“will definently stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of AmericInn Spencer

AmericInn Spencer
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Spencer
Wakonda
“will definently stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have enjoyed all my stays at ameracinn before and found this hotel to be very nice. the rooms where clean and the beds were very.comfortable. we enjoy the the pool area as it is large and has games for the kids.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I traveled to the area for a local trade show, and booked this hotel due to the name and reputation of the chain. Checking in was ok, and the staff just did their job, and not to pleasant.

Upon checking into the room, it wasn't the cleanest. I used a towel to clean the sink prior to using it. The room was extremely hot and never did cool down. After making sure the bed had fresh sheets on it I climbed in to lay on very old pillows. They had no support, even after doubling up. I didn't sleep well.

For the price I expected a much better experience, but due to what I received, I will not stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jbailiff
Marshfield, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

This was always my favorite place to stay in the area, but after 2 terrible stays out of the last 2 times I have been here... I think this will be my last stay ever at this Hotel.

As I write this review, it is 12:15 am and I can not sleep because of the LOUD, and BOISTEROUS gathering in the lobby that have been going on FOR TWO HOURS! and in spite of complaints to the front desk. Now I'm as easy going as they come, but I'll be darned if I can figure out why I am paying $125/ night to be kept up all night.

Goodbye Americinn, you used to be great.

Room Tip: Try to get a room down the hall, and as far as possible from the lobby and pool, if you want a good...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Paul H
Wittenberg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel while visiting relatives in the area. The whole hotel appears to have been updated and was VERY nice. The lobby was decorated with holiday decor and the fireplace made it very welcoming, especially on a bitterly cold weekend. I swam with my granddaughters and son, and the pool area was extremely clean and pleasant. The coffee was GREAT and so was the breakfast....better than most! Staff were very pleasant and helpful. A very satisfying experience!!

Sioux Rapids
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We had a excellent stay and have stayed here before. We had a wonderful experience. Really liked the room. Used the WIFI and it was good. Breakfast was good. Rooms are clean and well cared for. Thank you

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Des Moines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Our check-in took mere minutes and we were in our room. The hotel was busy, but the hallways were quiet all night and the yummy breakfast was constantly being restocked. We'll definitely stay here again!

Pleasant Hill
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

The beds are comfortable and the prices are reasonable. The staff is friendly. They served hot apple cider in the evening. I would have enjoyed having it for breakfast. The breakfast isn't great but that shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Also consider these accommodations in or near Spencer
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spencer
Boulders Inn & Suites
Boulders Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Milford
Rodeway Inn & Suites near Okoboji Lake

Been to AmericInn Spencer? Share your experiences!