“gdoug”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Storm Lake
Reviewed 3 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
John R, General Manager at Super 8 Storm Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Reviewed 30 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 April 2014

When we travel, all we need and want is a place to sleep, a shower, and a cup of coffee in the morning. We don't need anything fancy and we didn't get anything fancy here. Upon pulling in the driveway, there wasn't anywhere to park to register and ended up pulling into a handicap space. The young man at the Front Desk was very nice, but had to go down the hall and come back to tell me where our room was located and that I could park anywhere along the front of the hotel. I don't know how many rooms are in the hotel but there were less than 20 parking spaces in the lot and I'm not sure that I even parked in one for the night. I was able to drive in, but to leaving in the morning, I was glad there were no other cars parked in the 3 spaces to my left or I would not have been able to get out. Our room was ok, the TV was a nice relic from 90's, the bed was not the most comfortable but I did get a couple hours of good sleep before being waken up every so often to shouting, banging and door knocking from rooms close to us. No need for an alarm clock, the commotion in the hallway will wake you up in the mornings, you can hear everything going outside your door just fine. One thing I like about the Wyndham chain is the cinnamon rolls in the morning. Granit we were late (8:00 am) getting down for breakfast and the only things left were a couple of blueberry cake donuts and a couple of rolls and waffles, but at least the donuts were fresh. I have stayed in worse Super 8's, at least this room was clean, but if we are in Storm Lake again, I will stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you get here early to get a parking space don't leave, you may not have it when you return.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I sincerely apologize for the problems you incurred during your visit; certainly it was not up to our standards. I see both you and your wife shared the same concerns on separate reviews.

Unfortunately, you were inconvenienced from the beginning by a fairly new desk clerk who was not scheduled to be alone that evening, and should not have been We do have parking and entrances on all sides of the building, in addition to where you were directed, and I regret that he did not make you aware of that. You were also inconvenienced by a large group that we had in house that night, and it is our failure to control them. I do hope if you return to Storm Lake you will give us another chance to prove our service standards, and I encourage you to contact me directly if your plans bring you our direction.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Clean lobby, friendly staff, excellent breakfast, comfortable room, 4th stay at this hotel due to estate business. Treated us like family!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

It is wonderful to hear from you. I am certainly pleased to hear we made you feel at home. It gives all of us a great pleasure to know we made someone’s experience special, and I will be certain to share your comments with the entire staff.

Hopefully we will see you again,

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here on Tuesday night, April 22. My first impression as we pulled in, was "Where do we park?" As a previous front desk supervisor for the SAME chain, but a different location, I was instantly put on guard because of this apparent lack of planning. While my husband went in to do the check-in process, I was taking note of the exterior and business surroundings. Being on the main drag of town, it was almost like this motel was "squeezed" into the location! Be that as it may, we proceeded up to our room. A small room by standards with an old tv - Wyndham properties went to flat screens several years ago - or atleast in MOST locations, they did. Being very weary from our day's travels, all we wanted was a comfortable bed and coffee! Coffee, yes...comfortable bed, not so much! If one likes sleeping on a hard surface, the carpeted floor would have been softer! Not sure when this particular motel was built, but when we could hear slamming doors and people talking several rooms away, it did not make for a good night's sleep. On a good ending note - the cinnamon rolls and blueberry donuts in the morning were very good!!!!

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on the highway side. It is too noisy and parking is difficult.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I sincerely apologize for the problems you incurred during your visit; certainly it was not up to our standards. I see both you and your husband shared the same concerns on separate reviews.

General Manager.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We traveled to Grandparent's Day and wanted to stay for program in evening. Stayed at Super 8. Great

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am pleased you found everything "great."

Reviewed 27 March 2014

#3 of 4 in Storm Lake
Lighthouse Inn
Lighthouse Inn
#2 of 2 in Storm Lake

Been to Super 8 Storm Lake? Share your experiences!