“Good Location”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
St. Louis, MO
“Good Location”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Just stayed here on a pleasure trip and we had a good experience at the Courtyard.

The staff was very nice and accomodating.

The room it's self was pretty clean, with the exception of a little mold on the grout in the shower.

The lobby was nicely decorated.

We did not get a chance to eat at the Bistro as there were other options we wanted to try around the hotel.

Overall I was pretty happy with everything at this hotel. I gave it a 4 star because of the mold. Otherwise I would have given it a 5 star.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Oregon
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My family and I were in West Des Moines for a wedding. My immediate family had 2 rooms, 1 suite and 1 room with 2 king beds for 3 nights. The extended family had another 10 rooms of varying sizes. The rooms were clean and looked recently updated. The hotel personnel were very polite and accommodating. The pool and workout rooms were quite adequate. The large TV in lobby with chairs and couches were great for watching the Olymipics with the extended family. This is probably as good as it gets for a suburban hotel. My only complaint, and it is a big one; the sheets were rough and worn, and the towels were extremely scratchy. I would say the linens and towels were the quality of an inexpensive motel. I think skimping on the details is a big mistake on the part of the management of this hotel. Hopefully they will read this review and take it seriously. If they were to replace the worn out linens and buy better quality towels this hotel could be excellent.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TobeyT
Robert E, Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
My team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are sorry if you felt that our linen and towels were not to Marriott Standard. We have taken your feed back to Marriott and currently looking into other venders for our linen and towels.
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Just stayed there on a business trip. It has been recently converted to the new concept so lobby is clean and updated. The staff is very helpful and the location is right off highway. Good resturaunts nearby. It was a little noisy but I would reccomend.this location

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BusinessTravelToday
Robert E, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
We're glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the local area. We look forward to your return.
Wentzville, Missouri
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Always a great place for a quick stay. Right across the street from an awesome mall and restaurants. Hot tub us super. I wish Courtyard had complimentary breakfast, but here you pay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Robert E, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
We are glad that you were able to enjoy yourself while staying with us. We look forward to your return.
Kissimmee
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Pricelined this hotel for $75 a night which is a great value. Very nice lobby lots of couches and comfortable sitting areas. quick serve restaurant with great menu. Pool, hot tub, free lobby computers and mini store. The only problem all week were some loud drunk guests who fought and police called in. management let them remain at Hotel has checked in guests which proved to be problematic night after night.

• Stayed June 2012
Robert E, Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
I'm glad that you enjoy our hotel. I'm sorry for the inconvenience due to the other guests in the hotel. We look forward to having you say with us next time you’re in the West Des Moines area.
Colorado Springs
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My business trip to West Des Moines, IA the week of May 14, 2012 is the first time I ever I stayed at a Marriott and I will never stay at another one due to my experience. The carpet was stained and needed vacuumed, the bathroom was dirty (there was dirt and dust built up on the fixtures and hair all over the floor) and did not get cleaned the entire time I was there (except the evening that the assistant manager went in and cleaned it after I complained), the toilet kept backing up and the staff brought me a plunger to clear it up myself, my room key would not work (tried 10 different keys) and I had to wait for staff to let me into my room with the master key, the bed was hard and uncomfortable, the bed linen was rough and scratchy, and it was loud. Brett and Tyler were great, but my experience with the room itself will prevent me from staying at another Marriott.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Robert E, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay and subsequent disappointment with your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Jordan Creek. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one.

The principal goal of our hotel is to provide a clean room and dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn you are unhappy. We appreciate you sharing your frustrations and concerns.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Stayed here on a recent business trip. Standard new Courtyard, nicely furnished, huge room, comfortable bed. Nice desk staff.

The room is long and fairly narrow, space utilization poor is, not really taking advantage of all the floor space. Soundproofing not so great, can hear the TV's to either side. Window air unit kind of noisy but helps drown out the neighbors.

• Stayed February 2012