“Rustic, Charming, Friendly”

The Buxted Inn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Buxted B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 May 2014

A welcoming little inn where the people are friendly and charming. Upon arrival, the check-in was as simple as sign up and I was on my way to my room.

The room is small with attached bathroom but it does not feel cramped. The amenities were simple, but efficient. The room is very well organized, neatly made up everyday and welcoming me back after a long day of work.

Breakfast (full English) was fantastic and the night dinner was decent with a wide variety. The servers were very friendly and everyone went with their first name. It was very pleasant. It also had a full bar frequented by locals and fans alike.

Another I like was the train station which was just like less than a minute way. I took the daily train between Buxted and Uckfield, and got things well accomplished in this business visit.

I definitely would like to experience Buxted again in my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
The Buxted Inn B, Owner at The Buxted Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor of your recent stay at The Buxted Inn.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the facilities met your needs and expectations.
I will pass on your comments to the relevant staff members in our weekly team meeting.
From all the team at The Buxted Inn we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Buxted Inn at the last minute in May 2014. The staff where excellent and nothing was too much trouble. Had a drink in the bar at night and for a Monday the bar/restaurant was busy But intrusive. Lovely clean and modern room and a good nights sleep. Great breakfast! Well recommended!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor of your recent visit to The Buxted Inn.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us; your comments will be passed onto the relevant team members at our weekly team meeting.
The rooms were renovated 2 years ago, with the redevelopment of the bar and restaurant soon to follow in 2015.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Buxted Inn in the near future
Kind regards

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Cant fault anything. Stayed with my boys and we were all made very welcome. will be our first choice if staying near their again. The hotel owner even gave my boys a gift. Didn't eat in the restaurant but the breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: Great location to location.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
The Buxted Inn B, Owner at The Buxted Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on tripadvisor from your recent visit.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were made to feel very welcome. I will pass your comments onto the team at our weekly meeting.

I hope they liked the Easter eggs, and didn’t eat them all at once.
On behalf of The Buxted Inn team we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Price-Quality, Definitely one of the best hotels I have stayed in the UK. Very modern rooms, friendly staff and decent food. One negative remark. I Send an e-mail to ask if I lost something in my room, but never got an answer back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gertg1880271
The Buxted Inn B, Owner at The Buxted Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip advisor regarding your recent stay with us The Buxted Inn.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and your comments will be passed onto our team at our weekly team meeting. Regarding the email, we tried to contact you via email numerous times however the email kept bouncing back, we do apologise for this. A member of my team also tried to call you in regards to your email but had no reply.
We thank you again for your feedback and hope to welcome you back to The Buxted Inn again.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed over for the night as we were attending a wedding at Buxted Park. The staff were wonderful. Could not have been any nicer! They were friendly, professional, efficient and everyone we met was the same! The rooms were spotless, luxurious and very comfortable. They have paid attention to detail, ipod docks, safes, extra pillows and a fan!
I can't recommend it enough. The breakfast was great value and plentiful too. We were very impressed with our stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
The Buxted Inn B, Owner at The Buxted Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us last weekend.
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our staff, your comments will be passed on at our weekly team meeting, and will be much appreciated.
The rooms were redesigned and regenerated 2 years ago, with the bar and restaurant currently in the planning stages to be redeveloped for 2015.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2014

First of all can I say a big thank you to management and staff who were so understanding and kind to us. Our stay was a last minute booking to visit my husband's brother in hospital who sadly passed away while we were there. It was comforting to be treated with such genuine kindness.
This is one of the best B & B's we have stayed in - modern and finished to a very high standard. Comfortable bed, good quality bedding, lovely huge bath sheets, individually controlled radiator and heated towel rail, ipod docking station and a laptop safe. Everywhere was spotlessly clean.
Dinner was 100% - beautifully cooked and presented. Breakfast was equally as good and plentiful.
We were told that it is still an ongoing project and we can see it is being done sympathetically and with love and attention to detail. We hope to visit again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed here for one night & the rooms are luxurious, as are the bathrooms & fittings. Only criticism is the very badly lit & pot holed car park, making it dangerous to walk when you can't see! The breakfast was lovely & the restaurant menu looked good but rather pricey. Seems to be a popular place on a Saturday night. I do suggest they light up the car park & fill in the pot holes to make it safer for guests.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buxted
Buxted Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Haywards Heath
Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel
Crowne Plaza Felbridge Hotel
#2 of 4 in East Grinstead

Been to The Buxted Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!