“Amazing Italian in the heartland!”

Mama Lacona's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 93 Restaurants in Urbandale
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Everything was delicious! No complaints! Will go again the next time we visit! Loved the variety of the food on the menu. Was hard to decide. Big portions, served hot, fast service, friendly staff. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

You can feel the family connections as soon as you walk in. Everyone is warm and cordial. We were well-taken care of for an early dinner. There are several different seating areas, so if you aren't comfortable where they're taking you, ask for a different table/booth.
Food was homemade Italian, very authentic tasting and quite plentiful. Everyone ordered a different meal and everyone was pleased with their food. We all shared one order of the cannoli for dessert - do NOT miss this tasty treat! AND by the way, the prices are very reasonable especially considering the generous portions.
We'll be back to try their Sunday brunch.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We often to Mama Laconas they have great Pizza. Their service lately has been on the lower end of the scale. But beware of Brunch, normally 15$ but on Mothers Day they up the price to 22.90 and added some shrimp to the buffet. I do not mind paying that if the food is good. However everything but the chicken and soup was cold and the bottom of my soup bowl was gum ,,, yum yum.On the buffet they had deserts which one of they employees was pawing with his hands and moving to other plates (not sure that is sanitary) I pointed that out to a server she laughed. On my way out I let the owner know that I normally like to say something positive and I know it was a very busy day, he did nothing. Mostly just disappointed with the very cold food and not owner not even trying to make it right.

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Sunday brunch starts at 10:30. A lot of lunch and breakfast options to choose from. All very fresh and warm food. I would recommend this but be prepared it is a tad pricey. $16 + extra for drinks for brunch.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My wife and I ate dinner there tonight and neither of us was terribly impressed. Mama Lacona's is supposed to be an Italian restaurant, but they mostly serve basic American foods. The service was less than par, with the waiter disappearing for over 15 minutes without ever checking back with us.

My wife had the lasagna and she said it was okay, but not something that should be costing as much as it did. I had the Scampi, because the menu said "with our special and secret Scampi sauce". It was neither special or secret. Plan drawn butter with garlic and perhaps some rosemary in it too. The pasta was overcooked and overall it was okay, but for the price they charge it should have been so much better.