“Cancelled my room and still charged!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Storm Lake
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I booked a stay at the hotel and cancelled the next day. The lady on the phone was very nice and sent me a confirmation email about my cancelling and it stated no charge. Today I seen charges on my debit card. I then called the hotel and got a very rude male on the phone. He gave me attitude I didn't know the persons name that took my call the other day. I told him that I am sorry but I don't know the staff employed at the hotel. He said, "Well call back afternoon and the manager would be here". I asked him to please take a message and have him/her call me back when they could. He gave me another attitude remark and then I said please take a message this is your job! Waiting on manger to call me back!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The first room we were given was a double because its all they had, chair was on its side and the floor was filthy, phone didnt work so I went to complain and they give me a suite and it was equally filthy, it had a jacuzzi but because of the general shape of the room we was afraid to use it.The bathroom had a wet rag rolled up in the shower curtain and the toilet had a strand of clothe about 5 inches long hanging on the toilet. The pool was down and we slept on top of the bedding as we were afraid what might be under them. Too tired to travel we stayed. Do not stay here it would not pass state inspection where I live.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We arrived in the middle of the night after a long drive for a family reunion. I called ahead to make sure we'd have a king room and informed them we'd be checking in late. We arrived and they had no room for us, told us we could only have a double bed SMOKING room (we have a child, so that is unacceptable) w/ no air-conditioning. After about 20 minutes of the hotel clerk figuring out what he could do, they offered us the "King Suite" for the night. We got to our room and it was hot and damp -- A/C was not turned on (and it was a very hot/humid night in Iowa). My husband had to pull mattress of of frame and put near the window A/C so we could at least be a little cool while attempting to sleep. Carpet was dirty, wallpaper peeling off of walls, bathroom floor was sopping wet from condensation. We immediately called hotel across town (King's Pointe) to book a room. We would have left immediately if they would have had a room available that night. We ended up paying the same rate Buena Vista was charging at King's Pointe, only we got a clean room, hotel with restaurant and access to a water park. I would recommend this hotel to no one!

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay in any room at this hotel ever again, but if you choose to go, I guess make sure...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Runner_Girl_24
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Checked in this motel about an hour ago. The pool looks ok but there is NO whirlpool, NO sauna (unless that was the door with a padlock on it), no coffee maker in the room, no book in room that says wecome, where vending is, etc. Not even a phone book! Haven't found fitness room if there is one. Asked at desk if there were any brochures about the town or menus or ANYTHING & 2 very young girls told me no- nothing at all. Room seems clean enough except tub has ground in dirt so bad I'm sure it's been cleaned but just won't come out. Haven't tried tv or bed yet, but room is fairly spacious with small fridge- no microwave. A decent place to crash but the amenities on their website are fictional.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Initial day the pool area was closed-when asked reason the clerk only answered by saying it would reopen tomorrow at noon.
Room had no number. Bathroon fan didn't function but you could see it functioned at one time based on the amount of grime in the fan housing. Room repairs were poorly done with screw holes un patched, etc. Water was turned off on day two without any warning or notice--upon calling front desk, they said they had to shut it off for the construction work upstairs. Clerk wiped up an orange juice still by moving the rag abound with his foot--he did seem to know not to use the counter rag. Security doors were proped open on several occassions. Staff were improperly trained -- customer service skills in general poor. Collected room costs at checkin-said they would refund if left early. We left 1 day early, notified clerk at 10A and told her we would put a do not disturb sign on the door so the maid wouldn't clear while we went to a meeting. Went to checkout at around 12--clerk said she would not refund because we stayed beyond 11 AM. She said she would talk to the supervisor to see if he would approve a 50% refund. I have called back 3 times asking to speak to the supervisor (her supervisor is actually the registered rep listed at the IA Secretary of State Dept). No return call and no refund.
Will not return unless under different ownership.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank N P
Reviewed 10 October 2013

There was no hot water in the shower. Staff acted like we didn't know how to turn on the faucet. The manager asked us, "Is the problem that you want boiling hot water?" My reply, "No, I just don't want to take cold showers!" Finally, they checked the room next door, and it didn't have hot water either so we moved to a different room. If you are on the traffic side you have to listen to cars going over rumble strips; on the other side you're awakened by barking dogs from the animal clinic nearby. The last day we were out of the room from 10:00-3:30 but our room was not touched. When we complained we were treated rudely and told, "Well, the hotel was full. We've been busy." (That must mean they put someone in the the cold water rooms!) A call to the owner ended with him telling us if we weren't happy we just shouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank travelinggrandma73
Reviewed 26 July 2013

ROOM: light over bathroom sink was burnt out. Some items in the room looked as though they'd never been dusted. Bathroom smelled a bit mildewed & the bathroom door wouldn't close properly as the door stuck/scraped the tile.
POOL: looked nice, but apparently locked up & not usable
BREAKFAST: dirty kitchen area. Stale bread. Out of quite a few of the items, so could've used some attention there too.
OTHER: no working ice machine. Noisy in that you could hear everyone else's room doors slam as they went in/out at all hours. All in all, disappointed. Expected more from a small college town.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
#3 of 4 in Storm Lake
Lighthouse Inn
Lighthouse Inn
#2 of 2 in Storm Lake

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!