“Highly Recommend this hotel”

Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Tucson, Arizona
“Highly Recommend this hotel”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

A hotel whose staff can make the guest feel connected is excellent. I stay here about 3 times a year to visit my elderly parents and am each time amazed how warmly welcomed I am. This time was no exception. Cindy greeted me by name as I arrived and went out of her way to accommodate my early arrival. At the breakfast area, Kara warmly greeted me like I was coming to her house. Also, want to commend Kara - It is clear she takes pride in having her breakfast area clean and well stocked.

My room, as usual, was very comfortable. The bed included 4 pillows - yeah. The bathroom was very clean. I didn't hear any noise in the halls, despite the fact the hotel was full every night I was there. The fitness facility has great equipment, including the weights.

Thanks for providing a "home away from home" for me.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Had a great check in experience with Millissa. Always a friendly hello in the hallways from housekeeping staff. The room was very large (thank you for the comp upgrade) and spotless. Although I didn't use the fitness room, my daughter said it was just what she needed. I would highly recommend this hotel when in Sioux City, and it's where I will always be staying now.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Lindsay H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that our staff made you feel welcomed while here with us for your stay. I will pass all your great comments to everyone here. We hope to have you back with us in the future. Thank you again for your comments.

Jackson, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Our room had a view of a drainage ditch and some back yards - which I didn't really understand Bc with as few guests as they had we certinaly could of had a better room - paint on walls was weird in some places - breakfast was good

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Becky56143
Lindsay H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize that your room was not up to your expectations. We hope to have you back with us to give us another try. Please know that at this time we are in the process of painting all our guest rooms and soon all rooms will have a fresh new paint coat. Also please know that upon request our staff can always select a room that faces the front of our building to ensure you can enjoy a different scenery the next time that you are here. We thank you again for making us aware of these as we want to ensure all our guests enjoy their overall stay with us. We hope to have you back with us soon.

Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Pretty nice holiday inn express. good location near the southern mall, good location near restaurants etc. Breakfast is good for a holiday inn express not many healthy options but i realize this is the midwest and we love our biscuits and gravy.

As a platinum priority club member i got upgraded to a suite which was huge, the room had a fridge and wet bar. I didn't like that the gym wasn't 24 hours but other than that I didn't really have any major complaints.

Rooms were very clean, carpet was showing its wear, bathrooms were clean albeit a bit spartan. will stay again when in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Lindsay H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will ensure to pass all information along to our staff and management about your past stay. We hope to have you back with us in the future at our location. Thank you again.

Midwest USA
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I often choose Holiday Inn Express because it's always a reliable stay. This one in particular was very pretty.....it was modern, clean and welcoming. The beds are really comfortable, the t.v. worked great, the desk has a large curved work-space, the bathroom is very pretty and everything was clean. My room was quiet and the heat/air worked well. It had an "on" option so the fan ran all night instead of turning on & off throughout the night which wakes me up. There is a refrigerator and microwave and lots of outlets. It was priced a little higher than what I usually pay, but not by much. It is located in a perfect place.....just off of Hwy 20 and is surrounded by shopping and restaurants. It's only a 5 minute drive to Morningside College for anyone visiting the campus. I was in a hurry so I didn't get to enjoy the breakfast to my usual degree, but there was a variety of options and my biscuits and gravy, juice & coffee were great. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Lindsay H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you again for reviewing our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that we had all options for you while you were here to ensure a great stay. We hope to have you back with us in the future. Thank you again for staying with us.

Kansas
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We used to stay at this hotel when it was owned by another company. We really like it then so we tired it again under the Holiday Inn Express name. It is pretty much the same. The beds are super comfortable, the place is very clean, breakfast is better than before. They serve wonderful warm cinnamon rolls, have a pancake maker and even had cheese omelets one morning. The rooms have microwaves and mini fridges too. The hotel is close to a lot of restaurants and shopping. It is also very easy to get to from the interstate. All of the staff we encountered were very efficient and super nice. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We knew that we would be having family over to the hotel to visit so we upgraded to a suite. It was...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Lindsay H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad that you came back to stay with us after the name change our of hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your overall stay and are happy that you pointed out the great things that you had while here with us. We hope to have you back with us again and thank you for staying with us!

Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Only spend one nite in a suite--had a great stay. Hotel had modern décor. Friendly staff. Room was clean & laid out nicely. Had one of the better breakfast for the guest, with plenty to choose from. Only negative that I could express, the bed was to firm for my liking--other than that would recommend to anyone traveling to Sioux City.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vikings1950
Lindsay H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites: Sioux City-Southern Hills, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your past stay at our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have you back with us in the future.