Modern Motel
US$95
US$74
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Days Inn & Suites Cedar Rapids(Cedar Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$62
Comfort Inn & Suites(Independence)
US$95
US$84
ComfortInn
Comfort Inn & Suites(Cedar Rapids)
US$81
US$68
ComfortInn
Residence Inn Cedar Rapids(Cedar Rapids)
US$111
US$94
US$92
Agoda.com
Rodeway Inn(Cedar Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$59
US$105
US$96
US$94
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The people were very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean. The only issue I had was there were dogs barking all day and most of nthe night-they may have belonged to people living close by, I'm not sure. But overall I was happy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 30 July 2014

On July17th my friend and I took a trip to Vinton, Ia. to visit my family. For almost 50 years I have stayed at the Modern Motel when I went "home". I have seen several owners and have never had a bad host or hostess. The young man that greeted us when we arrived was warm and professional. We went to our room, which had been updated since I was last there, it was clean and comfortable. This is not a fancy motel but we wanted for nothing. It was quiet and right next door to an amazing little ice cream shop. If ever in Vinton, Ia. and need a room give them a try, if you want fancy you won't get it there but you will get clean, comfortable lodging at a very fair price. Oh, and be sure to get your ice cream before you retire, you won't regret that at all.

Room Tip: I don't think they have a bad room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathy122012
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I really liked this place. Very pet friendly, which is important as I stayed 2 nights. Lots of room for walking the dogs. Rooms are clean. I would stay here again. Room I was in was a little tight, but it is an older building; I wasn't expecting a 5 star motel.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable and clean. Newly updated & pet friendly. It was very cost effecient & they gave me a discounted rate for extended stay. I would certainly stay there again if the need arose. The owner was very friendly & I loved my room!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Rusty W, Owner at Modern Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for your review of Modern Motel. My commitment to improving Modern Motel is never finished.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The staff was nice, but this place is a dump. Newly renovated must have only brought it into the 1970s, because everything is old, musty, and dated looking. No amenities at all except the pizza hut across the street. Go further down the street, trust me.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Rusty W, Owner at Modern Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for your review of Modern Motel. I recently purchased Modern Motel in December 2013. The property had undergone extensive remodeling on the exterior by the prior owner. I have been focusing on the interior. My commitment to the name "Modern Motel" is never finished. The list of improvements include a new Motel sign, new website with online reservations, flat screen LED televisions, vertical blinds, bedspreads, pillows, and shower curtains in all rooms. We are and always will be striving for "Modern".