“Not bad at all!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This is not a bad Quality Inn. I was pleasantly surprised after reading reviews here to find the room spacious, not necessarily updated decor but, not all that old either. Fairly typical for Quality Inns. I am not sure what is expected in this price range but, my expectations are simple. I want white (not dingy) sheets and towels, a hot shower, comfortable bed and a clean room.

This room was fine; however, I can't give more than a three due to the dust on the furniture. I see this often in hotel rooms. The housekeepers obviously don't dust or clean the table tops, etc.
Otherwise, the room met my personal requirements for a good nights sleep.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We needed a place to stop on our way to South Dakota. This hotel was clean, the staff nice and it had everything we needed. Not high class but a fine place for a stop over. The free breakfast was one of the best I've had in a hotel in this low cost range. No problem recommending it to anyone who isn't fussy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank k4harmon
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Although this property is about a mile off the Interstate, the location is convenient and easy to find. There are several restaurants nearby, but none within walking distance. The front desk has some coupons for various restaurants so be sure to check out the coupons. I received 10 percent off at the Texas Roadhouse. The room was clean, free newspaper provided, and breakfast was typical of what you expect at a Comfort Inn- variety of hot and cold items. I especially appreciated that because the property is located by itself atop a hill, it is very quiet. I would stay here again on my next visit to Sioux City, Iowa.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Joan W
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

If it weren't for the fact we booked at a discounted rate, I would be very upset. My husband told me when he went to check in the night guy was very, very rude him. The room appeared clean, but the bathroom was entire different story. The floors in the bathroom were sticky as if someone used cleaner and didn't mop it up well. There were brown/yellow stains on the floor also. Not to mention the shoddy ceiling work done and mold growing on it! The air conditioner was so loud it woke me up once. Also, make sure you put out your "do not disturb" sign otherwise you will have "housekeeping" (I think it was the manager) banging on your door "reminding" you of checkout time. Thank goodness our 1 and 2 year old were already up because it was no where close to checkout time. If you just need a bed and shower and don't care about costumer service, you probably won't mind this place. I however would never pay full price for this one, and so thankful we didn't.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

I will keep this simple. No elevator so luggage carts are useless and most rooms are on 2nd floor so pack light :^/ The worst part was the long black hairs EVERYWHERE!!!!! The only reason we stayed was because we had driven so long with our kids and we all needed a break.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank BFammy
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Nothing was clean to begin with. Manager said the room was on the 2nd floor at the west end of the building. My cousin and I are both handicapped and on disability, not being able to do stairs or carry luggage very well. So we parked by the west side door and got all our luggage upstairs. The room was all most all the way on the east side of the motel. (2 rooms away from the end). The stairway was filthy in the corners with hair and fuzz. The middle of the stairs had crackers and part of candy wrappers on the steps. The hallway on the 2nd floor was also dirty. The handrails on the stairway was sticky and dirty. Our room was at 54 degrees and freezing. The bathroom floor was too cold to even walk on. The bathroom had not been cleaned and the cleaning maid was knocking on the bathroom door while my cousin was in there going to the bathroom and saying that the bathroom wasn't clean. The bathroom after she got done with it was still not clean. Hair in the sink and on the floor. The carpet in the main room was dirty in the corners and in the middle of the carpet was part of a necklace and pieces of paper. The corners on furniture was dusty and dirty. The refrigerator, microwave and clock were not plugged in so the lamps could be plugged in and working. To use the refrigerator, microwave and clock, we had to unplug the lamps to use the other appliances. And if we used the computers, everything had to be unplugged for that too. When we left, we used the middle stairs and they were dirty in the corners with food in the middle of the steps and sticky handrails too like the west end staircase. No one was at the check out counter so we just left. My cousin and I were very disguisted with the cleanliness of this hotel and with the management and staffing. The cleaning maid barely spoke English and my cousin isn't sure if she understood her or not. ... I will never stay at this Quality Inn & Suites again, nor will I ever recommend it. It was the worst experience I've ever had in a motel room/stay.

Room Tip: I would not recommend anyone to stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank nothappy229
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This hotel had spacious rooms and comfortable beds. The bathroom fan was really noisy and obnoxious. The interior halls needed to be vacuumed as they had mud on them. Breakfast was varied and tasty. Our rooms were at the top of the stairs so many noisy guests kept us from sleeping. there was also a lot of noise from the parking lot as people came and went.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family