“Just a Regular Hotel Experience with great staff”

Fairfield Inn Sioux City
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Sioux City
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Just a Regular Hotel Experience with great staff”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Check in was great. The staff is really nice and will accommodate every request. The rooms paint color,carpet and artwork were generic. We had a king and another room with two queens. The beds were comfortable. Pantene bath products smelled good. Older Delta faucets in the bathroom, just regular fixtures, furniture and equipment. Nice 3 outlet configuration by the bed to plug in phones without searching for an outlet. Smaller pool. Everything appears clean (but the front door is dirty). Good location by the mall. Easy parking. The ac fan cycles on and off, which can be distracting. The tv channels are good and dont have any black screens between channels. Good fast free WiFi. The breakfast is standard, make your own waffle, fruit, muffins, toast, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, juice, coffee. The hotel is kind of the average but I expected more by Fairfield standards.
If you are just looking for an average, no drama place to stay, this would be it. It's not exceptional or anything, just an average place, quiet, good bedding and good shower temp and pressure, comfortable and decent value.

Room Tip: Either side works ok but I would think higher floor has less noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Taz1040
SiouxCityManager, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you Taz for your thoughtful review! My staff and I work hard to ensure you have great service while staying with us. We try to take pride in keeping the hotel clean and I'm sorry you arrived to a dirty front door. It's a bad first impression.

Thank you again for the review Taz.

Manda Scruggs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We felt very welcomed at the hotel. Tom checked us in and helped us with finding a restaurant the first evening. Next time we stayed, we needed another hotel to stay at in another town and Tom helped with that. My husband says Tom is so friendly and courteous, he should get a bonus! Wonderful staff. Hotel was clean, breakfast was very nice, hot meal. The hotel was close to the mall and other shopping. Also, close to eating places. Fruit at the front desk, hot coffee in the pots. Noise was minimal. Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
SiouxCityManager, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Paula,

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your stay experiences with us! We welcome all guest feedback and appreciate you taking the time to write your comments here.

We really appreciate Tom's great commitment to our guests. He is a pleasure to work with. Tom sincerely enjoys the opportunity to help guests and make their stays memorable.

Thank you again for the great comments about the property and staff. We look forward to housing you again if you're traveling in the Sioux City area again.

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The staff makes this place...typical Fairfield, but here everyone says "Hello!" and makes you feel extremely welcome. The place was clean as a whistle. The young lady running the breakfast wanted to make sure that I had everything that I needed etc
Marriott Platinum Member

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
SiouxCityManager, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Van,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay experience at our hotel! We really appreciate guest feedback. Comments like yours fire our staff members up and make them feel appreciated for the hard work and caring attitude they bring to their jobs every single day.

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Reception was very nice with two friendly team members handing out cold water. They also had some lovely mints at the front desk. The hotel was full but we heard no noise from other guests so the soundproofing must have been done well. We had a double queen room and it had lots of space, ample furnishings (including an easy chair) and landing places for our luggage. There was a full cabinet for the microwave and refrigerator. The beds were comfortable and the linens soft. We had our choice between feather and foam pillows. We did notice a housekeeping issue as there was something sticky spilled on the dresser where the TV sat. I inadvertently touched it while arranging items on top. The sticky liquid had dripped down the front of the dresser as well. Obviously something had been spilled on the top and dripped down but only the top of the cabinet was cleaned. Otherwise the room appeared to be clean enough. The AC in my room would only work if it was set to fan - of course the fan turned off turning the night and it got warm. We needed a late checkout and Manda was gracious enough to provide it. As referred to at the beginning of this review, you can get all the bottled water you could care to drink here - they keep a refrigerator full of it behind the reception desk. A big shout out to Manda.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
SiouxCityManager, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for your thoughtful review of your stay experience at our Fairfield Sioux City. I do want to apologize again about the stickiness your found on the credenza in the room. I spoke with our Assistant Executive Housekeeper and the issue was immediately addressed. I also want to apologize about the PTAC unit in the room. Our mainteance engineer will look at the room before it is rented out again to ensure it's cooling properly. I can understand it would've been difficult to sleep well in a warm room. Last, thank you for the shout out! We hope that if you're passing through Sioux City again, you'll stop for a night's rest at our hotel.

