“Welcoming and modern hotel”

The Buxted Inn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Buxted B&B and Inns
london
“Welcoming and modern hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed overnight here, and was given a spacious room with a huge king sized bed in it - maybe no other room was available, it seemed a bit silly for one person. The room was pleasantly modern, and simply furnished in muted colours. There was a great bathroom with a roomy shower cabinet. My usual bugbear - no comfortable chair to sit in - just the chair at the desk. But plenty of extras like the ipod dock, flat screen TV, and a comfortable bed. If there is one thing that is wrong it is the noise from other doors which are self closing and bad loudly. Last thing at night and first thing in the morning this was a bit unbearable. Otherwise the room was very quiet and you couldn't hear noise from the other rooms. Once everyone was in their rooms I had a quiet night's sleep. Breakfast was good - it is £8.50 but beautifully presented and with an unusual choce including kippers and toasted sandwiches as well as the full English. The coffee really could be improved! But all in all, this is a pleasant welcoming experience. I didn't eat in the restaurant apart from breakfast but it looked good.

Room Tip: The road outside the hotel is quite busy and close, -you might want to check where the room was.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank bowbelle
The Buxted Inn B, Owner at The Buxted Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor of your recent visit.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at The Buxted Inn. With reference to noise from other doors, we are required by law and fire regulations to have self-locking doors and sorry that this was an inconvenience.
All of our food is sourced locally and cooked to a high standard so I am very pleased you enjoyed our wide variety of breakfast options.
From all the team at The Buxted Inn we look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind Regards
Jason Bailey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Thornham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Great place to eat, relax, sleep and drink, not necessarily in that order.
The place has 2 distinguishing features:-
Not only are the staff very competent, but they also have their own distinctive characters making them individuals.
The breakfast! £8.50 each gives you waitress served, cooked to order, locally sourced Full English plus choices of fruit, yoghurt, porridge, cold cuts, cheese etc. Amazing value!
It also has a terrace, admittedly not the finest view in the world, but around 6.30, morning and evening, you can see blue suited commute/ lemmings rushing headlong to or back from The City!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
The Buxted Inn B, Owner at The Buxted Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Buxted Inn,
Our staff are all trained to a high standard and aim to please, providing the best possible service.
All our food is locally sourced, including all the items available on our breakfast menu.
From all of The Buxted Inn team we hope to welcome you back again in the near future
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

A welcoming little inn where the people are friendly and charming. Upon arrival, the check-in was as simple as sign up and I was on my way to my room.

The room is small with attached bathroom but it does not feel cramped. The amenities were simple, but efficient. The room is very well organized, neatly made up everyday and welcoming me back after a long day of work.

Breakfast (full English) was fantastic and the night dinner was decent with a wide variety. The servers were very friendly and everyone went with their first name. It was very pleasant. It also had a full bar frequented by locals and fans alike.

Another I like was the train station which was just like less than a minute way. I took the daily train between Buxted and Uckfield, and got things well accomplished in this business visit.

I definitely would like to experience Buxted again in my next trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
The Buxted Inn B, Owner at The Buxted Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor of your recent stay at The Buxted Inn.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the facilities met your needs and expectations.
I will pass on your comments to the relevant staff members in our weekly team meeting.
From all the team at The Buxted Inn we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Buxted Inn at the last minute in May 2014. The staff where excellent and nothing was too much trouble. Had a drink in the bar at night and for a Monday the bar/restaurant was busy But intrusive. Lovely clean and modern room and a good nights sleep. Great breakfast! Well recommended!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor of your recent visit to The Buxted Inn.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us; your comments will be passed onto the relevant team members at our weekly team meeting.
The rooms were renovated 2 years ago, with the redevelopment of the bar and restaurant soon to follow in 2015.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Buxted Inn in the near future
Merseyside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Cant fault anything. Stayed with my boys and we were all made very welcome. will be our first choice if staying near their again. The hotel owner even gave my boys a gift. Didn't eat in the restaurant but the breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: Great location to location.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
The Buxted Inn B, Owner at The Buxted Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on tripadvisor from your recent visit.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were made to feel very welcome. I will pass your comments onto the team at our weekly meeting.

I hope they liked the Easter eggs, and didn’t eat them all at once.
On behalf of The Buxted Inn team we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,
Wommelgem, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Price-Quality, Definitely one of the best hotels I have stayed in the UK. Very modern rooms, friendly staff and decent food. One negative remark. I Send an e-mail to ask if I lost something in my room, but never got an answer back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank gertg1880271
The Buxted Inn B, Owner at The Buxted Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip advisor regarding your recent stay with us The Buxted Inn.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and your comments will be passed onto our team at our weekly team meeting. Regarding the email, we tried to contact you via email numerous times however the email kept bouncing back, we do apologise for this. A member of my team also tried to call you in regards to your email but had no reply.
We thank you again for your feedback and hope to welcome you back to The Buxted Inn again.
Kind regards,
mona28
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed over for the night as we were attending a wedding at Buxted Park. The staff were wonderful. Could not have been any nicer! They were friendly, professional, efficient and everyone we met was the same! The rooms were spotless, luxurious and very comfortable. They have paid attention to detail, ipod docks, safes, extra pillows and a fan!
I can't recommend it enough. The breakfast was great value and plentiful too. We were very impressed with our stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
The Buxted Inn B, Owner at The Buxted Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us last weekend.
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our staff, your comments will be passed on at our weekly team meeting, and will be much appreciated.
The rooms were redesigned and regenerated 2 years ago, with the bar and restaurant currently in the planning stages to be redeveloped for 2015.
Kind Regards,
Jason Bailey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buxted
Buxted Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Haywards Heath
The Forge
The Forge
#1 of 1 in Halland

Been to The Buxted Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!