“Excellent Front Desk Staff”

Comfort Inn Sioux City
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Reviewed 8 September 2010

We've stayed at this location about once a year for the past 10 years or so. Obviously it is nice enough to keep us coming back. The front desk staff is always friendly and helpful, the pool/whirlpool area is always nicely maintained, and the continental breakfast is adequate with overflow seating available if the breakfast room is full. However, on this trip I did notice that our room was showing some wear and could use some updating. The tub and sink area are showing their age. Even the usually very comfortable beds were starting to sag. We felt housekeeping did a subpar job - the beds were made in a sloppy manor. One day only three bath towels were left for the four of us in our suite room that sleeps six.

I really hate to leave negative comments about this location as it has served us well for several years. It is still a good, dependable, reasonably priced place to stay. Hopefully it will receive some updates soon. We will try it again the next time we're in area and hope to see that updates are being made.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank backroads6
James S, Manager at Comfort Inn Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We love to see our guests return - time and time again! We appreciate your loyalty as we know there are many hotels to choose from in the area. Thank you for choosing us!

I have addressed the issue you raised regarding housekeeping with my Executive Housekeeper. She joins me in offering a sincere apology to you and is committed to ensuring that these problems will not occur again.

We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.

Reviewed 8 July 2010

This is a Comfort Inn who is located close to I29/US75and 20 and the lobby was very nice. The rooms, however, are very tired looking. Scuffed walls, stained carpet...however, the linens were fresh and the A/C worked good. The staff was professional and I guess we got what we paid for.

It's so hard when you are traveling to pick the right place. We've had excellent Comfort Inn's and Suites...this one needs an update!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HappyMiss37
Reviewed 2 April 2009

Tried to give this place a 2nd chance after the last time when we found cigarette buuts and ashes under the sheets. This time someone left their dirty underwear in the closet, and then the roaches on the wall in the morning. Front desk seemed surprised, said they didn't know they were in the room too. 4th stay with a place being serviced by a pest control company with white round top rodent stations outside that we have seen pest in, so now I ask what company services their facility. If it's the same company we avoid.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank OmahaSevenStar
TharaldsonCorporate, Hotel Management Company at Comfort Inn Sioux City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2009

I would like to thank you for the feedback on our hotel. We value all feedback from our guests and utilize it to evaluate what we are doing right and what can be done to improve each stay for all our guests. We are always open to suggestions as we continuously look for ways to improve our guests’ experiences at our hotel. We desire to address any situation immediately in hopes that you will look to us again in the future when booking a room in Sioux City.

Reviewed 16 October 2008

I was in charge of this years Girlfriend Weekend. We had anywhere from 9-12 of us between the two night stay.
I had room 102, which they assured me was the biggest. That worked out well when we all gathered together to have some time to ourselves. A larger room would have been even better, but I don't think there were any bigger.

We enjoyed the morning breakfast and the easy location to the two malls and many restaurants.

Some of us even used the hot tub.

The staff was very kind and answered all our questions. They even gave us some great rates.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank LCHS1972
Reviewed 3 September 2008

We found our room to be very spacious and clean. The bathroom was nice sized with room to move around. A slight glitch with the hotel bill upon checkout, but that was quickly resolved. We would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ginlee42
Reviewed 28 August 2008

I've actually stayed at this motel several times, since I was raised in Sioux City and go back to visit family at least once a year. I have always found the stay to be to my satisfaction. I love that there is free internet access (on my trip up, I paid for internet access at Motel 6 and was never able to get on line and they stiffed me for the price). The beds are comfortable and the location can't be beat (course Sioux City is small enough that you can get anywhere is in town in five to ten minutes). I have to say, in most my visits, I usually only get coffee, but they did appear to have a nice faire as continental breakfasts go. The only complaint I would mention, was the last time I stayed, it was for three nights. The first night I put up the do not disburb to keep out the maids. However, the second night I did not and was disappointed when the maids never cleaned and I had to go to the office for clean towels myself. The only other thing was I had booked on Hotwire and of course paid in advance. However, upon departing I asked for a receipt for my stay and realized when I got home that I had been booked twice for the room. I immediately called the manager at the hotel. He apologized and assured me that the charge would be removed from my card immediately. It was credited back the next day. All in all, I like this motel. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 19 August 2008

Entering the lobby, we saw stained dirty carpet in the breakfast area and dirt on the tiles. The desk guy was friendly enough but his shirt was rumpled and hanging out of his pants. We asked for a cot because we have 5 people and he showed us one in the hall. The sheets didn't fit around it and he didn't know if it had been used but we were free to change the sheets ourselves if we wanted to (!), he said. We looked at the room (dingy but average) and didn't see where a cot would fit anyway. Overall, it just didn't appeal to us.

We just couldn't envision staying there so drove to Sioux Falls Comfort Suites which was a drive but we are always assured of a quality hotel. We now know that we need a suite for our family and large dog.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family