“Loved our bunk bed room!”

Stoney Creek Inn - Waukon
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waukon
“Loved our bunk bed room!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012 via mobile

We stayed there for a wedding and we got the bunk bed suite. My kids loved the bunks, everything had nice furnishings. The contential breakfast was great too! No pool here but we didn't have time for that anyways but overall is was a great hotel and value and the staff was awesome, they let us use the hotel washer & dryer too!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Darlington, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

We recently had a block of rooms at SCI for my hometown wedding. With so many out of town guests, there was some confusion amongst everyone as to who had who staying with them and more rooms were booked that what was actually needed, eventually resulting in all the rooms in our block being booked in a matter of days. SCI staff and their manager went above and beyond to accommodate and prevent anybody being left out in the cold without a room, even giving everyone a fantastic discounted rate on all the rooms. I was happy to know that close friends and family were taken care of with such genuine concern and hospitality. I would highly recommend Waukon SCI to anybody and everybody. You are guaranteed to be taken care of and the staff will bend over backwards to do right by you.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Overland Park, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

We recently stayed at Stoney Creek Inn. The front staff was nice. However we booked our rooms 6 months in advance of our stay only to find when arriving after traveling 10 hours that we could only be accomodated with 1 of the 3 rooms that were booked. We were told by the manager that the mother of the bride was allowed to change the room status for our entire family since she was a friend of the manager. This is a very poor way of doing business! We travel for a living and we have never seen anything like this. The style of rooms we booked were for the people we had staying. We eventually we recieved 3 rooms, but they were not the style of the rooms we booked 6 months in advance.Special arrangements within our family needed to be made to accomodate our children since the rooms REASSIGNED did not have enough beds.
My elderly parents were reassigned a second floor room in a hotel without an elevator to the second floor. Hopefully this review will help you do better business in the future with your paying customers and not let your friends run your business out of town.

Room Tip: Run your business and allow your friends to run themselves
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Sandra C
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Everything seems well maintained from the public to the private spaces. Not fancy but new and clean with a few fun touches. All the rooms are outdoor rustic log cabin themed with canoes, bear, deer, moose, with lots of browns and greens to match the natural surroundings. People are really friendly -not just the staff. Green tea shampoo/lotion. Outdoor grilling area for guests. 4 stars b/c no pool and breakfast 45 min. late the day we were there, had to leave due to appointment so had to grab and go - might have been better to leave it. Everything bready in either pre packaged wraps or in sandwich bags filled with condensation until toasted. Coffee not hot and seemed old. Hard boiled eggs had funny taste - kind of iffy. Nice place to stay, skip breakfast. Paid $82.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Jangling2007
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

I own teddys auto sales in waukon iowa and i always recommend customers who fly or drive in to pick up cars from me to stay here as it is in town and the owner and employees who work here are really nice people. i have never heard of any of them complain and hear only great things. my dad and i lined up the hawk a model a club to stay here when they toured my showroom and our personal collection of classics and they all loved the hospitality and friendliness. you will not find nicer people and they always have a great price! email me for a recommendation!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

I traveled here in October and stayed in Waukon because all hotels in Decorah, Iowa were full. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. I stayed in room 8 and was surprised to find a vinyl floor and the room smelling musty. The room across the hall where family members stayed had carpeting, but the same musty smell. We quickly dropped off our luggage and headed back to Decorah. When we returned to the hotel later that evening, the smell was bothersome. With no alternatives in the area, I decided to just live with it, get in the shower and turn in for the night. I got in the shower, looked up to the shower head and was mortified to see MOLD on the popcorn ceiling. I also noticed that whatever caulk they used in that bathroom was BLACK. I was horrified! I decided that in order to get any sleep that night, I would have to leave the window open slightly to make sure there was fresh air in the room. To my horror, there was NO LOCK ON THE WINDOWS! I realize that Waukon is a small town, but no locks on a hotel window is just something that should never happen ever - anywhere!! I propped the desk chair in the window and the big room chair in front of it so that IF the window opened- I would hear it. Needless to say, this hotel experience was the worst ever! NO SLEEP FOR ME! I checked on line only to find that the Stoney Creek management has come up with excuse after excuse and has promised that all of the problems here have been resolved. WELL, THEY HAVE NOT and this place should not be allowed to charge a penny! THis place is a health hazard- stay away- seriously. BTW- we cancelled reservations for May 2012 because the room across the hall from room 8 had mold too.

Room Tip: Choose not to stay here- it's a health hazard due to mold and a safety hazard due to windows tha...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 60859Anonymous
Jack K, Vice President, Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Inn - Waukon, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
Dear Anonymous,
Our sincere apologies for your obviously unsatisfactory experience! We did encounter some mildew problems due to a combination of spring flooding followed by a water pipe breaking. We brought in professional help and, admittedly, they apparently missed four bathroom ceilings that had mildew behind some bathroom wall covering that eventually showed in the shower ceilings and some edges. We have and are addressing these and all other areas and will completely clean or replace them and we were in the process of doing so immediately after your review was posted. No one in the future should have a similar experience to yours. In respect to window locks, I can only assure you that ALL of our windows have locks, unless, of course, you leave them open. I’m not sure what you did or didn’t see in respect to those locks. Again, our sincere apologies.
Ely, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed here with a number of family members for a wedding in September. The rooms are small, but are delightfully decorated in a lodge theme (you can tell by the pictures). I feel bad for the folks who had a bad experience, because we are pretty picky about where we stay, especially in terms of cleanliness, and this place was great. We were attending events in Decorah, but their hotels were all full. It is really only about 20 minutes to Decorah, which was perfect. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukon
Country Inn By Carlson, Decorah
Hotel Winneshiek
Hotel Winneshiek
#2 of 4 in Decorah
Quality Inn & Suites Decorah
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Marquette, IA/Prairie Du Chien
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Prairie du Chien
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#2 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Bluffview Inn & Suites
Bluffview Inn & Suites
#5 of 12 in Prairie du Chien

Been to Stoney Creek Inn - Waukon? Share your experiences!