“Has Terrible Management”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Made my confirmed 9/21/12 reservation for here over a month before my arrival. I have a bad leg and cannot go up or down stairs and my reservation stated I must be on 1st floor or near elevator as do all of my "Choice Hotel" reservations. When I arrived at 8:00 PM they said all they had was on the 2nd floor and no elevator. Manager, Mike Desai said they had a group of senior citizens, with some being handicapped coming that will be taking all the 1st floor rooms. Well, I am a senior citizen and am handicapped but that made no difference to him. He said the best he could do was carry my luggage up the stairs. When I told him he would have to carry me, too, he didn't seem to care at all. His additude was the worst thing about this experience. I had to drive another 40 miles to get a room because everything was full in Sioux City. I may have to reconsider my loyalty to Choice Hotels".

Room Tip: Mike Desal is a terrible manager.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 September 2012

Found this hotel by accident since it was not listed in my Choice Directory. Tucked beside the Comfort Inn, I was told by clerk that it was formerly a Holiday Inn Express. If you are just looking for a good nights rest, this is the place. A small hotel, it has workout room but no pool. Very clean, comfortable, and inexpensive. Extremely helpful desk clerk who went out of her way to find me some tea bags after our late arrival. A very pleasant place to stay. Cozy lobby with filled book shelves and computer for guest use. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Trip Advisor says this was formerly a Southern Hills hotel but my GPS has it listed as a Holiday Inn. Whatever it was, it has only been a Quality Inn for about two months. It looks like they did a pretty good job of fixing it up during the transition. Near shopping and restaurants, but not near downtown Sioux City.

Pros: Very good Wi-Fi connection in my room. Nice room and furniture (except chair, see below) including fridge and microwave. Everything appears to be very clean and well-maintained except for some accumulated dirt on A/C vent and a missing light bulb. Also, the side entrance needs some attention. Nice breakfast including scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy.

Cons: Bathroom light and very loud fan on same switch, which was annoying. Desk chair stuck in low position; had to sit on a pillow. They switched my reservation for a ground floor room to an upper level (no elevator) supposedly so another customer could have a ground floor room. I checked in at 3:00 p.m. and there was only one other car in the parking lot, so it wasn’t because I checked in late. When I threatened to move to another hotel they somehow found me a room on the ground floor.

Overall a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: No elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2012

The property looks brand new. Our large room featured two comfortable queen size beds with a flat screen TV. It was clean although there was some trash in the upstairs hallway that should have been removed but was left out overnight. The hot breakfast was more than adequate. I cashed in choice reward points for a free stay but I could have gotten the room for under $60 with advanced purchase on choicehotels.com. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I booked this hotel online with Choice Hotels. I have had consistent good results with this method of booking rooms and this Quality Inn was not disappointing. Good value for the price. Friendly staff, clean quiet modern room and good hot breakfast (missing instant oatmeal packets, but you can't have everything). Supper across the street was Mongolian Grill which was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2012

It was very easy to make a reservation two days in advance. Ashley was extremely helpful and had a very pleasant personality. She asked what I needed for my stay, I told her I needed two rooms for a family of five, with a roll away bed in one. She quickly located the rooms and didn't have to ask any questions a second time. The reservation was made and I received an email confirmation shortly after our conversation. The check in process was quick and simple, another good experience. The stay was comfortable and quiet, the rooms very clean and large. The lobby was large, clean, and well-furnished, and complimentary local newspapers were readily available. Breakfast the following morning was hot and very adequate. Check out was quick. I will recommend this motel to anybody

Room Tip: I simply asked for two rooms on the top floor and there were no complications or disappointments. A...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ray W
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here overnight and we chose it because of it now being a "Quality Inn" by Choice Hotels. The staff at check in was friendly and efficient. Our room was clean with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom could of been cleaner however, as there was several hairs on the floor and the tub needed a good cleaning especially along the inside. Breakfast the next morning was a little disappointing. The eggs, sausage gravy and bacon were all old and dried out. The orange juice must of run out as well, as it was almost all water. We did not see a hostess replenishing anything while we were in the breakfast room. This hotel could be an awesome place to stay, if these few things were managed better. I'm not sure if we will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple