“Staff went above and beyond”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Story City
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Staff went above and beyond”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We went back for our nephew's high school graduation and we were lucky enough to stay at the Comfort Inn. They went above and beyond making sure everyone and took care of everyone in our party. The rooms were immaculate.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JSW731
Roy W, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank-you for choosing the Comfort Inn we so appreciate your kind words in regards to our hotel. Serving families like yours truly makes our jobs a great pleasure. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.

Sincerly
Roy Watson/GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hayesville
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I drive a pilot car for oversize loads. With large amount of wind farms in Iowa, I am here a lot. With the exception of the Super 8 at this same exit, I have always been impressed with the hotels and their staff in Iowa. This comfort Inn being another great stay. Rooms are clean, modern and have great beds and linens. The staff could not have been nicer and more helpful. My only regret I couldn't stay longer, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. You have no idea what it means to someone who has driven for 15 hours and is dead tired, to be quickly checked in and not have issues about a room. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again. I have a service dog, so the girl at the desk did her best to find me a room with easy access. It is those little extras that go a very long way

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Iris M
Roy W, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Wow.....Thank-you so much for your kind words in regards to your stay with us. We are happy we were able to meet all your needs while traveling through our community. We love serving our guest and ensuring they have a restful night sleep. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Sincerly,
Roy Watson/GM
Lake of Ozarks
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed overnight on a family trip to Canada. Room was clean and the bedding was very nice and comfortable. The only problem was that the heater/AC unit was an older model that did not have a digital temperature control. We had to run the AC all night to keep the room cool enough to sleep under the comforter without sweating. The breakfast was average for Comfort Inns. There are not very many restaurants in this area. We tried the Royal which the desk clerk recommended and it was not very good. If you are just looking for a good place to sleep at a good value this hotel is OK.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank billatlake
Roy W, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank-you for taking the time to review our property. I am so glad that you like our new bedding package many of our guest have purchased some to take home with them. I am truly sorry that you experiecned an issue with the AC unit we have replaced 1/3 of the units in the hotel since your stay. We have disposed of any units that were not working at 100%. It is feedback like yours that help us to better put our dollars where they most impact our guest. We look forward to serving you in the future. Again thank-you so much for your review.
Ohio
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We were in town for a wedding from 6/13-16th. Every staff member went out of their way to be friendly. Had a nice chat with The manager Roy and the breakfast attendant was beyond helpful sending my daughter with a to go box as we left. Room was clean and had a mini fridge and microwave. Pool and hot tub were a treat and had 2 party rooms within the pool area. There was a "seedy" outlet mall next door but we actually found great deals at VF store. Don't be afraid...check it out! Overall a great experience. You'll love This hotel.

Stayed June 2014
Roy W, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank-You so much for you review of our Hotel. I so appreciate your kind words. We strive to serve each of our guest like our own family and we are happy that you were pleased with our service. I hope that I get the opportunity to see you again next time you are in the area. Again thank -you for choosing us!!!
Willmar, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here for a business trip as I try to stay at places that I am program member. I was not recognized as a Choice Rewards Member which is no big deal but nice. The internet was spotty and seemed to be slow at some times. My biggest complaint with this property however was that this hotel is not completely smoke free and although I was in a smoke free room and there was not a hint of smoke in my room I did have to walk by 7 smoking rooms to get to my room and it reminded me of a casino. The other thing was that when I looked at my bill they nicked me for $1.50 safe charge. I hate that and most of the time they remove it when you complain, I would just rather find another property.

Room Tip: See if there is a complete non smoking floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mikreyn
Roy W, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
I am so sorry that we failed to recognize your Choice Rewards Membership with us, regular guest like you are what make our hotels succesfull and it is our normal policy to recognize every Choice Privelges Member at check-in and make sure all thier needs are being met. We are retraining our team at the front desk to ensure they understand how important this is. I also want to apologize about being on a smoking floor since your visit our vice-president of operations has made a visit t the property and we are currently working on an action plan to convert our property to a completly smoke free facility. In regards to the safes in the rooms we wll make sure we communicate better to our guest that this is an optional item and the charge can be removed at the guest request. My goal is to make sure every guest has a wonderful experience and we failed to do that for you I would like to find a way to make things up to you if you would be willing to reach out to me I would love the opportunity to earn your business back.
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 13 May 2014

What a nice stay with comfy beds, quality heating, good breakfast, friendly staff and receiving the rooms you requested! This staff went out of their way to make sure we were well cared for with my 93 year old mother needing a handicapped room and connecting with ours. I would not hesitate to stay here again or to recommend it. EVERY staff member we encountered asked if there was anything they could do for us. Thank you for being so attentive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Roy W, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
THANK-YOU so much for your kind words in regards to the staff and your recent stay with us. We truly love to serve people here and treat each guest as part of our family. I hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the future!
Osceola, Iowa
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Very nice place! The staff were excellent- very nice and professional! I was surprised to see that the pool was open until 11pm which was very welcomed (we had been moving friends all afternoon & evening and the spa was very relaxing). I was pleased to see that there was a bathroom with a shower located in the pool area also. Comfortable bed and pillows. The breakfast was simple, but good. The breakfast attendant did an excellent job keeping everything stocked. We will be back to stay!

Room Tip: If you do not plan on using the room safe, tell the desk person upon check in, it will save you a fe...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mark641
Roy W, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank-you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our property. I am glad my staff were able to meet all your needs while you where here. We strive to serve people as we do our own family.......we look foward to the opportunity to serve you next time you are in the area. Again thank-you so much for your business.

Roy Watson/General Manager
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames
Econo Lodge Ames
Econo Lodge Ames
#14 of 20 in Ames

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!