“The usual old old tired Choice Hotel”

Comfort Inn Sioux City
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Lincoln, Nebraska
“The usual old old tired Choice Hotel”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We have stayed here several times in past. Seems to get more worn down every year. But we did get a good nights sleep and the room was clean. The breakfast area is very small and crowded, we went else where for breakfast. The parking lot is very well lit and safe feeling.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Jantraveler9,
Thank you for your review and for your continued loyalty. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed a good night's sleep and you found your room clean. I'm sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will work harder to impress our guests in the future. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to host you the next time you find yourself in Sioux City.

Nick K.
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Mackinaw City, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We were fortunate to get the last room for the night. Great room. Sharp and friendly staff for check-in and check-out. Great location. Easy parking lot for loading and unloading luggage. Not a new Choice Hotel but well tended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Michigan City, Indiana
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed here again while coming home to visit family and everything was excellent -- decent clean room, comfy bed, low noise level even with a full hotel (this place always seems extremely busy). This time we didn't get a mini fridge or microwave in our room. It was fine, whatever, we lived. But on Saturday morning I noticed a bunch of stains on one of the chairs in our room. I don't care if it's just water damage, you don't keep a nasty stained chair in a guest room. I hope it was just water damage. Please tell me it was water damage. I am giving them a try again next time we go to Sioux City since it's in a good location...just don't do me like that again, Comfort Inn!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Alicia E,
Thank you for the feedback of your stay at the Comfort Inn Sioux City and for being a loyal guest. I'm glad you found your room to be clean and comfortable. I do apologize for the stained chair, and I appreciate you bringing it to my attention. I will followup with my housekeeping staff to make sure this is taken care of. We look forward to your next visit.

The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed 8/5. Hotel just off interstate. Parking was ample and free. Mongolian BBQ restaurant across street and Outback a short walk away. There is also a convenience store and gas station next to the hotel. Big downside for this older hotel is the lack of an elevator. Since we're seniors getting luggage to our 2nd floor room was a workout. Rooms were adequate with fridge, microwave. Beds were very comfortable. Adequate, but average.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jerry C
TMIHospitality, Manager at Comfort Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear Jerry C,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Sioux City. I'm glad that you enjoyed our comfortable beds. I do apologize that we do not have an elevator. I understand how that would be frustrating. We would love to have you stay with us again and next time we will do our best to get you a first floor room.

B-town, NJ
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My wife, our 5 month old daughter and I stayed here for a night on our Summer 2013 road trip. Check in was easy, the staff members were friendly, and we had a good first floor room. There are a number of restaurants close by. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank David F
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Not sure what the other reviewers are used to in price, but I stay in a lot of $80-90 comfort inns and this one was very disappointing. The only item in the "new" Comfort Inn "model" was a flat screen tv. Bathroom, closet, room decor looks like I was back in 2001 again. Room was so small with two queen beds, the non-reclining chair was used as a nightstand. No elevator, no frig, no microwave??? Really?
Note to management - Could be nice property. Spend a buck or two and you will get better reviews.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Dear T_and_M travels,
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at the Comfort Inn Sioux City. I do apologize that not all of our rooms have a fridge and microwave. We pride ourselves in delivering an exceptional guest experience and it is obvious from your comments that we failed. I assure you that we are working very hard to offer clean rooms and great service. We do hope that you will choose us again in the future when traveling to Sioux City.

Michigan City, Indiana
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were here visiting family for the weekend and were glad we chose Comfort Inn. Late check in on a Friday was hassle-free and our room was clean. Even though we were on the first floor near the pool area, and the hotel was busy with a bunch of kids staying there for a baseball tournament (plus a pool party on Saturday), the noise at night was minimal. Substantial continental breakfasts, comfy beds, a great bathroom, and a microwave and mini-fridge in the room all made our stay comfortable! The only downside was that there is no fitness room on site. We'll definitely stay here again when we come back to town.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family