“Poor internet”

Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Urbandale
“Poor internet”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Sometimes the quality of paid internet service is very bad: the speed is slow and the connection breaks every few minutes. For example, while I was writing this short review I lost connections twice for a few minutes.
It makes it really difficult to use this hotel internet for work or streaming.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Joseph G
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that our wireless internet connection was not working properly during your stay. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with our wireless internet provider to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at dmu@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Clean room with a full kitchen, Free Wi-Fi available, and all in a room that didn't feel cramped. We skipped the breakfast so I can't comment on that except that it was available. Staff was friendly. I arrived 15 minutes early for check in and was looking for a public restroom in the lobby after my long drive. They didn't have one, but let me go ahead and check in. We only stayed one night, but would have been very comfortable there for an extended stay.

Room Tip: We were on the SE corner, but on the 2nd floor. Even though we had a room above and below us we had...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carrie K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Carrie - We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room and our friendly staff. We are also glad you appreciated our free Wi-Fi and fully equipped kitchens.

We would like to thank you again for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Staff is super friendly, especially Kari; rooms are very clean and spacious. It's very quiet here unlike other hotels. The beds are so comfortable and the internet is fast too. I stayed in a Value Place for a little while and it was HORRIBLE, so I'm thankful I changed to Extended Stay. MUCH better!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are glad to hear that you found your room to be clean, comfortable, and spacious. We are also pleased that you enjoyed our free Wi-Fi. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was awful. Headaches, nausea, rancid smoke smell, bad, bad, bad. I would not stay here again as you get a hotel room to get a good night's rest, not to lay awake hating every minute of your stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dean - We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are very disappointed to hear that we were not able to accommodate your non-smoking room request. Please accept our apologies. We will be working with our staff to make sure we are accommodating our guests to the best of our abilities.

Thank you again for your comments; they will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us at dmu@extendedstay.com. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I called to request a non-smoking room because I am allergic and the desk clerk was very rude and told me she could not do anything more than notate my "preference" because I booked through a 3rd party site. Who I booked the room through shouldn't matter. I AM ALLERGIC, which means if I can't get a non-smoking room when I arrive I've wasted a ton of money because I'll have to find another more accommodating and friendly hotel.

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry to hear that our staff did not provide you with quality service. We will review your feedback with our staff to make sure we are always accommodating our guests to the best of our abilities.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at dmu@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Julian, California
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Things got off to a bad start when the desk clerk could not check us in properly due to a computer issue, and we had to leave my credit card at the front desk, which made me very uncomfortable. When we got to our room, it was far less than clean. Sticky counters, stains, a ton of dog hair on the carpet - YUCK! I had to spend the first 1/2 hour cleaning our room. That evening the fire alarms in every hotel room went off. Ugh. The beds were comfortable enough, and it was nice to have a laundry room for guests to use, but I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: I would stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that it was difficult to check-in to our hotel and that your room was unclean upon arrival. To uphold our company's high standards, I am working with our staff to better our check-in process and improve our cleaning services moving forward.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at DMU@extendedstay.com. I am pleased to hear you did like our guest laundry. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Somewhat outdated for supposed to be new! TV channels are 32 analog channels of what I would say is basic cable. Served its purpose but the West DesMoines property is by far a
better value. Toliet clogged up however luckily I was checking out. Was noisier than I expected. The room below me (I was on the third floor) left their TV on all night so it was a little hard to sleep.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank rlwallen
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the maintenance issues in your room. I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback regarding our TV channel lineup is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel.

If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly at dmu@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbandale
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Urbandale/Des Moines
#9 of 48 in Des Moines
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Des Moines Urbandale
TownePlace Suites Des Moines Urbandale
Hilton Garden Inn Des Moines/Urbandale

Been to Extended Stay America - Des Moines - Urbandale? Share your experiences!