“Good place to stay for a seasonal”
Review of Cenla Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spirit Lake
Cenla Campground
iowa
“Good place to stay for a seasonal”
Reviewed 13 June 2009

We like coming up to Cenla campgriund. It's a quiet campground and very relaxing. They do have rules but they aren't to hard to to abide by. They have a nice pool. They also have a nice dock and a nice place to clean fish. We enjoy coming here.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank sesonalcamper

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sioux City
Reviewed 7 June 2009

I felt like I was camping on the highway right behind the used car lot. Our site had a big mechanic shed (morton building) right next to it. My kids were unable to ride their skateboards or scooters due to the roads being gravel. They were asked very rudely to leave the pool since they didn't have an adult with them. I was on my way there just needed to go back and get some things to bring to the pool. We ended up not swimming at all then because the kids were upset at how they were treated. Did appreciate the laundry facilities though. Game room had all broken down games and signs everywhere that said they would not refund money if it was lost in their machines.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank MegSiouxCity
St. Paul
Reviewed 25 August 2008

This was my first stay at Cenla. It was okay. Liked- pool, lake,and site., Dislike- playground,rules,and didn't feel real welcomed.

I liked the pool,however I did not care for the hours of operation which were too short for summer evenings.( It closed at 6PM on Sun-Thurs.)

I liked the playground equipment but I very much disliked the rocks as the surface because I got 2 skinned knees which would not have happenend if the surface were sand.

I had a great time because I was with my family. We have camped at much better campgrounds and I don't think there would be any reason to return to Cenla.

From: Jane

• Liked — pool, cement slab
  • Disliked — hours of operation
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank puddingpot
Minnesota
Reviewed 7 July 2008

Very, very crabby staff. This campground has more rules than the military! I am not a party girl by any means but I do like to have a conversation. A man walks the park at night...spooky in itself, YES! He hates his job you can read it all over his face but he doesn't tolerate any quiet talking even. He actually asked a man to turn down a TV that was muted??? Yes...wild he couldn't have heard it but said this anyway.

It wasn't just this crabby walker....the pool closes at 6 p.m. The receptionist in the office is a "trip"...just overall not good from whatever angle you look at it.

This campground is for you if you don't like to talk and if you like to sleep in your camper your whole stay.

Stayed July 2008
5 Thank littledaisy_ar
Twin Cities
Reviewed 11 January 2008

We have stayed at Cenla Campground multiple times each stay a little worse than the previous. The amenities are adequate but average at best. Many campsites sit very near a busy highway, the playground is outdated and in need of repairs. The pool is nice as are the bathrooms and showers.

Don't let your kids go to the store unattended owner operators have little patience for children, or least the ones that do not belong to permanent sites. Customer service is below average complaints are dealt with confrontationally always ending with you will be asked to leave. Hopefully our experience is the exception.

The surrounding area is charming with a lot of fun things to do.

Made our last stay at Cenla.

• Liked — Pool, Location, and surrounding area
  • Disliked — Impersonal / angry service
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank MickeyMN
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed 23 March 2005

This spring will be our third stay at Cenla, and hopefully not our last. They have full hookups, inc. cable, the campground is clean, well-maintained and well-organized. They have laundry fac., pool, computer is available, fish cleaning station, playground,etc. You won't necessarily get the site you request, but we haven't yet been assigned anything unacceptable.

Cenla is convenient to hiking/biking trails, fishing, shopping and just abt. anything else you'd want or need. Our only regret is that, having to drive 4 hrs. we can't get there more often!

• Stayed May 2004
The Oakwood Inn
#1 of 2 in Spirit Lake
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Okoboji
Vintage Block Inn & Suites

Been to Cenla Campground? Share your experiences!