“YUCK!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Val Air Ballroom
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I don't get why people have put 5 stars.....have they actually been to this place? This place is absolutely disgusting. The place was really outdated I have never been to a place in such disrepair. The bathrooms were the worst part....they were absolutely disgusting. I think out of four sinks only one was working properly and all of the hand dryers were broken so you had to wait to use the towel dispenser.
I felt it was a total waste of my money....the sound in there was TERRIBLE. I have never been to a venue that sounded that bad. This place needs to have some major repairs and remodeling done before I will ever go back again....I don't care who is playing. I guess I will take my money to minnesota's venues since they are in the same driving distance for me and are way better. I think it is really sad because Iowa needs to have a nice venue but this is not it. I still can't believe that some of the big headliners even want to play at this place.

On the positive side....I do have to say I felt safe with the security they had there. They did pat downs and made you empty your pockets out before you were able to enter. After all the crazy stuff going on now a days I am glad they do that.

1  Thank RiverCity29
There are newer reviews for Val Air Ballroom

Reviewed 17 October 2012

Once again great show. I love taking my kids to shows here. We will ne back for the lamb of god show. I enjoy the shows it would be great if half way thru the show you turn the air on. It does it awful hot in the crowd. Also wish you would let us keep the lids for our water. Once we get in the crowd we don't come out. Other than that its a great place to see shows

Reviewed 10 October 2012

My job hosted an employee holiday party there a couple of years ago. The place is small and a little outdated.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

I have gone to the Val Air Ballroom for many years. There is always space on the huge dance floor to dance expressively. There are plenty of tables to sit at if you come a little early. Call ahead to see what their schedule is. Tickets for a concert or special event can be expensive, but if you inquire ahead of time, you can plan for a wonderful time. My husband and I went there on our first date and had the time of our lives dancing like Fred and Ginger!

Reviewed 4 August 2012

I have been to several concerts at the Val Air Ballroom and it's a great place! The sound is always great, the drinks are always cold, and the crowd is always fun!!