“In need of some love...”

Motel 6 Crossroads Mall-Waterloo-Cedar Falls
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Waterloo
Waterloo, Iowa
“In need of some love...”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We booked our room on booking.com and got the rate that was promised! We did reserve a king size and got 2 queens, but that was ok. The one bed was horrible!! It sunk in the middle. Good thing we had extra pillows so it evened out the bed when you laid on them. The flusher on the toilet broke after the second use and my husband had to take the top of the toilet off to flush for the remainder of our stay. The phone was disgusting! There was dried food where the receiver hung up and only one of the phones worked. Not the best experience!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amy B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Minneapolis
Reviewed 3 April 2013

PLEASE NOTE: Baymont Inn and Suites has changed to a Motel 6. There is another Motel 6 located on the north side of Waterloo. This review is for the former Baymont Inn which is now Motel 6 on Laporte near the mall in Waterloo.

I stayed at Motel 6 due to a car breakdown on 3/24/13. Normally I don't stay at hotels with a number in their name, but they were about 1/2 the price of the other hotels, and they accept a limited number of pets with no fees. (I think the staff said they have 4 pet-friendly rooms?)

My room was clean and quiet, the bed was comfortable. The hallway and stair carpet probably needs to be replaced soon, but I wasn't staying in the hallway or stairs so it didn't really matter. The front desk staff were super nice when I checked in. Coffee in the morning but no breakfast.

Room Tip: There are four pet-friendly rooms available.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Minneapolis
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Overall, it was a really good value for a last-minute place to sleep - about $50 for the night.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Indianola
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel! The front desk staff - Anesa and Jacqueline - were awesome and seemed to be there all day and night! They were so nice and fun and helpful! The room accommodations were great also! This hotel used to be a Baymont Inn but is now a Motel 6, so it has a few amenities not usually at a Motel 6, such as a pool and hairdryer. When I found out this hotel was now a Motel 6, I was hesitant as I don't normally stay at Motel 6, but the gal (Anesa) I always talked to the few times when making the reservation (and a block of rooms for our group) was upfront and very easy to work with us. I was very pleasantly surprised by this Motel 6, which seemed to be all upgraded, so that I won't be hesitant for Motel 6 in the future! Kudos to Anesa and Jacqueline!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This location is not a baymont inn no more the hotel names has been changed to Motel 6 now
After reading all the reviews,looks like management has done a lot of changes this hotel rooms was in great shape and rooms and overall hotel is very clean.
Room had 32' flat screen tv new and mordern furnitures and great internet access
Though there's no breakfast at motel 6 but the rate was good enough for us to buy a full breakfast at IHop (for $20.00 extra in other hotels in the area the only provide cereal and bread)
But staying there I save $20 and bought ourself full breakfast
The rooms were very clean and very well maintained
Overall quality of the was excellent great and new heated pool

Room Tip: Great and clean rooms couldnt believe its Motel 6
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tony l
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We absolutly enjoyed our stay,we had 2 rooms on the 1st floor ,rooms were absolutly clean and detailed very fresh.We had made the resversation thinking it was Baymont Inn but after arriving at the location found out that they changed it to Motel 6,was bit unset at first,but after manager show us the rooms we were really amazed with the cleanliness,Even the rates were lower than what we originally made reservation for when it was Baymont
Great Stay will always stay at this Motel 6 whenever in Waterloo Area

Room Tip: Great place and very clean rooms for been Motel 6
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank travis j
Chaska, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

Very dirty rooms and hallway. Not being updated at all.

• Stayed June 2012