Morton, Illinois
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This hotel gets a 6 for Clean, Convenient, Congenial, Comfortable, Cost and Connected ( password required for WIFI). The staff was outstanding and friendly. There was a great variety at breakfast. It was hosted in a large room so there was plenty of tables and space. Although we did not use the pool, it looked clean, Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
SiouxCityManager, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Sioux City, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay at our property. I'm glad you enjoyed the variety of food at breakfast and the large breakfast area. The cleanliness of the property and "outstanding" staff service is always great to hear from guests. Our staff works hard every day here and I'm happy it paid off to make your stay great.

We'd appreciate your business if you returned to us, next time you're in the Sioux City area.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Trying to figure out how to review this place. I'm at a loss for words.

It wasn't great. It wasn't terrible. It just was.

Check in was a breeze. Asked for a quiet room. Got the one right next to elevator. Wasn't a big deal.

Pretty noisy in hallways. Can't really fault hotel for that. (People please be courteous when staying at a hotel. Save the chatter for your room. Not the hallway outside my door at 2am.)

***Cleaning staff should turn the radio on cart down. Actually, maybe they shouldn't have a radio on the cart at all? Trying to sleep in with "Sioux City's Greatest Hits From Today and Yesterday" blaring isn't very easy.***

Room was ok. Reasonably clean. Bathroom could use some work.

Staff was ok. Nothing special. Didn't feel welcome or unwelcome. Just kind of blah.

Parking was plentiful.

Location was close to decent places to eat.

All in all, it was ok. Nothing great. Nothing terrible.

Would I stay again? Depending on the deal I got, maybe.

You could do much worse. You
could do much better.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Michael J
Thank you Michael for reviewing your stay at our property. I can tell you took some time in evaulating your experience at our Fairfield Sioux City, and I appreciate that.

I do want to respond to some specific comments in your review...

1) I apologize about your room placement right next to the elevator. If I asked for a quiet room, right next to the elevator wouldn't be my first choice, so I'm sorry about that placement. I'm unsure if we were sold out or busy when you were here, but we will work at the desk to try to best honor preferences like yours in the future.
2) I have spoken with our housekeeping staff about NO music on the carts while in the hallways. I am allowing soft music in the rooms to continue, just because the day goes by faster with some kind of good music going on. However it should NOT be audible from another room. I'm testing this, this week and if I find radio music too loud from inside the room while they are cleaning, we'll do away with music all together.
3) I think "you could do much better" means we dropped the ball on cleanliness and service. As a Marriott property, we have high expectations of ourselves so I apolgoize here Michael. You should've felt sincerely welcomed and with a extremely clean room. Marriotts are known for their standards and I apolgoize we didn't uphold those during your stay.

Thank you again for your review. I do appreciate it.

Battle Creek, Iowa
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Good hotel and great staff but the bed was very poor!! The hotel could use some updating. But for the Priceline price of $53 it was a good time. We did hear a lot of noise from the street during the night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We appreciate all guest feedback - positive and negative - and use it to improve our hotel and our service for our guests.

I am sorry that the bed condition was very poor. I can imagine it must have been very difficult to get a good night's sleep if you're on an uncomfortable mattress. We purchase new mattresses regularly and flip them each quarter to keep them their tops in even, good condition. If you could call the hotel or email me directly, I'd be very interested to know what room you were staying in so we can look at that mattress and replace it, if necessary.

We are trying to update the hotel as we can, here at the property level. I agree though, overall our property could use an update. I apologize about this Larry.

Thank you again for your comments and your feedback on your stay with us. If you are in the Sioux City area again, I hope that you'll give us another try.