“Nature at its best, very courteous staff and service.”
Review of Blooms Green Farm

and 1 more site!
Blooms Green Farm
Ranked #1 of 2 Kenichira B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was recommended by a friend of mine and it was exactly as he described it. The resort is very peaceful and green. It is located within a 15-20 acres of farm land. It is very landscaped and villas are well designed with good facilities. Food is excellent and feels tasty and home-made. A few draw backs are the spa/massage center is not very hygienic and doesn't feel worth spending he money on the same. Also there is no swimming pool and the fitness center is not yet ready.The walk through the organic farm by the farm supervisor was excellent and frankly takes you back to days of childhood when we would climb trees and pluck fruits and eat them straight away. The staff are very caring and courteous and very helpful. The map provided by them on wayanad tourist spot is very useful and accurate, but watch out for the timings of theses venues before you there as they are open mostly from 9 am to 4 pm.

Room Tip: Travel in groups of 4 - 8 as this help get a better room rate.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Blooms Green Farm

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I am writing my first review but I have lost count of the places I have visited and trips I have had.
My stay in Blooms Green Farm was by far the best experience I have ever had. Right from the first phone conversation till the good bye, I don't think I could have asked for more and more than I that, I don't think they could have done more. When I booked my stay I didn't know which villa would they book for me, but when I reached the place, I was completely mesmerized. They have a beautiful estate. I was there with my family and I have never been praised more for the choice of accommodation before :). They have a huge organic farm and the caretaker was kind enough to take us for a walk. I tried learning to climb a coconut tree, guess need a longer vacation for that :). One of us was very fond of dogs and had gem of time with their collection of dogs and other pets(I understood how one can be so attached to pets).
Now coming to the best part of the trip, "the people". I have heard a lot about "Atithi Devo Bhav", My god, these guys really mean it. I can't write all that I feel, but these guys have always went out of their way to simply make our stay memorable. I somehow felt that tipping would not be a good idea and they would not accept it, however still in the back of my head thoughts were making rounds that money is the best way to appreciate one's service. After everything I have written above, you would easily guess what would have happened when I tried tipping. :)
To call a few names as a gesture of appreciation, Rijin (go to person for all your needs), Priya(so welcoming) & Satish (caretaker of the organic farm, who tried his best teaching me climb a tree:) )
Thank you so much for making our visit so special!
Although I didn't find wayanad to be worth of a second visit, I certainly don't want to miss a chance to visit this place again.
Thanks each and everyone!
Best Regards
Romit

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I was there as a participant of Kabani Art Fest to create two paintings to support the effort by Chitra Iyer for SEW ( Society for Elephant Welfare). The tranquility, nature friendly and healthy ambiance of the place as well as the staff at Green Blooms made 8 artists stay fully comfortable with their readiness to make us feel home. Specially the delicious traditional kerala food served by josettan and all other staff with a smile made me feel so good. I loved the view from where i stayed. The best place to skip from the busy metallic mumbling of city life.

Johns Mathew

Room Tip: room at the far right is more close to nature and peaceful.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2014

To start with, I would like to compliment you on your hospitality. The day we were to reach Wayanad, Miss Priya took care that we reached there easily. She was very sweet and cooperative.
Another person who made our trip even more special was Rigin. Rigin took care of even our smallest needs. Then comes the food.
The cook you have, is superb. He made us eat more than our capacity, and the best part, the quantity of the food was up to he mark, we never felt short of it.
The total place itself is beautiful and Satish got us more close to the place when he took us around the place.
One thing that I would want to improve is on the massage, though, the massage I had from Ashudhi was good, but it could have been better.
All the people there were very sweet and caring, made us fell like home.
Great experience. Great time.

Room Tip: The rooms we used were good and peaceful.
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed with my family and cousins for 1 day @Prabha villa. The staff at Blooms green is very welcoming and are there for you with just a phone call away. Even before we reached at blooms green, Priya (operation head, though I couldn't meet her) called us and guided us till we reached safely. I will just mention few points that will help others in making their choice :

1. Property - I have never seen such a big and wonderful property in my life. Everything we had their was grown at blooms green itself. We were taken for an organic farm trip and saw all the food and fruits that are grown their.
2. Owner - Mr Johny, a civil engineer is the owner. He is very polite person and has great interest in nature. He owns aroun 10 different breeds of Dogs, goats, rabbits, hens, cows (australlian one too :P), cats ...you name it and he has it.
3. Villa - The villa is very comfortable and has all the basic amenties couch, lcd, attached washroom, hammock except fridge,
4. Food - I tried delicious kerela food, bread and omelete at the breakfast and chicken at the dinner with kheer or fruits as the sweetdish.
5. Activities - They have badminton court (though not very professional), dart game, cards. You can ask for the bon-fire too depending on weather.
6. Service - The service is beyond doubt their USP. All the staff is so polite and talk with you very respectfully. They will make sure you get what you asked for.

Advice - Carry your own snacks and drinks as it's a little away from the town and you won't get everything there.

I will surely stay at blooms green farm again :) Thank you so much !

Room Tip: I don't know about others but Prabha was good.
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Seemed a tad too built up at first sight but it was staying here for 5 full days on work[painting in and coordinating an intense art camp for Society for Elephant Welfare] that opened my eyes to the particular kind of homely peace that this place offers...
The cool efficient Priya at the front office and the creative ,upbeat chief chef Josettan in the clean ,unpretentious kitchen turning out absolutely fresh fare ,supported by a lovely team of fantastic ,friendly,genuine human beings who are truly the resorts greatest assets! :)
A great place to hideaway and yet stay close enough to civilisation.
A great place to work out of too!
Thank you Blooms Green!

Room Tip: south extreme end for total privacy and a bit of wilderness and a great sky view from the one just b...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gomaty
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Friends, this is an excellent place to relax and rejuvenate. We were there for 2 days & 1 night. Had a good time in the farm and spa too. Nice co-ordination by the Ms. Priya. Excellent welcome and service by Mr. Mahesh, Mr, Sathish, etc. (couldn't remember all others names) The cook...Jose ettan (Bro) made nice, fantastic, awesome cheratta puttu with kadala curry (authentic kerala breaka) for us.

I suggest people to spend time at this place and have a nice time.

Room Tip: Krishna cottage opposite to the pool and near the badminton court.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenichira
Wayanad Blooms
The Wave Wayanad
#2 of 5 in Ambalavayal
Vythiri Village Resort
Kudajadri Drizzle Homestay

Been to Blooms Green Farm? Share your experiences!