“Two Day Business Trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Denver, Colorado
“Two Day Business Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I needed a hotel in Sioux City for a two day business trip. The Stony Creek Hotel was a perfect match. I could walk downtown for my meetings yet it was convenient to Interstate 29. The hotel appears to be new (about 5 years old) and it is clean and well appointed in a rustic theme. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only drawbacks were (1) there is a lot of road and redevelopment construction in the neighborhood that made driving difficult for a non-native and (2) the railroad track is right behind the hotel and trains pass through at night. I would stay at the Stony Creek Hotel again. It does have a breakfast buffet.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Minneapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stoney Creek is an extremely nice hotel just at the edge of downtown Sioux City. It appears to have been built recently because the entire facility looks clean, un-worn, and totally up to date. The atmosphere is "urban rustic" -- lots of stone and "nature," right down to the fake log toilet paper holders. It sounds tacky, but it really isn't. The room is moderately sized and features both a small refrigerator and a microwave -- both welcome additions. Bed is comfortable, and the hotel is generally quiet...except for a curious low rumble that's especially noticeable at night. Based on the fact that it pulses irregularly, my guess is that it's some sort of sympathetic vibration coming from the cooling system on the roof or some other large equipment in the courtyard, which my room looked out on. I searched my entire room and determined the rumble was coming from somewhere outside, Again, it's not noticeable, except when you're a light sleeper and lying in bed, in the dark, wondering what that low rumble is. All in all, I had a nice stay and would recommend the place in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT on the courtyard -- I can't guarantee you won't hear the rumble, but you...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BigG-28
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed at this place again last night. Had been a year or so since my last visit. Wanted to review it again.

Check in was a breeze. Ladies at front desk were very courteous and helpful.

Room was spotless and well furnished. I'm not really into the rustic lodge feel but it works here.

Lots of decent places to eat close by. Location is perfect. Right off of interstate but far enough so that noise isn't a factor.

My only "complaint" if you can even call it that...

I checked out very early so that I could get to omaha to catch a flight home. As I was coming off the elevator, the front desk guy was going outside for a smoke. He pretty much ignored me until I went outside to get him.

Maybe he didn't see me. I don't know. Would it make me avoid this place in the future? Absolutely not. My favorite place to stay when in Sioux City. I'll be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was matron of honor in a wedding and the reception was held here. It was a great facility for an event, very accommodating. I was so busy at the reception with various duties that the only thing I really did in the hotel was sleep!! But the little time I did spend looking around, it was really cool. The room was fabulous. Probably the most spacious hotel room I have ever been in, and it wasn't for lack of furniture (upright chair, large footrest, desk and chair, dresser, tv, king bed, two bedside tables - nothing was missing!). The bathroom was large with an equally large shower. About the only thing I didn't like was the sink was outside of the bathroom (and not around a corner/wall from the sleeping area), normally this is great but at night when I got back to the room after my husband did, the lights over the sink kept him awake while I was brushing my teeth, etc. Breakfast was good but there was little in the way of protein options, however that's not that uncommon so not a big deal in my book. The biscuits and gravy were delicious :-). I would absolutely stay here again when we are back in the area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Sioux City, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear 4esoresso, We share the feeling that we wish you could have stayed longer and we look forward to your return to the area. We are proud of our team and our facility and we appreciate your helping us spread the news by posting such a nice review! Thank you and see you soon!
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

First time staying here for one night--I wish it could have been longer. One of the most comfortable hotels/rooms I have stayed in for ages. I love the rustic themes. For me, it's very relaxing. I would return here for any future business or personal needs. Only moment of iffyness was that Fox News was on in the breakfast room.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We were just in town visiting family and needed a space to stretch out and a pool for the kids. The rooms are upscale and nicely decorated with free WiFI, good channel selection on TV, comfortable beds and upscale toiletries. There is a small exercise room, it could use the carpet taken out and some fun exercise/motivating pictures on the walls. The breakfast area is very homey with great decor. This area was also open the Saturday evening we were there and several families had ordered in pizza,etc and there was plenty room for everyone. The breakfast was pretty standard, coffee not bad. The weather was cold but you would be walking distance from a coffee shop, however this shop is not open on Sunday which I thought was odd.
I would absolutely make this choice if I need a place to stay again. You are right off I-29 and literally next to the events center.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 4mdntg
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Our room was very clean and the bathroom was spotless. The staff was very polite and accommodating. The king bed was super comfy and we had alot of fluffy pillows (seems like a small thing but it's annoying when you only get one or two rock hard flat pillows)! Breakfast was very good. We will stay here again next time we are traveling through Iowa!

Stayed April 2014