“Compassionate, friendly employees!!”

Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in West Des Moines
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My family and I were displaced from our new construction home just about 30 days ago due to a structural issue after getting a lot of rain. We reserved a room at the Residence Inn for a week hoping that we would be able to find a new home for our family. Crazy thinking on our part, as our stay ended up being 30 days at the Residence Inn before we were able to check out. During our stay the staff from the housekeepers to the local management were amazing!!! Darla, Brenda, Nocona and Bob were some of our favorites!!! They definitely showed their compassion for our situation, and made us feel welcome and cared for! What an amazing team!!! We so appreciate making our stay so wonderful!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Nocona50266, Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Residence Inn. We truly appreciate the great comments and we will share with our team members. We hope to see your family in the future under better circumstances enjoy your summer.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Yes as the title says this is a normal (New Style) Residence Inn, and regular is very good.
The rooms are well maintained and, as usual, very clean. Great pillows and good cable selection.
Chrystal and Jeremy are top notch front desk folks.
The only negative is Suzy, one of the morning breakfast folks. She has a less than cheerful attitude and seems very unhappy with her job of customer service.
This is a "Gotta Go" kinda place
IHG,
Rube

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and for choosing the Residence Inn for your recent stay. We work very hard to make each of our guests feel welcomed while they are with us. We hope to see you again very soon!! Have a great Summer!

Nocona Mollendor
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed 19 June 2013

The location is tough to beat, on the outskirts of the Jordan Creek Town Center mall, so there are many, many options for food nearby, plus movies and shopping. This also means it's a newer property with well-kept grounds. Very easy drive to/from the interstate. Rooms are spacious, and the basics were all there: comfortable bed, good water pressure and hot water, nice TV with plenty of channels, and friendly staff. Won this as a name-your-own-price booking for literally half of the going rate, so with free Wi-fi and hot breakfast, it was a good value.

For everything it did right, the room did have a couple minor let-downs with cleanliness and noise. Although the room was in mostly great shape, the tub did have a couple hairs and some sharp crumbs on the floor from a previous guest. The way the toilet paper had been torn, I wasn't sure if the toilet had been cleaned, although it looked fine. These didn't bother me much, but a small blood stain in the middle of one of the sheets wasn't a great discovery. Bedding was otherwise quite comfortable.

Lastly, any time the room above or below showered or flushed, the water/pipe noise was fairly loud and woke me up a few times. Being a construction issue, there's nothing the hotel can to remedy that now, and it was my only real disappointment. If you're hard of hearing or an otherwise heavy sleeper, though, this hotel is a good option.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed at The Residence Inn with my dog this past weekend, on 6/8/13. My husband and I recently moved and I was driving 1150 miles with our dog to our new home. West Des Moines, IA was the best place to split up the drive. I drove 670 miles on Saturday and was on the road for over twelve hours. When I arrived to check in the staff informed me there was a $100 non-refundable pet charge in addition to my $179 room charge. When I booked the hotel the day prior I checked both Priceline and the Marriott website - there was no mention of a pet charge on either site. It simply reads "pet friendly". I informed the staff that there was no mention of this charge when I booked and they replied with "what do you want to do?". As a young female, traveling alone, 670 miles from anyone I knew, and exhausted after spending the entire day driving, I told them I had no other option. Upon checking out I found that there was a Room Tax and City Tax applied to the Pet Charge in addition to the Room Tax and City Tax applied to the Room Charge.

I am extremely disappointed in Marriott for not being up front with their guests on their website and through the booking process. This is misleading and dishonest. They have lost a customer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank kds517

Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry your stay with us was not problem free. Our goal is to always make sure each guest feels welcomed and cared for. Please know we have addressed these issues and have taken the proper actions to prevent this from happening again in the future. I take our guests comments very seriously as they let me know what we are doing well and the areas we have room for improvement. We are reaching out to our third party vendors to make sure they are advising guests that we are pet friendly but that we also require a non-refundable pet deposit of $100 dollars. Again we thank you for bringing this to our attention. When you are in the area please come again and let us show you these issues have been resolved and you experience a wonderful stay.

Nocona Mollendor
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Hotel has a great patio over looking the Jordan Creek Park and Pond. Very short distant to the Jordan Creek Mall and restaurants. Hotel offers happy hour with wine and beer, Also a light supper. We chose to walk the the near by Pei Wei. Continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I checked into this hotel for business, and was surprised at how nice it is equipped to handle a family. The room has a full kitchen, with a couch and a king bed. Lots of space available in the room. I did find a used kleenex on the floor when I checked in, which is disgusting, but it was hidden under the bed. The rest of the room was clean. The front staff was very friendly. A social hour takes place each night, although it was crowded with business travellers drinking too much. Breakfast is included in the room price, and it is serve-yourself with acceptable food: cold cereal, eggs, ham. Not the best breakfast, but like I said, it's acceptable. I like to exercise when I travel, and the exercise facility is sub-par. One elliptical machine, a couple treadmills, and a couple stationary bikes along with free weights up to 30 lbs. However, only a small little space exists to use the free weights, so if anyone else is in the room with you, you won't be able to use the weights. The pool is nice and clean, however, and would be great with a family. Having travelled to Des Moines for business before, I did like that breakfast is included in the room price; but I do not like the exercise room. The room was clean, but the walls are thin.

Room Tip: As long as you don't have neighbors, it will be quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Stay here whenever I can on travel for work. Great hotel, nice rooms, close to lots of shopping and eating places. Great grounds to just walk around and good breakfast. Never had a bad stay. Sometimes their govt rooms are booked and I have to stay elsewhere. hate that!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business