“Good Motel 6”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Waterloo
Ionia, Iowa
“Good Motel 6”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have a bulldog named Rooster Cogburn. He loves to come here. Clean place. Nice folks. I just got one issue and its all the ads on the internet connection. So many I cant get work done. But otherwise it has a nice pool and good showers. They do a good job of keeping it clean.

Room Tip: Nice gals up front.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Carl B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Crestwood, Kentucky
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped at Motel 6 because of the reviews and we were not disappoint! There is a dog show tomorrow and there are several dogs staying here (we were informed of this be checking in) but you wouldn't know it if you didn't see them outside. Tammy, at front desk was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Oelwein, Iowa
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My fiance and I stayed here with our eldest son who was only 3 at the time. We were told the rooms were updated just to find out we had a plain outdated room. We could not use the heater because it was ridiculously loud and whenever you turned it on, it smelled like it was burning and made the entire room stink. Beings we could not use the heater, we froze all night long. Beds were very hard, fridge did not work, bathroom tub had hairs all over it and the water stop did not work either. Hallways were filled with smoke and you could smell marijuana all on the top floor (we had a NDD1 on the top floor.) People were "partying" and being very loud all night long. Where's management? The only nice part was the public pool, which my son loved but the hot tub wasn't even filled and was covered in gunk. The morning we checked out, management was there and she was wearing all sweats with messy hair, where is the dress code and hygiene? Never again will we stay there, nor will my kids be submitted to such an atrocious atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Watertown, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Motel 6 is my go-to motel when I'm on the road for work. I've stayed at a lot of them from Illinois, Wisconsin to Iowa. This was by far the most modern, decorated location I have ever been to. They have a fireplace in the lobby for cryin' out loud! Indoor swimming pool, and suites available. It's not a corporate property, it's a franchise so it's privately owned and operated. I don't remember how much it was exactly, but under $60. My only complaint is they aren't paying very close attention to their coffee situation in the morning. Both containers were empty and I rang the bell but nobody answered and they remained empty for a good 20 minutes as I sat there waiting.
Flat screen TV's with a bunch of channels too.

Room Tip: The suites have two queens, and a separate section with two comfy chairs.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Walcott, Iowa
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The Motel 6 at 2343 Logan Ave. in Waterloo, Iowa, is quite adequate, clean and reasonably priced. That's what I found during a recent one-night stay. I reserved a room for a single adult. I booked online and my Internet rate was $52.69. With tax the total came to $59.01. The hotel also honored my written request for a first-floor room close to the lobby. I arrived about 9:30 p.m. and found a large well-lit parking lot. The lobby featured some seating and two free newspapers, one from Waterloo and one from nearby Cedar Falls. There was a vending area with a few tables and chairs as well. Right off the lobby was an attractive indoor pool, which I did not have an opportunity to use. Check-in, thanks to a desk clerk named Lisa, was quick and efficient. My guest room was not lavish, but it was clean and more than adequate. Amenities included a large screen TV with numerous cable channels, free wireless Internet, a table and chair for my computer, a comfortable recliner and a refrigerator. Check out the morning after my overnight stay was easy. Since you pay when you register and receive your receipt at that time, all you need to do at checkout is drop your key card in a basket at the front desk. If I were to have any complaints, it would be that the showerhead in my room needed some maintenance even though it still worked. And the Internet was not accessible the morning of my departure. A desk clerk told me someone was working to restore it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank AngusVicker
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

I was sceptical of Motel 6 but was pleasantly surprised to find a very nice room with 2 queen beds, a nice comfortable chair, and a very quiet location. The desk staff was not as professional as she might have been but was accommodating. No amenities, no breakfast, but for $50 it was a great value.

• Stayed September 2013
Bruce Crossing, Michigan
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after the desk staff at the Holiday Inn across the parking lot told us that there was no way we could have booked a room with them for that evening, in spite of the confirmation we had received. We found out to our surprise that the Motel 6 had newly decorated rooms in the same style as the Holiday Inn, since they shared the same owner, who was very courteous and kind about the treatment we received at his other property. We spent a very comfortable night, and would stay at this Motel 6
again.