“Good Value”

WinnaVegas Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sloan
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed here for four nights during a 2,300 mile motorcycle trip. I thought the place was a pretty good value. The buffet was decent and hotel staff were generally friendly. Rooms were very nice, especially compared to another hotel I had stayed in at a similar cost. The place was quiet and I slept well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
WinnaVegas_Iowa, Manager at WinnaVegas Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Hello LordOfTheBison, Thank you for the positive feedback! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at WinnaVegas, 2,300 miles is quite a ways! Safe travels and please visit us again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Bad night on the highway led to a fabulous room at WinnaVegas Hotel! We broke down on the interstate, had to be towed and this hotel was the only one around with available rooms. We were not sure what to expect at a casino hotel having never stayed at one. What a wonderful surprise! The room was awesome! Spacious, clean, modern, comfortable. The staff was kind in assisting us and our breakfast the next morning was a generous portion and very good. We weren't there long enough to partake of many amenities but if we are ever in the area again, we would not hesitate to stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in a king room. The shower was wonderful and room very spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TNSmiles
WinnaVegas_Iowa, Manager at WinnaVegas Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hi TNSmiles, Thank you for your positive review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay while at WinnaVegas. Safe travels and hope you do make it to the area again.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Upon arrival I was worried when I entered the lobby and it had a very strong smoke smell. I was pleasantly surprised that the room had no smell of smoke. The room itself was quite nice, but the towels were the most thread bare towels I have had at any hotel. The staff was friendly, but not knowledgeable.

This is NOT an ideal place to stay with kids. To eat, they can enter the buffet at the opposite end of the resort, but that is the only place they can go to eat and it has very limited hours. The Café has a nice menu and good food, but I had to bring it up to the room for them to eat. There are also a couple tables in the arcade we could eat. It was nice that they have an arcade (although you have to pay to play pool and foosball) an pool for the kids, but the eating arrangements left something to be desired, especially since there are no other options nearby.

When we arrived, I asked if they had a roll away. The front desk person was friendly but said it was his first day, and he didn't know if they had any. It was 9pm and he said everyone from housekeeping had gone home. I thought this was odd that there was no one from housekeeping on staff at that time. The next morning we had a knock at our door at 9:30. It was housekeeping wanting to come in to clean. I told him we weren't ready and he seemed annoyed an said he would come back in an hour. The next day we were out all day and arrived back at 8:30pm. When we arrived back, housekeeping was in our hallway, but our room was not made up yet. We went down to the arcade to give them time to clean. When we got back up the housekeeping cart was past our room, but our room still had not been touched. I went and told them, so we finally had housekeeping that night after 9pm

The third day I needed to make a phone call but there were no instructions on how to get an outside line. I tried the usual dialing "9", "1" and the number but it did not work. I called the front desk, this person did not know how to do it but said he would check and call me back. He never called back.

The towels are the worst I have had at any hotel, housekeeping leaves much to be desired, it would be nice if the hotel lobby was smoke free (especially since it is completely separate from the casino), it is not a great place for kids, however as I stated before the rooms are nice and they are clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
WinnaVegas_Iowa, General Manager at WinnaVegas Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Hello MLC111, Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. We apologize for the confusion as to where children can dine at the casino. Children are able to walk inside the building to the restaurant and snack bar (11am-11pm) as long as they're accompanied by an adult. Thank you for your input toward our facilities and staff; everything will be taken into consideration.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I can not believe this room. It is like a suite. Hot tub was nice after riding nearly 500 miles on a Harley. Leo, working the front desk very friendly and helpful. Very reasonable and clean. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay at the casino hotel and not the inn
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
WinnaVegas_Iowa, Manager at WinnaVegas Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Hello Larry, We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay while at WinnaVegas Casino Resort. Thank-you for the positive feedback and we hope to see you and your Harley back out here!

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

It was a dark rainy Saturday night. We were having no luck on line searching for a hotel in Sioux City. We took a chance and pulled off highway 29 when we saw a billboard for WinnaVegas. What a stroke of luck. Ed at the front desk was friendly and polite. We got a AAA discount and checked into the best room of our cross country trip yet. Large room, flat screen tv, all amenities, free internet. Had to see Ed at the front desk for bath towels, but he was quick to help. Hotel was clean ( only 2 years old) nice indoor pool, kid friendly. While attached to a casino, you don't have to go through it to check in. If i could give 6 stars i would. Great job. Thanks Ed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ricsand
WinnaVegas_Iowa, Manager at WinnaVegas Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hello and Thank-You very much for posting a review of our Casino Resort! Our staff is very happy you enjoyed your stay here, and that you took the time to include our many amenities. We hope you left well rested for the remainder of your cross country trip, and hope to see you again. Safe Travels!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

What a treat to enter your Hotel Room and be a little bit amazed by what you see. Great looking room with a nice comfortable bathroom. Newly built with a lot of great decorating and kept very clean. The bed was comfortable and I had room to spread out.
A great Hotel to stay at if you are traveling alone as I felt quite safe.
It is connected to the Casino and you have easy access to the food courts and the buffet.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor and could have had a great view. They were building and remodeling at that...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I decided to purchase the valentine package--It included a room, free dinner at the restaurant, $35 free play for us both, $5 for both of us towards the breakfast. The Stay was great, but I don't think that there were expecting to have a big crowd for the valentines day weekend. We had to stay in line for three hours and when we got to the counter, the cashier's said we had to put our name on a waiting list. We were shocked because we had already paid for our dinner and then we went to guest services and we told the manager how we were unhappy with dinner services and she lied right to our face about how she and another lady were going up and down the dinner line for have customers sign up under the waiting list and we told her that she didn't do that because we didn't see her. She later got us into the dinner but we thought that was ridiculous. Everything else was fine but that would our First and Last stay at Winnavegas Hotel & Casino.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emily M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sloan
Hard Rock Hotel Sioux City
#6 of 19 in Sioux City
New Victorian Inn & Suites Sioux City
Hampton Inn & Suites Sioux City South
Hilton Garden Inn Sioux City Riverfront

Been to WinnaVegas Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!