“Beautiful!”

Holiday Inn Express Waterloo
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Waterloo
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Really a nice, very clean place to stay. Was greeted well, nice variety of hot foods. reservations were a snap and complimentary extras are great. Cosy upgraded room. Looking forward to yet another great night.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 88farmer
gschaudhri, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for your positive comments- much appreciated

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Waterloo

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed February 3rd for the night. Check in was ok but was told they were having computer issues
but I was using my points for this stay so didn't really care. Room was clean since is a newer hotel and after driving in ice and snow all day were happy that there was a pizza place that delivered next to the parking lot.
Slept good and since we had such a rough day decided to sleep in a little longer than normal.
So much for that, The bedside phone rang about 8:20 and my wife woke and answered. The person said his name was James and that he was calling from the desk and said there was computer problems and in order to have my bill ready they would need info. The wife gave me the phone and I heard the same sorry and would I give him my credit card number, I said I could not do that over the phone and that I would be right down. CLICK!!!! Line is dead. I dressed and
went to the front desk and asked for James. The gal said there was no body with that name and asked if I had received a phone call. I said had and she said "Oh thats the second one today".
She said she was sorry and asked if I had given any info. I said no but that they should call the police. I don't know if anyone did but I did. And they showed up and got my information. I then asked a guest that was having breakfast there if they he had gotten a call and he said yes but that he was in the bathroom and did't answer. I asked for the manager and got no help what so ever. How is someone able to just call a persons room?? Inside job???

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Milkman097
gschaudhri, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Guest
We would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations.Necessary action has been taken to resolve such occurrence again
Guest Relations - Holiday Inn Express

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Upon our check-in, we were informed that they did not have a reservation in my name. The front desk clerk was very rude about this and was ready to turn me away until I was able to provide my confirmation number. At that time, she told me I called earlier that morning and changed my reservation to another date, which I did not as I was driving in very poor weather conditions all day. She continued to attempted to place the blame for this on me, which upset me. Finally after 20 minutes, we got our rooms. Very poor customer service!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank tagalong48
gschaudhri, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Guest:
This has reference to your recent comments regarding the check in process that has been brought to my attention, for action and response.
It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests have a most comfortable stay at our hotel and I regret that your stay with us was not as enjoyable, as we would have wished it to be.
Your feedback has been most valuable to us and we are grateful for your bringing these matters to our attention. I wish to assure you that these lapses constitute a departure from our standards of service and immediate corrective steps have been taken with the concerned department.
We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits to The Holiday Inn Express and assure you of our best attention at all times.

Holiday Inn Express Waterloo, IA

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We had a fabulous stay at this hotel. The front desk clerk was incredibly kind and helpful.

The POOL was very warm, like a bath! It was perfect! The hot tub was also very hot. I highly recommend this pool for a family getaway or stop on a trip.

The pool room is fairly small, I wouldn't recommend trying to bring I an IPad or Kindle. There are just a few seats and not much space that would be safe from water splashes. The hot tub seats 4 people.

There is a microwave I'm the first floor vending area, but only fridges in the room. As club members of IHG we were given a goody bag and free water bottle in addition to the one bottle already free in the room fridge.

The management obviously cares about the people they serve. I definitely recommend this hotel!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
gschaudhri, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Guest
The associates are thrilled that you had an Excellent stay with us.
Gurmit - GM

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I booked this hotel based on reviews on here and hotels.com and the hotel and staff exceeded all my expections. We were a little wary since there was a busload of younger hockey players there when we checked in, but the group was great and the hotel staff was adequately prepared to take care of their needs, including having enough food at breakfast time for all their customers. Our room was great, bathroom was spacious, bed was firm and comfy. We could hear the highway traffic, but that was to be expected. The exercise facility, hot tub and pool looked clean and taken care of. The location was perfect for us- we ate dinner at Galleria de Paco in downtown Waterloo, then went to the casino and our hotel was perfectly located right between these two parts of town. This was a weekend getaway for my boyfriend and I and we came home very impressed and happy with our stay.

Room Tip: There are doors in the middle of the hotel- ask for a room towards the middle so you can see your ca...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
gschaudhri, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for comments and glad we made a difference during you stay.
Gurmit

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed three nights at this location. Primary reason for closing the hotel is that they accepted Government per diem rate, even on the weekends. An issue in this area it seems after I researched for my stay. It is near plenty of eateries and the Crossroads Mall. This used to be my primary chain (IHG) before Marriott / Hilton, and the Brand name hasn’t changed a bit. As expected, the free Breakfast and WIFI, Indoor Pool, Jacuzzi and the exercise room (very small). I arrived earlier (before 3PM) and was recognized for my loyalty rewards with a small bag and water. Shelley and the Manager checked to see if a room was available (King Bed-High Floor) for early check in and I was lucky there was one. Check in was smooth as was check out, breakfast and coffee were adequate and I had no problems at all. This hotel is only about 3 years old and has window units for heating and cooling. Sometimes road noise is an issue due to its proximity to the highway but at night is dissipates and you hardly notice. The room had a small fridge also with a complimentary bottle of water. Would stay hear again and recommend for anyone. They are proudly displaying the 2013 Waterloo Tripadvisor Winner as well. As expected, video on YouTube Channel. If this helped… Click the helpful vote. Thanks for reading.

RetiredArmyRANGER
PC Gold

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank WHDSM
gschaudhri, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Guest
Please accept our apology for the inconvenience and we have taken necessary action to prevent reoccurrence of such an incident.
Happy Holidays
Gurmit

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We made our reservations online for this stay. The evening desk clerk was very friendly and made sure every one in our party got the priority club snack bags. Some relatives that live in town met us and the staff was very accommodating as we visited and played games in the lobby. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Unfortunately we had a very bad experience at checkout. Our "express" bill was $20 higher than the amount in our confirmation email. When we asked to have it fixed, the front desk manager, Shelly, gave us multiple excuses as to why she could not correct their mistake. We left to say goodbye to family with the situation unresolved. We stopped back by the front desk on our way out and asked again to get it fixed (our other family member's bill was wrong also). This time she said she would try and asked us to wait. It took about 15 minutes, but she did present us with corrected bills. I will be watching my credit card statement. We had a nice stay, but I will probably look to stay elsewhere if we come to Waterloo again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank C4M2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear C4M2,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I apologize for the services that you have received which is not up to your par. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A