“Not your average Motel 6.”
Review of Motel 6 Waterloo

Motel 6 Waterloo
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Waterloo
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Motel 6 is my go-to motel when I'm on the road for work. I've stayed at a lot of them from Illinois, Wisconsin to Iowa. This was by far the most modern, decorated location I have ever been to. They have a fireplace in the lobby for cryin' out loud! Indoor swimming pool, and suites available. It's not a corporate property, it's a franchise so it's privately owned and operated. I don't remember how much it was exactly, but under $60. My only complaint is they aren't paying very close attention to their coffee situation in the morning. Both containers were empty and I rang the bell but nobody answered and they remained empty for a good 20 minutes as I sat there waiting.
Flat screen TV's with a bunch of channels too.

Room Tip: The suites have two queens, and a separate section with two comfy chairs.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The Motel 6 at 2343 Logan Ave. in Waterloo, Iowa, is quite adequate, clean and reasonably priced. That's what I found during a recent one-night stay. I reserved a room for a single adult. I booked online and my Internet rate was $52.69. With tax the total came to $59.01. The hotel also honored my written request for a first-floor room close to the lobby. I arrived about 9:30 p.m. and found a large well-lit parking lot. The lobby featured some seating and two free newspapers, one from Waterloo and one from nearby Cedar Falls. There was a vending area with a few tables and chairs as well. Right off the lobby was an attractive indoor pool, which I did not have an opportunity to use. Check-in, thanks to a desk clerk named Lisa, was quick and efficient. My guest room was not lavish, but it was clean and more than adequate. Amenities included a large screen TV with numerous cable channels, free wireless Internet, a table and chair for my computer, a comfortable recliner and a refrigerator. Check out the morning after my overnight stay was easy. Since you pay when you register and receive your receipt at that time, all you need to do at checkout is drop your key card in a basket at the front desk. If I were to have any complaints, it would be that the showerhead in my room needed some maintenance even though it still worked. And the Internet was not accessible the morning of my departure. A desk clerk told me someone was working to restore it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank AngusVicker
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

I was sceptical of Motel 6 but was pleasantly surprised to find a very nice room with 2 queen beds, a nice comfortable chair, and a very quiet location. The desk staff was not as professional as she might have been but was accommodating. No amenities, no breakfast, but for $50 it was a great value.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after the desk staff at the Holiday Inn across the parking lot told us that there was no way we could have booked a room with them for that evening, in spite of the confirmation we had received. We found out to our surprise that the Motel 6 had newly decorated rooms in the same style as the Holiday Inn, since they shared the same owner, who was very courteous and kind about the treatment we received at his other property. We spent a very comfortable night, and would stay at this Motel 6
again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Ejpete
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

A very nice motel 6 with clean rooms, flat panel tv, clean towels and sheets. Was annoyed upon checkin due to the "rate increase" that went into effect that day but they had not had time to update the web price or posted price. $54.99 is for sun to thur for 1 adult. Indoor pool looked clean and nice but did not have time to use. A good choice for family.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I have been in the hotel industry for many years, worst stay ever! A/C did not blow cold (on a hot day), rooms stink, towels were dirty, no alarm clock, no shampoo, bed was ok, lots of diversity and unusual behavior nearby, low income location, front desk was ok, polite...Would not recommend this hotel, go another 4 miles down the road and find a lot better places.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Pleasantly surprised. Nice spacious lobby/ eating area. Clean and very big rooms for a motel 6. No Fridge / microwave. If you bring in food, you can use the microwave in the eating area and it is quite clean and big. Free wifi and it is fast. No problems. The room has a nice desk area with plug-ins on the lamp for the laptop (you don't have to crawl under the desk looking for the outlet). This motel is right off of the highway and there is a little noise from the traffic but the way the building is situated the noise is not a huge issue. There is a $50+ difference between the motel right next to this motel and I cannot see the cost benefit in choosing the Holiday Inn Express vs this motel. We're happy.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rick K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterloo
Motel 6 Crossroads Mall-Waterloo-Cedar Falls
Howard Johnson Inn Waterloo/cedar Falls
Clarion Inn University Plaza
Clarion Inn University Plaza
#10 of 14 in Cedar Falls
Days Inn Cedar Falls- University Plaza
Days Inn & Suites Waterloo
Comfort Inn & Suites Waterloo

Been to Motel 6 Waterloo? Share your experiences!