“Holy Da KAO ~ What great food”

Da Kao Chinese & Vietnamese Cuisine
Ranked #49 of 213 Restaurants in Sioux City
Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
IOWA
“Holy Da KAO ~ What great food”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We always try to find Chinese restaurants when traveling. My husband found reviews on Da Kao in Sioux City IA and wanted to try it. The review raved about the Fried Rice. How different can Fried Rice Recipes be? After tasting Da Kao's I can tell you "VERY". It had flavor abounding and almost made me wish I had ordered Shrimp Fried Rice so I could have enjoyed an entire plate of it rather than having it as an accompaniment to my Kung Bao Shrimp. The service was quick and friendly. Our server took my special order of only carrots and water chestnuts in my entree. To be sure she had it right,;she read it back to me. My husband ordered Kung Bao Chicken minus the broccoli. We chose Hot and Sour Soup to begin our meal. I could have eaten 2 or more bowls it was so good. We also ordered egg rolls. They were crisp, fresh, tasty and even had bits of egg in them. Then came our entrees and we were NOT disappointed. The servings for lunch were large and JUST as we ordered. The young man assisting with service was very quick to keep my water glass filled.
We were dining at 1:30 PM on a Friday and there were 8 other tables of diners and people kept coming in and out the entire time we were there. If you are ever passing through Sioux City IA and even like Chinese food, you MUST go to Da Kao. You won't be sorry.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank kasey305

Vermillion, SD
“Lovely Vietnamese Food in a Casual Family Atmosphere”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

The Vietnamese dishes are well-prepared and delicious and the prices are family-friendly. I especially recommend the fresh shrimp rolls and the cold rice noodle salads. Crisp herbs and bean sprouts add to the sense that the food is fresh, fresh, fresh. After dozens of visits, I've never had a bad meal here.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank etsmith
“Misleading”
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

I saw the good reviews so I tried it out very disappointed in all aspects especially the service, and the food which are the main reasons I went

Kansas
“Kung Pao Perfection? Yea!”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I was in town for a few days with work and had this place recommended. A friend and I visited this place. At first, I was taken aback by the location. BUT, the food, service, and quality far outweighed the location. I had a standard item: Ginger Chicken. It was delicious and rich with faraway spices. My friend had the Kung Pao Chicken -- it was awesome. Plus, the prices were great.

• Visited January 2013
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Good Vietnamese Food”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Skip the Chinese food, Vietnamese food is great. The inside of the place isn't anything worth writting about, your typical mom/pop decorations with basic, cheap furniture.

The food and service make up for it. Food is great service is great but decor is lacking which personally I would prefer great food and sit on a folding chair then the reverse.

One great this is that they deliver and it doesn't take long. I will be going back but I will probably go with delivery as teh restaurant isn't worth brigning a date too or a group of friends.

• Visited January 2013