“Great service, easy on/off, good breakfast”

Staybridge Suites West Des Moines
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed for one night. We were traveling with dogs and they bent over backwards to give us a ground floor room right beside the exit door to take them out. Thank you! This appears to be a brand new hotel, very clean. Breakfast had an excellent variety of hot/cold options. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jessica_H_12186, General Manager at Staybridge Suites West Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear ShirlLRacine,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience. We are glad that we were able to accommodate you & your dogs. We hope to see you again the next time you're in the Des Moines area.

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites West Des Moines

Reviewed 19 December 2013

We will definitely stay here again when we are in the Des Moines area. The hotel is new, very spacious, with great breakfast. It is close to Jordan Creek Mall. We had been to the Civic Center in downtown DM to attend a Broadway musical; it only took about 15 minutes to get to our hotel using the interstate. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Ann F,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, & that you were able to easily access all the places you visited while in town.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Hospitality good for TWTh night food/beer, plus workweek and weekend breakfasts are decent with more cold and hot food choices than comparable properties (and even good-quality brands in the hotel's "pantry" for purchase). Make-your-own waffles plus breakfast 'pizza' with breakfast sausage. Made two stays here in Nov '13. Much nicer than cramped Illinois Staybridge properties, with large well-furnished suites (King and 2 Queen, beds firm but comfy) and many choices on TV (satellite). Clean overall, staff helpful and polite -- professional combined with Iowa's welcoming culture.

Easy to find from I-80, and in an area of offices (corporate hdqtrs, etc.) that is quiet overnight and not too congested in morning; use your car to find eateries, it is not a downtown area with walking-distance services but places like Cheesecake Factory are a short drive.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jessica_H_12186, General Manager at Staybridge Suites West Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Midwestern_Woman,

I am pleased to know that you enjoy staying at our hotel when you're in the area, & that you find our amenities to be above average.

We look forward to providing you with excellent customer service the next time you're in town!

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Kudo's to the vivacious head of housekeeping and her cute husband that works part time at the front desk. They really make you feel welcome and part of an extended family when you stay there. Next time I'm in Des Moines I will definitely stay there again...they have a great breakfast and dinner bar.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Jessica_H_12186, General Manager at Staybridge Suites West Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Eldiabla23,

It's wonderful to know that several staff members had a positive impact on your stay. We strive to make you feel at home while away from home. We're looking forward to seeing you the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

King Suite-Fun, spin the wheel game, for IHG members upon arrival for pantry treats. Older well maintained facility. Lake behind property. Complimentary guest bicycles, laundry, indoor pool & hot tub, a sparce DVD and book selection. Ample free parking. Felt safe. Crowded room; even though no desk or armchair. Kitchen with full fridge, microwave, cooktop, dishwasher, bar area. No toaster oven. Sofa, TV and king bed. No wall/room divider. No pillow choices. Quiet. Slept well. Breakfast: Offered sausage, prefer bacon. Used points. Bill incorrect at checkout. New employee, Tammy, did not know how to correct it on computer. Promised us a phone call from management. Eventually the issue was resolved.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear. J W,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the mistake on billing when you were staying on points. I will re-train the staff of the proper way to handle reward stays. We hope to see you again

Reviewed 8 August 2013

After a long day of driving, I pulled into this hotel, which I had made a reservation over a month ago. Upon entering, we were greeting by a very distracted front desk clerk. I gave her my name and credit card and she just looks at me. Another employee addressed me stated "You do not have a room with us and we don't have anything available for you." I asked them to check their records again and the response I received "Well, do you have your confirmation number? Are you sure you made a reservation in this hotel." After I answered both questions, the employee looked at me and said "We CANNOT help you." I was so amazed at the rudenss of the staff, I turned and walked out. I went across the street to the Hampton Inn. They also did not have any rooms available BUT the desk clerk was very nice and helped me located lodging in the same area. I am in Des Moines often for business and I will never stay at the Staybridge. It might be a nice hotel however due to how I was treated, ever again. Customer Service is everything folks.

Room Tip: Beware if you need anything from their front desk as the customer service is terrible!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tagalong48
Jessica_H_12186, General Manager at Staybridge Suites West Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear tagalong48,

It concerns me greatly to hear of the customer service you received upon your arrival to our hotel. I am terribly sorry that you were treated that way. I train & guide my staff to be polite & friendly, & to help everyone the best that they can. The customer service you experienced definitely isn't typical of my staff. I would greatly appreciate it if you'd contact me at the hotel so that I can get a little more information to follow up with those involved.

Again, I do apologize & I hope that you will give us another try the next time you're in town, so that you can see the true customer service that we provide. We strive for excellence in customer service & I would like for you to have the chance to experience that.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We took a road trip out to Utah and needed to stop the first night. We were able to get a great price through travel services at work. We had a large suite for the 4 of us. Lots of room and well equipped. We loved the pool -- large enough and warm enough. The continental breakfast was a large spread and very adequate. The only issue I had with the hotel was that the room had a faint smell of smoke and it was a non-smoking room. Was acceptable for the night but would not have liked to sleep with that for an extended amount of time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Jessica_H_12186, General Manager at Staybridge Suites West Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience. We converted to 100% non-smoking in November 2012 & do our best to guide guests to designated smoking areas.

Thank you again. We hope to see you the next time you're in the area.