US$77
US$100
US$108
Travelocity
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsroom was cleansmall townlong road tripmajor complaintbreakfast areades moineswafflesexcellent place to staynice poolstaff was very friendly and helpfuldecent breakfasthotel staynice propertyenjoyed our stayno elevatorlobbyinterstate
Reviewed 21 March 2013

The first night we stayed here we got the jacuzzi suite! It was awesome, at least to us since it was the first one we have ever stayed in. The only thing I wish would have been available to us was some kind of soap or bubble bath bubbles. The fireplace was a nice touch to the room although I never did figure out how to work it. I should have asked the front desk but I never thought about that. But during check out she explained you have to flip the switch on the wall and open the little panel underneath and switch it on. DUH I should have thought of that! The hot tub was nice as was the pool but the best part was the sauna. It was small but it did what it was supposed to. I grew up using saunas at my mom's family's so it was like a comfort of home. The staff was very nice and helpful especially when I checked out and came back an hour later to check back in because we had to stay another night. The second night we stayed in a double room which was just your run of the mill room (no microwave or fridge like the suite had). Breakfast was good they had waffles, sausage links, cereal, pastries, oatmeal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and fruit. It was fully stocked both mornings and was never really that busy so that was nice. The only major complaint I have with this hotel is that when you pay with your debit/credit card they charge an extra $50 a night incase of damages and you don't get it back for 7-10 days depending on your bank and damages. Thankfully we didn't damage anything but it is kind of an inconvenience to have to wait a week to get our $100 back. I don't remember the other AmericInn that we stayed in doing that so it might just be this location. If we ever stayed in this area again I would stay here and recommend to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

After a terrific stay at my first Americinn in Laramie Wyoming, I was enthusiastic about trying others in the chain. So when we found ourselves in Iowa we decided to stay in the Stuart Iowa
Inn. This particular inn was a bit better than a Super 8, but less than a Comfort Inn. I was rather disappointed. Happy that pets are accepted which is a huge plus right off the bat. The fire place wasn't lit in the lobby despite nasty weather outside . The desk and service were friendly and helpful. If the room hasn't been so clean, I would have probably would have moved on to another place. Another downside is the food services in the area (certainly not the fault of the inn), but there were only fast food joints....nothing remotely healthy.
The bedding was slightly above average to let's say a Super 8. The decor and furnishings were the same as a Super 8....basic.
The breakfast was pretty pathetic..... Cereal/waffles/ a few gray sausage links and muffins. I was underwhelmed.
Recap~
Pluses of this inn are: super clean/accepts pets/friendly staff.
Minus: value/location/food services/breakfast/decor
I would only return here in a pinch.
And a note to other guests traveling with your pets....CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR PET! There was poop in the snow right by the back exit door. You give responsible pet owners a bad name and make it harder for other establishments to find reasons to accept pets.
Safe travels to all!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 18 December 2012

The staff went out of their way to accommodate my needs. The night clerk gave me the end room, opened my door, and held the back door open so that I could get my sleeping child in the back door, the cleaning lady returned money that she found after I had checked out of the room, and the day clerk led me out through traffic construction. The hotel was nice, comfortable and clean. The hot tub was heaven. I will go out of my way to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We were travelling on I-80 back from the Rocky Mountains, looking for a clean quiet affordable place to spend the night. This was perfect for us for a night. We did get one of the last available rooms that night and they filled up shortly after us, and we had stopped about 8pm on a Thursday. I think this is a popular place due to its location on I-80, so we'd recommend stopping maybe by 8pm or so at least, to be sure of a room if you don't have reservations. Not a bad idea to call ahead. Great place to stay, we recommend it. We saw a lot of people enjoying the pool, but we were too tired to check it out ourselves. I liked watching the sunset from our 2nd floor bedroom window, over the fields behind the hotel. The beds were comfortable, I don't think we stirred all night, but we were pretty tired from driving all day. We enjoyed the hotel's breakfast in the morning. We'd recommend this place to anyone to stay.

If you're interested in history, the town of Stuart is known for the little downtown First National Bank, which is now a different business, but was known for being the last bank that Bonnie & Clyde robbed. There is a big painted sign on the 2nd floor window that states this. It's worth a side trip to the downtown area to see the bank on the corner if you like history, we saw it in the morning before leaving town.

Room Tip: We were happy with our room on the back on the second floor, nice view of the sunset over the fields, quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank atravellermidwest
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Convient location and priced right. Service staff very friendly and helpful. Only knock on this location is that it was noisy which is unusual given that one of their main pitches is their unique building system which supposedly guarantees quiet.

Room Tip: Few restaurants nearby.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family