“My usual place for business stays in the area”

Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Waterloo
Rogers, Arkansas
“My usual place for business stays in the area”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

It's a great rate, large room, and awesome shower with a bench. I stay here anytime I'm in the area on business.

Buffet breakfast doesn't open until 7 so if you need to get out early, plan to hit the drive thru at McD's or Panera down on San Maren.

Free wifi (which is unusual at casinos) and if you let the desk know at check in that you won't need housekeeping during your stay, you will get $10 of free casino play.

• Stayed April 2013
IsleCasinoWT, Digital Marketing Manager at Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
We're so thrilled by your title! Thank you for repeatedly choosing us as your preferred hotel in Waterloo. You also provided a great tip for guests by mentioning our "Go Green" initiative and the free WiFi. We look forward to providing you with many more great experiences!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bennett, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 10 April 2013

It's a nice hotel. Quality, comfortable beds and bedding. Nice to have a thermostat vs. a unit in the room. Although I do think it took more time to cool to my comfort level, the ceiling fan helped on that though (don't see many of those in rooms.) The check-in staff needs a few refresher courses in hospitality, but I wrote that off to the fact that I had two little kids and was clearly not going to be a money loser in the casino, but one would like to think the level of customer service was ranked to that, but I'm a realist. Wasn't too thrilled with the choice of dining options, but I would bet others would be thrilled. To be honest, there were many options, but I didn't feel they were too kids friendly. Over all though it was a very nice room anda good nights rest, which is what a hotel is all about.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Kathryn, thank you for staying with us and calling attention to our hotel's details in your review (ceiling fans, individual thermostats, etc.). We also appreciate your fair judgment in regards to the dining options. We do try to have some kid-friendly options such as pizza in The Lone Wolf and a discounted children's buffet price, but ultimately, we do cater to a 21+ demographic due to the casino atmosphere. I have forwarded your review to our Hospitality management to address with their staff. Regardless of whether you plan to visit the casino floor or not, we always want our guests to be treated with the best customer service possible and we are sorry that you did not experience that as you checked into the hotel. Thank you again for taking the time to write this review, Kathryn. We hope to see you again soon.
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I frequently gamble at the Isle of Capri in Waterloo. I personally have not had a bad experience there. The staff have always been top notch and most of the dealers at the card tables will socialize, which is cool. My only gripe is that I noticed that you only respond to comments that give you a good review. I would think that you could comment on some of the bad reviews and tell them that you apologize for the bad experiences and you'll try and work on correcting these in the future. Like I said, I haven't had a bad experience, but if I was to have knowledge of someone that has I would apologize and work on making it right. That's just me and how I'd run the operations.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ienvyno1
IsleCasinoWT, Digital Marketing Manager at Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Hello. I am pleased to hear you have had great experiences at Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo - especially with our dealers. I also understand your point about the negative reviews. We do try to respond to most all complaints, as well as our compliments. However, sometimes the responses to complaints do take a little longer. We prefer to investigate the problem, talk with our staff about the issue and whenever possible, call the guest to discuss the problem and work towards a resolution. (Our hotel reservation and Fan Club systems can sometimes help us to track down their contact information.) We appreciate our guests' feedback and in cases where we are able to call them or contact them in a more personal way, we can get even more details to help us improve in the future and make the guest happy. But thank you for your review because it does keep that perception top of mind for us - that yes, sometimes it's not just about the indivdual, but also about letting others know as well. Thanks!
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My wife and I stayed at this dump last night and were very disappointed. We arrived Friday afternoon and checked in early. We immediately had an issue that resulted in us needing to speak with Security. Cory with Security was incompetent to take care of our needs and refused to get us the help we needed. I expect Security staff (especially management) to do their job.

The old saying that a pleased customer will tell a few people, but a dissatisfied one will tell many...well...I plan to tell as many as possible about the poor service.

I will never return and made sure they knew this when I closed my platinum level players account later in the evening.

I can't wait for another casino option to open in the Cedar Rapids area, where I voted "yes".

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank walt600
I am assuming if you are a Platinum player that you previously had good experiences here. We would really like to get back to that spot with you. I am not sure what happened given the details of this review, but would you mind calling one of our Casino Hosts at 319-833-2192? We would hate to lose you as a customer and want to do what we can to make things right.
Webster City, Iowa
Reviewed 27 January 2013

The Isle has made very nice changes during check in. The service was fast and very friendly. They now have mini bars in the room., a nice touch if you would like to use it. The staff also called our room to make sure everything wa ok. All thesse changes were well needed and very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
IsleCasinoWT, Digital Marketing Manager at Isle Casino Hotel Waterloo, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Thank you for including some of our new changes in your review. As you stated, we do have mini bars in some of our rooms now - floors 3 & 4. If all goes well, we will add them to the other floors as well. In addition to the mini bars, we just added a fitness center for our hotel guests too. We appreciate you acknowledging our efforts. Thanks!
Hector
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Nice room . big TV and the food at the buffet was good. very quite, may do this next time. we come to work. We got a good deal . and my wife got sick for the first date booked .But your ck in clerk helped us to get the next night exchanged. that was great . we did not plan on someeone getting that sick. your desk helper gave me the ph.no to request the change. that was very nice .and will make us stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

We couldn't be more pleased with your review - 5 stars! That's just plain awesome. We look forward to providing you with 5-star service again on your next visit. Hopefully this time everyone will be in good health and fully able to enjoy our facility. Thanks for the review, Gary.
Iowa
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Stayed for one night on a Sunday with our two kids. Check in was quick and easy. When we arrived in our room we discovered it was hot as a sauna. We immediately turned down the thermostat and left for the pool. The pool area is beautiful and the kids enjoyed it. When we returned to the room, it was still really warm. We turned the heat off completely thinking that since it was quite cold outside that the room would cool down. It never did. Somehow the room stayed very warm all night. No one slept well, all 4 of us sleeping completely uncovered. We went to the Lone Wolf bar/restaurant twice in one night - first time to get a pizza to go for the kids and second time at about 11pm for food for the adults. Both times we sat at the bar for service. Both times we were completely ignored by the staff. We sat for over 15 minutes before having to speak out to get someone's attention. One young male bartender was much more worried about perfecting his Tom Cruise-like bottle flipping skills then actually serving customers. Absolutely terrible service on both occasions. It wasn't even busy either, so no excuses, just poorly trained and indifferent staff. Casino is nice although drink service is nearly non-existent. I sat at a blackjack table for nearly 4 hours and was visited by a waitress only once during that time. Just a terrible way to treat gamblers spending money in your establishment. Breakfast buffet was good however and we had a very good experience with a very nice and service oriented waitress there in the morning.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank goals1
We love for our guests to walk away with a positive impression of our casino, restaurants, hotel, etc. Based off your review, I understand this did not happen for you due to a lack of customer service by the server and a problem with your hotel room's thermostat. We are truly sorry for that. We hope you will give us another try and if your experience is anything less than perfect, could you let a manager know, so we can try to fix the problem immediately? Thank you for visiting us in the past and we hope to see you again in the future.