“Comfy beds; spacious rooms”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Yankton, South Dakota
“Comfy beds; spacious rooms”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We had a room with a hot tub and couldn't believe how big & spacious the room was! There was plenty of room to move around in, a walk-in shower, a big enough for two whirlpool in the living room, and the stuffed chair & footstool were so comfy I ended up napping in it for a couple of hours. The king-size bed was so comfortable and there were plenty of comfy pillows too. The bedding wasn't worn & frayed like at most places, and the log-cabin decor was so cute and a refreshing change from the typical hotel atmosphere. It was cheap to stay here, yet we were impressed by what a quality hotel this was that we will definetly stay again. LOVED it.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Iowa
Reviewed 8 February 2013

We stayed at the Stoney Creek in February 5-6, 2013 and were extremely impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel, and the friendliness of the staff. We attended the Loverboy/Pat Benatar/Journey concert while staying there, which was conveniently located right next door at the Tyson Event Center. Some friends met us at the hotel and the four of them were also quite impressed with it. It worked out perfectly as we were able to walk the very short distance to and from the concert, and also for us to eat at Famous Dave's which was located right across the hotel parking lot. We did not eat at the hotel so I cannot comment on the quality of their food, but I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a nice place to stay in Sioux City.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor, north side, which would be the opposite side of the Tyson Event Center, so...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I recently spent two nights at the Stoney Creek Inn for a business conference at the hotel, and I really enjoyed both my room and the conference facilities we rented. The room was very clean and comfortable, although it was a little drafty (very cold outside at the time). I just kicked the heat up though, and it was just fine.

The conference room was set up exactly as I'd requested, and Wendy, the attendant for our room, made sure we had plenty of coffee and water available, and completely refreshed the room for us between sessions. Wendy really went out of her way to help us out, always with a smile. I hope that the management realizes what a valuable resource they have in her.

We'll definitely be back soon for another event at the Stoney Creek Inn.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Lawrence
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We traveled to Sioux City for a concert at the Tyson Event Center (next door to hotel). Had a great experience at this hotel. Comfortable room, fun pool area, and a great breakfast. Will definitely return here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Omaha, NE
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My family and I stayed at the Stoney Creek Inn this weekend in Sioux City. We would definitely stay here again. The location was great and easy to fnid, right off the interstate, and close to several restaurants and the Tyson Center. The rooms were clean and comfy. The decor of the entire place is very neat. The beds were comfy. We didn't go to the pub, as we had our toddler with us and I am pregnant, but it seemed very nice from the outside. :) The breakfast was great in the morning and the maid was constantly cleaning tables and the countertop the entire time we were in there. My only complaint was that the pool was a little cold, but most hotel pools are.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I live in Sioux City and went to a family holiday gathering at Stoney Creek on Christmas Day. We were in one of the suites on the top floor. When I walked in to the lobby, I spent a bit of time in the large commons area. This area felt like a northwoods lodge and it was a little hard to pull myself away.
Once in the suite, the good feeling continued. Our room had the feel of a lodge retreat. There was a bar area with microwave, refrigerator, and sink. Our living area had a couch, several chairs, a fireplace, and full length mirror all done in lodge decor. Off the living area was an area made to resemble a 4-seasons porch. There were Adirondack-style chairs here. This area of Sioux City doesn't offer the greatest views but it was still nice sitting in the porch area. I did not really notice if the river could be seen from here.
The bedroom had a gigantic bed and large bathroom with a spa tub. One negative I would mention is that if someone was in the bedroom, others have to walk through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. It wasn't a problem at all for us but might be an issue for some.
We had our holiday meal in a common area downstairs. Because it was Christmas Day, the hotel was not busy at all and it felt as if we had the entire place to ourselves.
There is a small gift shop shop with lodge-type items as well as a variety of sweatshirts and t-shirts advertising the establishment. There is a pub off the main common area but it did not appear to be open. I talked to the front-desk clerk for a short time. He was incredibly friendly.
I would say the Stoney Creek in is probably a person's best bet for a stay in Sioux City. The suite we had felt so nice, I believe a person would actually feel at home if they wanted to live there.

Room Tip: Suites are worth the price. On ratings above, ignore the last 2. There is not a restaurant and I c...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Tea, South Dakota
Reviewed 9 January 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight on Jan. 5th visiting friends. The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable. We watched the Vikings game with some friends in the lounge and were impressed with the size. We never heard or awakened from the traffic in the halls or from the next rooms. My wife did comment that it would have been nice to have a full length mirror in the room when she was getting ready for the evening.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Holiday Inn Sioux City
#13 of 19 in Sioux City
Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Marina Inn Hotel & Conference Ce...
#1 of 6 in South Sioux City

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City? Share your experiences!