“Nice place”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Peoria IL, United States
“Nice place”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is a very nice hotel in most respects. However, their TV remote does not have a "sleep" button, which would be so easy to provide. We expect to have the TV turn off after we go to sleep, so we will not be back to this hotel. Other hotels are nice and do provide a sleep button.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Christa T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waterloo, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
I would like to thank you for reviewing our property! It is important for us to receive feedback from our guests to know how we may best serve them. I immediately met with my maintenance and housekeeping managers upon reading your review to find out why your remote was missing the sleep button. We are not able to use regular remotes because the video purchasing system that our TVs are connected to has its own required remote. We discovered that the remote in your room has a TV Functions button that once pressed, displays the sleep option on the television screen. We continued to check other rooms and found that some models have the button directly on the remote while others were like yours and have the functions button. I'm sorry to hear that this had such a negative impact on your otherwise nice stay. I do hope that knowing that this option is available to you here will allow us a second chance to regain your loyalty! Please feel free to contact me directly with any other questions, comments or otherwise and I will be more than happy to work with you.

Christa Thompson
General Manager, Waterloo, IA Hampton Inn
christa.thompson@hilton.com
p 319-233-2044

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Iowa City, United States
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Excellent service. Front desk was helpful with a couple of requests that were somewhat above and beyond on my part, but they graciously accomodated my request. Room size and furnishings were excellent (stayed in a studio suite with 2 queen beds). Highly recommend this room for families. Quiet room with no outside/road noise. Breakfast was well supplied (even had my favorite yougurt Activia). I would definitely stay here again with my family.

Columbus Ohio, United States
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The staff were very polite and friendly. The facility was clean and the furnishing nice. The breakfast was very good but minimal items provided.The internet was a little slow but was manageable. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Medford, United States
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The hotel is great for business and family travel alike, is very nicely appointed with all the amenities at a fraction of the cost of other similarly-appointed hotels. Very friendly and accommodating staff.

Sheffield
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Good for tourists on a budget as it is only 5 min walk to Waterloo and East Waterloo trains and Waterloo underground (it's next to the Old Vic) and easy walking distance to the South Bank venues. Buses run from right outside the hotel to the West End. Very comfortable clean rooms in a new build hotel and a cooked breakfast included that is quite adequate. Tea/coffee making in room. My room on the back of the hotel was very quiet. Comfortable air-conditioning but the windows don't open. Wifi signal was very good in my room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2014

First time I stayed in Waterloo for business, someone else made my hotel reservation & it was NOT at Hampton Inn & was TERRIBLE! This time I chose Hampton Inn, right next door to the terrible hotel. I made a great choice!!! Staff was very friendly & helpful, hotel was clean & well maintained. Great location near shopping & restaurants. Was able to eat healthy breakfast too. I will make this my go-to hotel in Waterloo!!

• Stayed March 2014
Waterloo,IA, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The room was clean and the especially the bathroom was spotless. The staff was helpful and polite. Breakfast was the up to the usual Hampton quality and the serving area was spotless. The location is easy to locate and near restaurants and shopping but it is still quiet.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple