate me...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here on our way home from a trip out west simply as a stopover on our long drive home. Despite it being a Holiday Inn, the best word I can find to describe it is SKETCHY. The room was musty and smelled like a dirty cat when we walked in. The doors all have both a regular door handle lock and security lock PLUS a deadbolt. What does that tell you? To top things off, the outside door was accessible without a room key, adding to my concern about safety.

We moved our car from the back to the front where it would be visible to the front desk staff, not because we thought that they would keep an eye on it but because it seemed like a better bet than in the back where we couldn't see it. Unlike a different review, I didn't see any homeless people, but there were enough rough looking clientele smoking outside the back door that I didn't want it back there overnight without being able to check on it.

If I didn't have my two kids who are on the edge of a meltdown after a ton of driving, I would put my bags back in the car and go find a different hotel. Not a good choice for a family vacation stopover.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Amanda C,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel was situated only 4-1/2 blocks from the Orpheum Theater, Sioux City, which was perfect for walking home at the event we attended. Pre and post-show we frequented the small, but welcoming bar, even partaking in appetizers that we ordered from the bartender. The front staff was friendly and the concierge attendant/shuttle driver was very responsive to our requests. Definitely would stay here again. Only con was the current highway construction outside the hotel with detours.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I spent one night here while traveling home from a vacation to the Badlands/Black Hills area. We spotted it from I-29. However, getting there was a bit of a hassle due to road construction in front of the hotel and the downtown area. The price seemed reasonable at $94, especially since we'd been driving all day and were worn out. The room was very spacious, clean, and comfortable. I'd like to say the room was quiet, but it wasn't due to the road construction and the fact that workers didn't stop working until 10:30 pm! If it hadn't been for the loud AC running as "white noise" all night, we would have been really annoyed and probably would have asked to be moved to a different room. The beds were comfortable and we slept well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel if the road construction is still going on in front.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stay at Ihg hotels exclusively and found this hotel to be average. My first impression was less than adequate because there is not a lot of baggage carts available. I was told that there is one at each entrance, but ie had to go too three to find one. There were not many people checking in at the time I was checking in sho I find this a little unacceptable. The hallways seemed narrower than others so this have me the impression of an older hotel. I do agree with the other comment about parking in the rear. I initially parked here, but after looking around I felt that moving to the front might be a wiser choice.

The room was a pleasant surprise. It was clean and well taken care of. The bathroom is small, but adequate for a single night stay. The bathroom fixtures looked nearly new and the room itself was clean.

The staff was friendly and made sure I felt welcome.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Jim D,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I appreciate your positive feedback about our clean rooms and friendly staff. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during check in. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for your next visit.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I got one of the last rooms available for this past weekends Awesome Biker Nights fundraiser. I knew it was going to be a little pricey just because it was a Holiday Inn but when we heard it was the Jacuzzi suite, I knew it was going to hurt my pocket book. Our room was on the top floor and was basically a small sitting room with a couch and chair plus a "SMALL" jacuzzi tub in one room and the basic king bedroom/bath in the other. The room was nice (not sure $200+ each night with taxes) and was fairly updated, my only complaint would be that the bathroom is really small. The staff was friendly and helpful and overall the facility is nice and pretty well kept up. We had friends in the building and everyone seemed satisfied with their rooms. I would stay here again but in a regular room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cancunkids
gnpappas, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you Cancun Kids for your kid review of our hotel. I hope you enjoyed the res for your trip to Sioux City and had a good time at Awesome Biker Nights. I know we enjoyed having all the Bikers here in Sioux City. Hope you took advantage of our tent we provided for keeping those bike dry. We will look forward to next year.

Best Regards

George N. Pappas

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Other than the local road construction, the stay at the is Holiday Inn was what I would expect. The room was well appointed, the facilities well kept and attractive and the restaurant better than most hotel based restaurants. Our first room did have a broken air conditioner. We were moved to another room with bell assistance and offered a free breakfast for our troubles. Nice service recovery. Exactly what I would expect.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
gnpappas, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

We appreciate your gracious comments and for taking time from your day to tell us about your stay. We appreciated your business and enjoyed having you as our guest. I was glad to hear that we were able to resolve the problem with your air conditioner by moving you to another room and providing you free breakfast. Thank you again for your time and comments.

Best Regards