“Friendly service and tasty lunch”
Review of The White Hart

The White Hart
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Buxted
Price range: US$7 - US$36
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A Country Pub serving the very best of locally sourced produce from within the County. Menus changed monthly with an entire focus on quality dishes served in a relaxed atmosphere. Beautiful beer garden to the rear of the pub and seating front and back. Family and dog friendly pub. A private Dining area with seating for up to fifty people is available, please call for details.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We only stopped in for a quick bite and were impressed with the quality of of our food and the service was prompt and friendly. The salmon fishcake was particularly worth a mention.

Tyrone F, General Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time in giving us your review. Its only with feed-back are we able to strive in exceeding expectations at all levels in customer service and food quality.

I am so very pleased that your experience at The White Hart was overall a good one. The staff here always try an exceed expectations and will be delighted when I pass on your comments.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We visited the White Hart in Buxted on the 27th April for our daughter's birthday. Our daughter is disabled and has been very ill over the past year so it was supposed to be a special treat.
We booked for Sunday lunch at least two months before her birthday and were told it was necessary to pre-book the menu for our party as, at nine people, we were told ours were a 'large group', which we gladly did. We rang prior to tell them the mains and desserts we wanted and to ask whether it was okay if my daughter and another member of our party could have fillet steak and were told that this would be fine. However, when we took the birthday cake over on Friday 25th, we were told that the menu had been changed as the 'chef always uses seasonal produce' and several members of our party would have to have different sweets from the ones ordered. On the Saturday, we received a telephone call to say that I needed to pre-book which I told them I had the day before.
When we arrived on the Sunday, we were informed that we would be seated on two separate tables, five of us on a round table and the remaining for on a small square table pushed in at an angle. Another party of six were seated on a long rectangular table which could have been easily pushed together with the smaller square for use, leaving the round one free for the smaller group. Instead we were left with half our group seated almost back to back.
After our main course, we were told that the lemon posset that some of our party ordered had sold out the night before although after informing the waitress that one of our party had a wheat allergy and none of the other desserts were suitable for her, she did manage to find one.
While clearing the dishes for the main course, the waitress spilt mustard all down my blouse which stained it. The head waitress briskly told us 'accidents happen' and said they would replace it if I had the receipt which I don't as the garment was bought several months ago. Her whole attitude was incredibly rude.
When we'd finished our meal, we were given a bill with another table's meals as well as our own.
The food at the White Hart is truly very good and the head barman was very helpful but the remaining staff, especially the older brunette waitress, were slow, rude and desperately need training properly.

Tyrone F, General Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

The White Hart prides itself on welcoming all reviews be them positive or other, its only with honest genuine feedback are we able to move forward and exceed in expectations.

Our front of house staff have many years experience within multi Rosette and award winning businesses throughout the UK. They are diligent and professional at all times as is demonstrated by many comments other have made prior about their performance.

The White Hart will continue to exceed expectations at all levels and deliver excellent service.

We will continue to let others be the final judge of how we perform.

The White Hart

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The crew at the White Hart have obviously put a lot of effort into their new venture and with excellent results. We were treated with great hospitaliy from beginning to end, they were child friendly providing a wooden seat and the food was terrific. The chef definately knew how to cook serving pink beef in my roast meal and my wife thoroughly enjoyed the rissotto. Buxted are very lucky to now have two superb pub/restaurants within 200 metres of each other. If I had to chose between the White Hart and the Buxted Inn, I would chose the White Hart as I felt much more relaxed and I can't remember enjoying a roast as much for a long time. Well done staff and chef.

1  Thank Jay J
Tyrone F, General Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you for giving the time to write your review. Its only with genuine feed-back are we able to strive in exceeding expectations at all levels in customer service and food quality.

I am very happy to hear about your recent visit and will gladly pass on your comments to both the front and back of house teams.

With Thanks

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Went here last night for my mums birthday meal and was impressed with the food & service. Had scallops (which were delicious and perfectly cooked) and steak (which was more to the medium than medium/rare but the quality of the meat was soooo good it was delicious). Every one elses meal looked lovely (I got food envy with the Plaice main course) and all enjoyed the meal.
Will definetely be going back.

1  Thank Jonathan L
Tyrone F, General Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

With Thanks

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I visited with 2 family members today. Following my last review when my son and I greatly enjoyed a delicious Sunday lunch, I felt a little disappointed today. I had battered cod and chips. The batter was delicious, the cod good but the chips were not crisp and therefore not good. My lemon posset was fair, a little too firm and solid. My nephew and his partner found their meals acceptable but not outstanding which was a shame after my glowing recommendation

Tyrone F, General Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

I am sorry to hear your visit wasn't as good as your last. I do remember speaking to you and it was myself that cleared your main courses. I did ask you at the time if everything was alright and you told me it was?? It is important to give feed-back when asked at the time so as to be able to address and deal with the any issue promptly. However I have spoken to the kitchen about your comments and they have taken them onboard.

I do hope to see you again soon where I am sure we can exceed your expectations yet again.

The White Hart Buxted