“Alittle overpriced for the area”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Waverly
Jefferson City, Missouri
“Alittle overpriced for the area”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel was nice but I have stayed in better for this cost. Front desk clerk really nice. Its clean and close to the college. The info touch tv in the lobby is a nice touch but front desk should tell you about it.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear lisangie ,
Thank you for your comment, this information will help us improve our guest services. I will share this information with my staff and management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Redington Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

By chance we fell upon this Hotel on the way to Minneapolis. What luck very friendly staff checkin and checkout rooms very clean furniture like new bedding comfortable. Breakfast had better choices than expected. Fresh fruit fresh waffles. Eggs biscuits porridge. So very good right next to Applebys for food and 300ft from 24hr walmart. Overall it was excellent. Thank you

Stayed January 2014
responder, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you very much for your comment.
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I had the great pleasure of staying at this fantastic Comfort Inn in Waverly last week and was VERY impressed with everything that I experienced. The service was great, the room was incredible, the rate was great, the bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. The new bedsheets were a nice touch. I would recommend this location to anyone who travels!!!
You will not be sorry that you stayed here!!

• Stayed October 2013
responder, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you very much, I will share this my hotel staff.
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We've stayed at this motel many times over the past few years and will continue to stay. The front staff is friendly to the point of remembering our name to offering any help in carrying our bags. The rooms are always clean and the pool area is a big plus for our grandson. One of the nicest motels around. Another benefit is a great breakfast area and always willing to leave it open just a little later in case we were running late. Worth staying.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Laura
Thank you for your review. I’m always excited to hear that we are taking care of your needs during your visit. Our staff is thanking you for being our repeated guest. Our staff is also enjoying your grandkids company.
We look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

As a business traveler, I've come to expect certain hotels to maintain different levels of quality. I also understand you get what you pay for.
This hotel is the exception. I would not recommend this to anyone.

So try not to be a negative Nelly, I'll start off by telling about the good. When I checked in, I was greeted by one of the happiest employees I've ever met. She was quick, courteous and in good spirits. That's where it ended.

As I got into my room, I was startled to find a twin bed. I did not know this was an option at any hotel chain. The room decor was straight out of the early 90s. And the remote control was filthy. I didn't going to the bathroom until later need new and when I did, I noticed that the sink had crusty tooth paste, and a clogged drain. The toilet paper holder was also empty

I called the front desk express my displeasure with the room, and was told that that was the only room they had for the night. Too tired to drive, I ended up sleeping in my clothes out of the covers as I didn't know if the room had been cleaned it all.

When I checked out, I was greeted by a woman who didn't want to be at work at all. She was grumpy, very unfriendly, and didn't seem to care about how my experience was with their hotel. I will not be back.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Jbailiff,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us this feedback of your stay with us. We regret that your stay with us was not a positive one but we will address every issue that you have brought to our attention. In an ongoing effort to improve our guest experience, we strive to provide all hotel information online to our guests at time of reservation and also confirmation is sent to your email address with same information for your review. We have Double size beds and King beds only at this location. We are working to improve our room decor and recently, month ago we have change new bedding and mattresses. We are following with the Comfort Inn brand standards. There are some room types such as Accessible. Accessible room type has one double size bed with different bathroom style for ADA compliance. Again, the management thanks you for your feedback.
Waverly, Iowa
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We had our family members stay at Comfort Inn Waverly IA. for the home comming event.The scheduled trip was for two days and we were paying for our guest, but trip lasted more than inticipated at this point we asked management if we could get a better rate for our guest. Management gave us a discounted rate for another two days and that was just awesome and we got it. We had some more time to spent togather and stay was memorable. Such a nice impression and hotel and service we got was tremendously great.Very accomodating hotel, room was great and updated.You won our hearts. You will be our number one for every time we need a hotel stay.Thank You.

Room Tip: Entire hotel is clean and updated.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
responder, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you Saadia K for your review. I'am always excited to hear that we are the first choice in the area.
We look forward to your next visit.
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 15 October 2013

RUN, RUN FAST! My first question is if a hotel accepts dogs or has dog friendly rooms. The answer was yes. I spoke to the woman about what type of dogs I have (boxers who weighed around 65 pounds). I received an email stating that my dogs with size was accepted and fine. However... once we arrived an entirely new person was at the desk and within the first moments of check in they asked if we wanted to go to another hotel for our dogs. When I asked about a room with a higher toilet (theirs were barely a foot off the floor) what the woman at the front desk told me to do was leave the hotel and was rude about it. She then went on a barrage about our dogs not scratching the doors there. I explained my dogs would not do so. Then they stated that our dogs could not be left alone in the room at all. Which is impractical when you are over 1400 miles away in a hotel room with your dogs and you need to be able to get food. We did not leave, however. I told her I'd think about all she had to say and hung up on the obnoxious and rude woman! She actually called me back to be even more rude. Was completely shocked at her behavior. The third call came from a male manager, at least such was his claim. Though he was no more helpful than the woman at the desk! I was up there to visit an ailing grandmother and this is what I had to deal with. To top it off the beds are standard beds (supposedly) but generally around 6 inches wider than a single bed. Hard for two grown adults to sleep together so my husband and I had to sleep in the separate beds. The pillows were a joke. I have never in my life seen anything like them. They were a 12 inch by 12 inch cube and did little to cushion your head. I noticed a moldy smell from the air/heat unit and after checking the filter myself noticed they haven't been cleaned in at least a year or two. The room was stuffy, no one had turned on any air previous to our arrival and it was 80 degrees outside, so I went to open the window in the room. Which opened easily, but I immediately noticed that there was a locking mechanism that was actually broken on the window. Being on the main floor, anyone could have popped the screen out and opened the window to our room and came in. The plus side? There was a microwave, the bad... it's so small not even the popcorn they sell in the vending machine can fit into them and pop! There was a coffee pot for the morning, but it had dark hairs in it and some char and some mold. Not worth scrubbing out to use. Near the ending machine, dead roaches. Though I suppose it was better they were dead and not alive. Which made it pleasant to consider eating out of said vending machines! All in all... I wouldn't rate it a half a star or of 10. If I hadn't had so very little time up there to spend with an ailing grandparent, I'd have gone elsewhere. It's a shame that the first woman on the phone wasn't the manager and in charge of the hotel as I believe the experience might have been much better. We didn't see her until we checked out. She was pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jesy_S
responder, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Jesy,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us this feedback of your stay with us. We regret that your stay with us was not a positive one but we will address every issue that you have brought to our attention. In an ongoing effort to improve our guest experience, we strive to provide all hotel policies to our guests at check in to avoid misunderstandings thereafter. Again, the management thanks you for your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waverly
Cobblestone Inn & Suites Waverly, IA
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cedar Falls
The Black Hawk Hotel
The Black Hawk Hotel
#7 of 14 in Cedar Falls
Comfort Inn & Suites Waterloo
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Cedar Falls
Days Inn Cedar Falls- University Plaza

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!