“I guess you get what you pay for”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I should know that a 75 dollar hotel isn't the best but. When you go to use your ice color in the room, there shouldn't be standing water in it. My keys wouldn't work no matter how many I got from the desk, they ended up coming to my room and letting me in. Bed was very hard and the linens had stains on them.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel in the area
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Pat N

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Very nice place. We stayed mid-week so received a lower rate. Room was very clean, the beds were extremely comfortable and the employees friendly. A little confusing finding the entrance at first, but we did see it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank sdtaresident
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Made reservation for 3 night stay in June. Called hotel a week ahead of time to confirm, was told everything was OK. Arrived at hotel and they had no record of my reservation even though an employee read it over the phone to me a week earlier. No explanation and a feeble apology. Had to find EXPENSIVE alternate accommodations due to an event in the area that made rooms scarce. Wrote to Choice Hotels who had a rep call me back. Rep told me that I would receive an email from the Quality Inn with an explanation. Email never came. Since I did not stay there I can't comment on the rooms. But my experience gives the impression of an indifferent management.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Again, Priceline served me well in offering a good value. Quality Inn & Suites was clean, had free WIFI and was located right off the highway. The standard breakfast had some so-so powdered eggs that offered a little protein. They have a 24 hr. fitness room but the equipment is dated. The treadmill is really old and the free weights were strewn about. The elliptical machine was in good shape however.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank bahiadreaming
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Good room friendly front desk Good value Pool and spa area were clean Also good location for area attractions Guest laundry was a clean area Room was ready for early check in so we could get started with our sites to see The Sioux City Park and light show was a good experience The ladies in the gift shop were more than helpful and the restaurant prices were high for what you got but the food was good This is a great place to spend hours just looking around

Room Tip: Good rooms for all
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Made my confirmed 9/21/12 reservation for here over a month before my arrival. I have a bad leg and cannot go up or down stairs and my reservation stated I must be on 1st floor or near elevator as do all of my "Choice Hotel" reservations. When I arrived at 8:00 PM they said all they had was on the 2nd floor and no elevator. Manager, Mike Desai said they had a group of senior citizens, with some being handicapped coming that will be taking all the 1st floor rooms. Well, I am a senior citizen and am handicapped but that made no difference to him. He said the best he could do was carry my luggage up the stairs. When I told him he would have to carry me, too, he didn't seem to care at all. His additude was the worst thing about this experience. I had to drive another 40 miles to get a room because everything was full in Sioux City. I may have to reconsider my loyalty to Choice Hotels".

Room Tip: Mike Desal is a terrible manager.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Found this hotel by accident since it was not listed in my Choice Directory. Tucked beside the Comfort Inn, I was told by clerk that it was formerly a Holiday Inn Express. If you are just looking for a good nights rest, this is the place. A small hotel, it has workout room but no pool. Very clean, comfortable, and inexpensive. Extremely helpful desk clerk who went out of her way to find me some tea bags after our late arrival. A very pleasant place to stay. Cozy lobby with filled book shelves and computer for guest use. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family