“vacation hotel”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Bridgeport, Connecticut
“vacation hotel”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel was right off the highway, had a very helpful front desk staff, a nice size pool, had a clean room, hot breakfast and laundry facilities which are great to have available as you travel. It was also convenient to a gas station and a Walmart.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ellen B.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacation needs. It is a honor when there are so many others to choose from. We are grateful to have worked so hard to have a clean and comfortable hotel with great value and to be recognized for it makes us that much more proud of hour hotel.

Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Como, Colorado
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights in July 2014. The hotel is clean, the front desk people are friendly, and the location is convenient to both I-29 and I-20. Breakfast includes waffles, omelets, rolls, toast, fruit, juice, coffee, milk, dry cereal and yogurt. The pool and hot tub are nice.

Room Tip: If there's a choice, take the lower level. Easier to move in your bags, there is no elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Laura V,

We are so glad that you have enjoyed all aspects of your stay. Also pleased to hear that you found our staff so friendly. I truly believe we have a winning team here and it shows very much through your positive feed back. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you next time.

Frankfort, Illinois
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Karen at the front desk was very pleasant. The rooms/ bathroom were clean. I was not afraid to place anything on the floor. The pool is big enough for the kids to play after a long trip. The water was clean.Breakfast is enough to start the day.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Muffytrn,

Thank you so very much for staying with us. We are excited to hear one of our Guest Service Representatives names personally mentioned. She is so honored, and would like to thank you again, also know she will continue to work hard and passionately to ensure overall customer satisfaction.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Karen at the front desk was very pleasant. The rooms/bathroom was clean. Not afraid to put anything on the floor. Breakfast is enough to eat and get back on the road. The pool is big enough for the kids to play in after a long day of traveling. Would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Muffytrn,

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Older property for sure but whoever owns and runs this place has done a fine job making do with what is here. The room was spotlessly clean and the king bed comfy and welcoming. Breakfast adequate for the price. If I am ever this way again no question about staying here. THANK YOU for a comfortable experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bharati P, Owner at Days Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear HJ1madison,

We do work hard to keep our property looking nice and comfortable for our guests. The owners take pride in their accomplished renovations. Thank you so very much for recognizing our hard work. We hope to see you again.

Mesa, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Great location, clean rooms, nice indoor pool and hot tub, excellent hot breakfast, and a superb staff all made for a great stay. We especially appreciated Jiten's helpfulness with local area info at check in, and admired Tasha's graciousness cleaning up a mishap at breakfast in the morning. We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bharati P, Owner at Days Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Dan A,

We are pleased to hear that our staff members have been recognized for their hospitality. Thank you for your positive and empowering feed back. We shall continue to keep up the hard work. We hope to see you again in the future. It was a true pleasure having you here.

Maryville, Illinois
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here on a last minute, arriving into town at 3 am and needing a pet friendly hotel. The desk staff at check in was friendly and helpful. He said to get a pet room, we'd have to stay in a smoking room as that was all he had left. I hated to be picky at 3 am as tired as we were, but I asked if I could see the room, mainly concerned how smokey it might smell. Well the room was fine and we were in within minutes and I used my AAA membership to get a 10% discount but paid $15 for a one night pet fee. The hotel was quite, everything was average for the price. The towels really need to be updated as they are thin and not soft at all! The breakfast in the morning was just okay. We arrived late, since we got in late, but there were still choices. However, there is not much room to sit and eat breakfast and 2 familes had the space taken.
At check-in I asked for a late check-out since I knew 11am would be tough. He said noon was the best they could do, but I was appreciative and thankful for that extra hour.
The problem was in the morning - the cleaning staff knocked on the door before 10 am and I explained we had a late check out and they should double check the computer if they weren't sure. While she was there, I asked for some coffee for our room since that was missing in the room. I'll also mention, the room did have a small fridge, microwave and coffee pot, which were all nice, but we weren't staying there long enough to benefit from them.
The cleaning crew came back again about 11 am, the normal checkout time, and this time, 2 cleaning ladies brought the desk clerk with them. The cleaning ladies didn't seem to speak much English so I felt that they got the desk clerk to tell me to leave, as we were holding them up. I told the front desk clerk to double check with the person who checked me in, since he said noon was no problem. I told her we'd leave at noon. Since the cleaning ladies were basically standing in the hallway waiting for us to exit the room, it did not feel friendly or welcoming at all.
To top if off the weather alarms were going off and a bad storm was passing through, the rain was pouring down and this hotel does not have any covered area to load or unload your luggage. We actually threw everything in the car and drove to a covered area at another hotel to dry off! We were lucky to have umbrellas at least.
However, before leaving when I went to the front desk to check out, she said it was in the computer about our late check out. I told the lady I didn't understand why she and the cleaning ladioes acted so rude and why they kept bothering us to leave. It seems that late checkouts upset the cleaning ladies and they will bully you to get their way. The front desk lady kept saying it wasn't a problem, but she certainly acted like it was. She too, could only speak broken English and was hard to understand. I only regret that I didn't her name.
So a quick overnight stay, not cheap, still $100 for this area, turned into being a big downer in the morning.

Room Tip: My small dog found the previous person had left some chocolate candy on the floor. She found it and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Bharati P, Owner at Days Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Jayne D,

I'm sorry you had an unpleasant experience with the staff here. Since your stay we have made adjustments as to how we communicate between staff as it pertains to late check-in guests and any late check-out requests. Thank you for your feed back it is vital information needed to improve the over all guest experience. We can only hope you give us an opportunity to show you we have made improvements.