SpringHill Suites Des Moines West
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
West Des Moines Marriott(West Des Moines)
  • Pool
Motel 6 Des Moines West(West Des Moines)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsstand alone showershower and toiletserving guestsdes moinesbedroom areafresh fruitcomfortable suitehot breakfast itemsscrambled eggsjordan creek mallseparate sinktv standgreat stopfront desk attendantperkins restaurantrefrigerator and microwaveseparate rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Have stayed Springhill's before and they were great. We normally stay at the Fairfield accross the streeet, but I was lured by a bigger room with a few more amentities. However, the musty AC, some ants in the bathroom, the elevator not working and unusually noisy guests made it average experience. The breakfast was good and the staff was polite. We should have stayed at the Fairfield...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I was fortunate enough to get a reasonable rate here during an overbooked weekend in Des Moines. The king bed suite was a little cramped for even a small family (two adults, one child) (probably better for a solo business traveller or couple), but it had all the necessities. The room has gotten some hard use and a few of the carpet squares need to be replaced, but the bed and sofa are large and comfortable. I didn't like the sink outside the small/toilet shower area--it was a little less private than other set ups-- and it was hard to help a small child in the bathroom because it was so small. I also found that it was necessary to leave the fan on in the bathroom at all times otherwise a round of showers made the room too humid. The breakfast was adequate, but because we were sharing the hotel with a large group of athletes in town for a youth soccer tournament we found we were a little crowded out and overwhelmed (as was the hotel staff who were valiantly striving to keep up with full, demanding capacity)--the athletes also tended to take quite a lot of food which reduced the available choices for other guests. I would suggest that the hotel make more specific arrangements to accommodate breakfast for large groups of young athletes--perhaps in a conference room in order to avoid affecting the experiences of other guests. Several aspects of the hotel made our stay very pleasant: every employee was attentive and friendly--they seemed to genuinely enjoy serving guests and working with each other; the pool area was well-designed in a solarium type of structure so it was full of light while still being indoors; the exercise room is small but the equipment is in good order. Walkers or joggers might like the sidewalk around the office complex just outside the hotel. The depths of the pool would not work for children under five. The location near the interstate and near Jordan Creek Town Center reduced our travel times about the city. As a whole, we enjoyed spending four nights here and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed here during a quick business trip to Des Moines. Upon arrival we were told they were having a happy hour but as we were to meet people for dinner, we weren't able to go, but it would've been nice. Our room was nice but would've been nicer to have a door between the two rooms. There was a small fridge in the room and microwave as well as the coffee pot and coffee. The beds were comfy. Breakfast was complimentary and had your usual standard food, but it did the trick.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Stayed one weeknight as part of a business trip. Hotel located right off the freeway which is good and bad. Easy access but a lot of road noise. My room was on the freeway side of the building and the noise was very noticable. Also I was on the 4th fllor and the parking lot light was very bright.

Check in was quick and the room was clean and comfortable. It had a microwave and a mini fridge. Also had a desk and sofa. The sofa was not very comfortable. There was a flat screen mounted on the wall and you could not see it if you are working at the desk. The morning breakfast was scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit, toast, bagels etc..fairly normal but again nothing exceptional.

And as others have said....S L O W elevator...

It is not bad and not great but a fairly decent value if you don't have to pay full price

Room Tip: Try to stay on the freeway side of the building
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank RonJac
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I spent four nights at the SpringHill Suites in West Des Moines. I frequently stay at Marriott line of hotels, and have stayed in other SpringHill Suites in other locations. I found my room to be somewhat lacking compared to the other SpringHill Suites I've stay at before. As a caveat, I was given an accessible room, so it was very spacious but in a way also felt a little spartan. The bathroom, also very large, was very sterile. The walls were plain white with white tile. It had one light which was linked with the exhaust fan that was very loud. Strangely, the bathtub/shower was VERY slick - I nearly lost my footing a couple times. You'd think the accessible room would take more steps to make the tub slip-proof.

The walls seemed very thin, as I could really hear both of my neighbors clearly when they were talking or moving around their rooms. Again, these things aren't a huge deal, but I'm comparing it to other SpringHill Suites I've stayed at previously.

The room was comfortable, especially the bed which was super cozy. The room had a mini-fridge, sink and microwave. There was also a desk and a couch, both of which were decent.

While I'm a big fan of the Marriott line, and this hotel was ideally located for my reason for being in West Des Moines, I'd probably stay at a different hotel if I had to return to the area again. Perhaps if I'd not stayed at better SpringHill Suites in the past I would not be so critical of this one.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo