“The best small hotel ever”

The Buxted Inn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Buxted B&B and Inns
Watford, United Kingdom
“The best small hotel ever”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed 3 nights. What a fantastic find. Superb staff, food and drink. If anyone needs to learn how to run a hotel, take a look at Jason and his team in action. Will definitely be staying there again if we "do" Sussex again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
The Buxted Inn B, Owner at The Buxted Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at The Buxted Inn.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found myself and my team to meet and exceed your expectations.
From all the team here at The Buxted Inn we look forward to welcoming you back if you do decide to venture back to Sussex.
Jason Bailey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We booked into this lovely hotel for 3 nights to revisit the Sussex countryside and visit some relatives in the area. On arrival Jason, the owner, made a point of introducing himself to us and making us feel welcome. The room exceeded expectations - especially the shower and the heated mirror in the bathroom - a simple but effective idea! The staff were extremely friendly and attentive and the food was superb. Jason has definitely put a lot of thought into making his hotel the best possible and I can't recommend The Buxted Inn Hotel enough!

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at The Buxted Inn.
I am delighted to hear that you found the team and myself to be welcoming and attentive. I will pass these comments onto them at our weekly team meeting.
All of the 8 rooms were renovated and redesigned 3 years ago so I am pleased that they met and exceeded your expectations. I found that the little things make a big difference, so attention to detail was very important to me.
From all of the team at The Buxted Inn, we look forward to welcoming you back.
West Midlands
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We've just got home from our son's wedding, staying at The Buxted Inn for 2 nights, along with 10 other family members. This hotel is without doubt the most welcoming and comfortable we have ever stayed in. Nothing was too much trouble and Jason and his team were on hand for every eventuality, including catering for octogenarians who needed quite a bit of looking after. If ever we need to stay in this area, The Buxted Inn will be our first port of call!

Room Tip: Any...just fabulous!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
I am delighted to hear that you felt welcomed and comfortable during your stay. My team are trained to a high standard and aim to make your experience with us as enjoyable as possible.
From all of The Buxted Inn team we look forward to welcoming you back.
Narberth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

What a find the Buxted we were attending a wedding nearby and stayed 3 nights lovely bright room fantastic modern shower (didnt want to get out) very friendly staff and so helpful all the facilities you need and the boss is really helpful and very good at puttting you at your ease.Definately would stay again when in the area as the train station is very close and the taxi cabs are very good value for money

Room Tip: back rooms are quieter but all rooms nicely decorated
1 Thank Gwyneth J
The Buxted Inn B, Owner at The Buxted Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Buxted Inn and that all the facilities met your expectations and needs.
All of my staff are trained to a high standard so I am pleased that you found them helpful and friendly.
From all the staff we look forward to welcoming you back to The Buxted Inn,
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I usually stay at large chain, soul-less and face-less hotels on my many business travels - this time I needed somewhere close to Crowborough for 2 nights and thought I'd try something a little different to be closer to where I needed to be - I'm so pleased I did! As I write this review I am still at The Buxted Inn, sitting on the terrace, watching the world go by and washing down my evening meal with a glass of Prosecco whilst listening to the banter of the friendly locals - how refreshing!
Easy check-in late on a Sunday night and with a very warm welcome. The room was fabulous - beautifully decorated with a super comfy bed and THE most amazing shower! Lots of modern touches, complimentary water, tea/coffee in the room etc and easy separate access from the pub, so you're not confined to your room when the pub is closed.
The breakfast was superb and excellent value for the quality and choice available. I also ate in the restaurant which had a wide choice of menu and nothing was too much trouble for the wonderful waitress - the food is simply delicious!
If I am called to a meeting in this area again, I will DEFINITELY book at The Buxted Inn - even if I have to drive a little further to get where I need to be!

Room Tip: Rooms to the side and back may be a little quieter if you like to sleep with an open window and don...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at The Buxted Inn.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to change your perception of the individual B&B’s. I am glad they you were able to take the time to enjoy and relax on our terrace and “watch the world go by” as you said.
All of our rooms were refurbished 3years ago and I am so pleased that they met your expectations and requirements.
All of our food is locally sourced and cooked to order, so I am very pleased you enjoyed our wide variety of breakfast options.
From all of us here at The Buxted Inn we look forward to welcoming you back again,
Kind regards
Birmingham, UK
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for a night as a friend was getting married. Perfectly fine modern room with more than we were expecting (tea, coffee, hot chocolate and mineral water, kettle and a fan!). And a super comfortable bed - nice and supportive/hard which is how I like them. The only downside was that we were expecting a double and got two single beds (I guess because it was busy?) and the lawnmower shop next door was a bit clangy in the morning but we were all ear plugged up anyway so that was fine. Friendly staff, good food (although a bit slow). I'd come back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor of your recent visit to The Buxted Inn.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and found that the facilities met and exceeded your expectations.
On behalf of The Buxted Inn team I do apologise for the mix up with your room, and take full responsibility for that mistake. If you stay with us again we hope to amend and improve your opinions of us from your previous stay.
From all the team here at The Buxted Inn we look forward to seeing you again in the future
Kind regards
london
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed overnight here, and was given a spacious room with a huge king sized bed in it - maybe no other room was available, it seemed a bit silly for one person. The room was pleasantly modern, and simply furnished in muted colours. There was a great bathroom with a roomy shower cabinet. My usual bugbear - no comfortable chair to sit in - just the chair at the desk. But plenty of extras like the ipod dock, flat screen TV, and a comfortable bed. If there is one thing that is wrong it is the noise from other doors which are self closing and bad loudly. Last thing at night and first thing in the morning this was a bit unbearable. Otherwise the room was very quiet and you couldn't hear noise from the other rooms. Once everyone was in their rooms I had a quiet night's sleep. Breakfast was good - it is £8.50 but beautifully presented and with an unusual choce including kippers and toasted sandwiches as well as the full English. The coffee really could be improved! But all in all, this is a pleasant welcoming experience. I didn't eat in the restaurant apart from breakfast but it looked good.

Room Tip: The road outside the hotel is quite busy and close, -you might want to check where the room was.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank bowbelle
The Buxted Inn B, Owner at The Buxted Inn Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor of your recent visit.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at The Buxted Inn. With reference to noise from other doors, we are required by law and fire regulations to have self-locking doors and sorry that this was an inconvenience.
All of our food is sourced locally and cooked to a high standard so I am very pleased you enjoyed our wide variety of breakfast options.
From all the team at The Buxted Inn we look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind Regards
Jason Bailey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buxted
Buxted Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Haywards Heath
The Forge
The Forge
#1 of 1 in Halland

Been to The Buxted Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!